MSCI Interview Questions & Reviews in Norman, OK

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MSCI in November 2012.

Very pleasant and professional treatment / experience. I was Initially contacted by MSCI recruiter out of NYC, who saw my profile on LinkedIn. I provided my resume, and interviewed with him on the phone to clarify the opportunity details and for MSCI to validate me as a candidate. A one-on-one interview at the work site followed. In that interview I was able to learn more about the position, the work team at that location, as well as the extended delivery team suporting the projects I would be involved in. It was a relaxed, yet structured interview with mainly behavioral questions related to the work being asked. I was told that I would continue as a candidate, and next step was a phone interview with the Hiring manager, based in the UK. That phone interview followed a similar format, but for me was more difficult over the phone. The process culminated the following week, when I was contacted by the NYC recruiter, who notified me I was not the candidate selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • If your high priority project was in contention for delivery resources with other high priority projects, how would you ensure yours was given the needed resources.   View Answer

Applications Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at MSCI in July 2014.

Applied through Linkedin.com, Recruiter called the next, explained the role, talked about background, current role and scheduled on-site interview. Interview lasted about 3 hours which covered technical linux knowledge , some java code and analytical/situation question about director and their environment and autosys.
    I Recruiter asking the feedback, he said all went well they have short list you. He also confirmed that their is not negative feedback but they want to conti scheduled interview and make final conculsion, It been 3 week nothing heard back so I decided to call back.
    He said you were the only who got selected in their short list but they are not ready to make offer yet.
    Well If arent planning on hiring and giving opportunities and then why conducting the interviews.
    Make no sense.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

The process took 3 days - interviewed at MSCI in January 2009.

It is a OU_MSCI project, I was in the OU team, and interviewed by a professor. He asked several simple questions about my experience, and salary, and the academic achievement

Vice President Applications Development Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MSCI in September 2012.

Expect multiple interviews (5 or more is not uncommon) and each interview session will have at least half a dozen people interviewing you, either one-on-one or in pairs. For technical positions, you should be prepared for a technical interview in a group setting, and problem-solving questions (some have no right/wrong answers). The company wants to know how you approach a problem.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question about people standing in a row and had different colored hats. You can only see the color of the hat in front of you. I think it's similar to the Wikipedia question: "Prisoners and hats puzzle"   Answer Question
    They do not typically negotiate salary. You may be able to get a tiny bit more, but that's about it. They will just go on to the next candidate. I think you should still try. If the hiring manager is in a pinch, you might get lucky.

Worked for MSCI? Contribute to the Community!