MTA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship

Interviewed at MTA

Interview Details – The interview was straightforward.

Interview Question – All the questions were quite standard. Nothing complicated.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Environmental Specialist Interview

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MTA in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was called in for a interview. No phone screening or anything. I went in the Manager of
Environmental Protection spoke about what they do and the position. Asked almost no questions. She was very nice and that was all. I believe they had already picked a candidate and had me there to meet a quota. I called back to ask if they had any questions for me and when they would decide on a candidate. I have not received an email or a call yet. Unprofessional and would not work there if they offered me a job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Did not expect the interviewer to talk so much about the position and not ask many questions.   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Internship Interview

Jamaica, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MTA.

Interview Details – applied through my school, the process took a month.

Interview Question – Easy questions, nothing technical.   Answer Question

Auditor I Interview

Auditor I
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MTA in April 2013.

Interview Details – I believe it's just ONE person that handles all the hiring at the MTA Headquarters.

Straight forward interview. Calls you about it to schedule the interview, then expect you to come in. The place itself is pretty much desserted, with no receptionist or a worker in sight. You can walk in quite casually.
She was pretty friendly, until it got down to MTA history. She was pretty upset on it, that I only knew the minimum.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?
Why do you want to work with the MTA?
Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a lot of stress.
Tell me how you'd deal with an angry client.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
  Answer Question

Software Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MTA.

Interview Details – basic question, easy

Interview Question – No difficult   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MTA in September 2013.

Interview Details – it's a face-to-face interview. the whole thing is about 1 hour. talking to different staff members about your past experience. typical interviewing process. the staff was nice and friendly. the questions were not that difficult. make sure you arrive on time and they needed to check your id at door.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MTA in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was an easy interview ! Just be yourself and answer smartly.

Interview Question – They didn't ask my any difficult question   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It conflicts with my class schedule

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed at MTA

Interview Details – Pretty chill. Start off with questions, answer them. Then you let it roll with the coding portions. And yeah...

Interview Question – We are not allowed to disclose this information.   View Answer

Senior Associate Counsel Interview

Senior Associate Counsel

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MTA in December 2008.

Interview Details – This was very lengthy, and undefined. It literally took over 5 interviews and around 8 months before the offer came.

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations. It is a government agency.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MTA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MTA interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by MTA employees and interview candidates.