MSDSonline

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MSDSonline in April 2012.

Interview Details – -First step is a phone interview with the HR recruiter
-Provided that the first call goes well, you will be invited to the office for an on=site interview
-You will interview with one of the Sales Directors and three of the sales managers, two at a time
-After the two interviews you will sit with a Sales Rep and shadow them for roughly a half hour. During this time the Sales Rep will conduct an informal interview with you and show you what some of the daily responsibilities.

Interview Question – -There were really no unexpected questions
-If you come in without any prior sales experience and no sales background in college they will drill you
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and I asked for a higher salary. They bumped the salary up a few thousand dollars to get closer to the number that I asked for.

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MSDSonline in November 2013.

Interview Details – I emailed exactly per directions from the ad online, received an email response the following morning. We set up a day and time for a phone interview, which went well and I was scheduled to have an in-person interview at their office. Similar to other reviewers on here my interview consisted of five persons, first one, then two different teams of two persons.

Please note that their interview methods and questions are meant to be very challenging to push you into an uncomfortable situation to gauge your response/reaction. I had never been through an interview like this before and although I totally bombed it and got rattled, it was a very good experience as it exposed personal weaknesses that I was unaware of. So I have regrouped, addressed those weaknesses and will be ready for the next challenging interview.

Interview Question – If you had to choose between customers calling you or you calling the customer, which would you choose?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MSDSonline.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, was referred by a close friend. Went in for in person interview. Sat in a room for a few hours, had a panel interview of teams of 2 and probably spoke with 8+ people. They were all sales managers and one was the sales director.

Seemed to go well with the managers and they liked my experience and what I could bring to the team. The Director barely lifted his head up to look at me, just stared at my resume and asked slow unenthusiastic questions. Said that I've worked for too many companies (3) and that could pose as a red flag. I explained that I felt it was an asset to my level of experience and business acumen. Obviously he didn't agree or listen to his sales managers. I was turned down.

I was probably over qualified and I was unemployed at the time.

Interview Question – We typically hire people right out of college, what would hiring someone with more experience bring to the team?   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MSDSonline in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1. On campus interview. Very basic in structure and questions, especially for entry level
2. Called in for on-site interview in Chicago office. Round robin style interviews with 3-4 groups of managers. All different styles, but similar style questions that revolve around succeeding in sales.
3. 1-2 weeks after a call/ email is sent with offer letter

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest regret was the most unexpected question   View Answer
  • What is your greatest accomplishment   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate at first, but still received moving/ signing bonus.

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MSDSonline in March 2011.

Interview Details – This was probably one of the worst and most inappropriate interview process I have ever endured for any company. It consisted of 5 interviews!
1. phone interview with HR
2. phone interview with the hiring manager
3 & 4. panel interview with 4 people (1st session with 2 people, 2nd session with 2 people)
5. interview with director and VP

You would think all of this interviewing would be for a high level executive position, right? No, not at all! However, some of the questions the higher level management were asking were quite inappropriate for the position. One asked me WHO paid for my college education, and HOW I paid for college. Please keep in mind I have over 6 of experience and graduated college several years ago.

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MSDSonline in April 2009.

Interview Details – You go through a phone interview, then you do an office interview, meeting with the hr person, and a few managers, the vice president, and sometimes the president.

Negotiation Details – Nonexistant

Worked for MSDSonline? Contribute to the Community!