MSLGROUP Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MSLGROUP.

There were a total of five rounds of interviews. First, a phone interview with HR. Then, an in-person HR interview, followed by an interview with the MD. Then, interviews with the SVPs. Finally, a call with their corporate HR head.

Interview Questions
    • Strategy questions, experience, successful campaign executions   View Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MSLGROUP in February 2015.

2 phone interviews, 1 with HR and 1 with the hiring manager, then in person interviews at the Waltham office with 6 senior leaders. Very open interview process. At the end I met with HR again and they told me I would have a final sign off call and never heard back from them again. After spending 5 hours on site interviewing and not get as much as a call back was very disheartening.

Public Relations Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MSLGROUP.

The recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin about an internship position in my area. I was happy to send over a resume. She then invited me to a phone interview. I can't remember the exact questions, but she basically wanted to know about my experience with PR writing. media relations, and digital communications. The interview went well, or so I thought. I followed up with her and she then invited me to take a writing test, but didn't provide clear instructions. I wasn't sure if it was timed or if she was letting me know approx. how much time it would take. I was also confused because it was an editing test of a press release I had already seen online when I originally researched the organization. They purposely put grammar errors throughout the version she sent for me to correct. The other test was to write a pitch about the Jonas Brothers. I completed both tests and sent them over. ...
    I never heard from her. I never got a confirmation that she received them, or a reply to my THREE followup emails or anything. It was so unprofessional. Meanwhile, I saw her constantly posting open positions for her organization on Linkedin. I was very disappointed.

Summer Insider's Challenge Interview

The initial application online was easy enough. It was annoying that you couldn't save your application online though, so you had to do it all in one shot. After the deadline for the initial online application passed, I found out maybe a week later that I was invited to their challenge day. I was a little annoyed that they did not provide any travel reimbursements whatsoever, and it was pricey to fly out there and make arrangements etc. The challenge day itself was really friendly, however it was pretty long. I did really like how they had you get a true feel about the company atmosphere etc. The challenge day consisted of showing everyones info graphic or videos, a mini case study presentation (this is brief and short, so don't worry about this), and rotating interviews (we all had 2 half hour interviews I believe). This was all in addition to numerous presentations by different employees in different positions. Overall, everyone was super friendly and while it was obvious that it was really competitive, I didn't feel like it was done is a harsh way whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • Really no difficult question stood out to me. The interviews were very conversational and easy. Just be prepared to explain how your skills would cater to the job.   Answer Question
    non negotiatiable.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MSLGROUP in May 2014.

Contacted by phone for in-person interview; no phone interview. Nice location, high energy, creative environment. In-person interview with hiring manager. Q&A format. Explained the number of people who applied, how many chosen for interview, and the next steps - team meeting about the interview to decided on 3 candidates for 2nd in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about being on-call, evenings and weekends, if a problem happens (at event) and there's something we need you to research or take care of?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MSLGROUP in April 2014.

One of the best and most comfortable interviews I've been to. Very exciting and interactive. I feel that the interview went just the way they treat their employees. You could see a great vibe within coworkers.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MSLGROUP in March 2014.

Focused on having a conversation. Felt like i was getting to know someone, not being asked questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you not wearing green (it was st pats day)   View Answer

Summer Insider's Challenge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MSLGROUP in March 2014.

I uploaded my resumé, answered the 2-3 case questions on the application, and got feedback within 2 weeks that I was invited to the Challenge Day in San Francisco. I was surprised that there was not a primary phone interview before going to San Francisco. The Challenge Day was exactly as lined out in the descriptions that they give you prior to the day, and the only downside is that travel/accomodations were not compensated. Be prepared to be asked specific questions about the location, company, and why specifically PR. They want to make sure that you want it for the right reasons, especially because they have a high retention rate for full-time after the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you specifically want to work in the San Francisco office?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate.

Senior Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at MSLGROUP.

I was recruited by an expert consultant. He painted a great picture of a PR firm on the rise. I met with the President several times then was introduced to key leaders. I negotiated my package with the CFO. Overall, people were nice, professional and generally open to good discussion.

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions, just good philosophical debate and conversation about my experience. I got the chance to ask a lot of questions - and I liked what I heard.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate. CFO is a tough one though on negotiation!

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MSLGROUP.

The interview process took place in 3 steps - phone interview with HR followed by in-person discussions with superiors and peers, and a last round to meet the junior staff. Everything went smoothly and quickly. The issue is I was lied to about the health of the client relationship - when told the agency was in good standing with the client I later found out that the client was on their way out. They fired the agency during my first week.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to have examples of work that you've done that you're proud of. Lots of questions about past successes.   Answer Question
    Easy - they met my salary and vacation requirements.