MSLGROUP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.9

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (New York, NY).

Interview

Takes a couple months to go through because they have to send to Paris, a lot of back and forth and they made me do a writing project with not much time so it was a quick turnaround

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my experience, asked if I was good at writing and could manage an account   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met 3 people total. All were punctual, respectful and professional. Notes: Courteous, personable HR representative; vivacious, intelligent leadership. Situation: Focus of the interview was on the particular account which required staffing. My interests were better suited to the agency overall, not necessarily the account in need. I would welcome the opportunity to interview again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role? Describe an accomplishment.   Answer Question

Summer Insiders ChallengeProgram Interview

Interview

It was a long day, but everyone was very welcoming and nice. The day consisted of working in small groups on various activities, a networking lunch, one-on-one interviews and editing pieces.

Interview Questions

• What's a time when you were under a lot of pressure and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Waltham, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 with HR and 1 with the hiring manager, then in person interviews at the Waltham office with 6 senior leaders. Very open interview process. At the end I met with HR again and they told me I would have a final sign off call and never heard back from them again. After spending 5 hours on site interviewing and not get as much as a call back was very disheartening.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MSLGROUP.

Interview

There were a total of five rounds of interviews. First, a phone interview with HR. Then, an in-person HR interview, followed by an interview with the MD. Then, interviews with the SVPs. Finally, a call with their corporate HR head.

Interview Questions

• Strategy questions, experience, successful campaign executions   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy, fast, and straightforward. I spoke with a Human Resources Recruiter throughout the process (first during a phone screening, then in person and over email), interviewed with two team members (first on the phone, then in person) and also spoke with a Human Resources Vice President. Throughout the whole process, I felt as if the company was truly trying to get to know me - there were no tricks involved.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long and draining I interview with 7 VPS . All of which liked me but in the end they should have did a better job screening.

Interview Questions

• Basic Long term goals Short terms goals Work History Nothing earth shattering   1 Answer

Public Relations Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MSLGROUP.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin about an internship position in my area. I was happy to send over a resume. She then invited me to a phone interview. I can't remember the exact questions, but she basically wanted to know about my experience with PR writing. media relations, and digital communications. The interview went well, or so I thought. I followed up with her and she then invited me to take a writing test, but didn't provide clear instructions. I wasn't sure if it was timed or if she was letting me know approx. how much time it would take. I was also confused because it was an editing test of a press release I had already seen online when I originally researched the organization. They purposely put grammar errors throughout the version she sent for me to correct. The other test was to write a pitch about the Jonas Brothers. I completed both tests and sent them over. ... I never heard from her. I never got a confirmation that she received them, or a reply to my THREE followup emails or anything. It was so unprofessional. Meanwhile, I saw her constantly posting open positions for her organization on Linkedin. I was very disappointed.

Interview Questions

Interview

The initial application online was easy enough. It was annoying that you couldn't save your application online though, so you had to do it all in one shot. After the deadline for the initial online application passed, I found out maybe a week later that I was invited to their challenge day. I was a little annoyed that they did not provide any travel reimbursements whatsoever, and it was pricey to fly out there and make arrangements etc. The challenge day itself was really friendly, however it was pretty long. I did really like how they had you get a true feel about the company atmosphere etc. The challenge day consisted of showing everyones info graphic or videos, a mini case study presentation (this is brief and short, so don't worry about this), and rotating interviews (we all had 2 half hour interviews I believe). This was all in addition to numerous presentations by different employees in different positions. Overall, everyone was super friendly and while it was obvious that it was really competitive, I didn't feel like it was done is a harsh way whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Really no difficult question stood out to me. The interviews were very conversational and easy. Just be prepared to explain how your skills would cater to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotiatiable.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSLGROUP (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by phone for in-person interview; no phone interview. Nice location, high energy, creative environment. In-person interview with hiring manager. Q&A format. Explained the number of people who applied, how many chosen for interview, and the next steps - team meeting about the interview to decided on 3 candidates for 2nd in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being on-call, evenings and weekends, if a problem happens (at event) and there's something we need you to research or take care of?   Answer Question