MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority

MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Engineering(Subway Division) Interview

Interview

Sat down, PE reviewed resume and spoke about position for about 2 minutes. He then forwarded my paperwork to Human Resources. We shook hands and parted ways. There was no interview questioning.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

After we greeted, the interviewer proceeded to ask a few behavioral questions. Another young interviewer (an intern) was also present, so there were two interviewers. The overall process was simple, there were no tricky questions.

Materials Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Alot of Questions regarding the position. You properly prepare for the interview there should be no problems. this company looks like a great place to certainly work. my interview went very well and I'm still waiting to get to the next phase. I was first contacted about the position by phone by a recruiter that works for the MTA. my recruiter submitted my resume to the hiring department and I got a call for an interview the following week.

Interview Questions

• Described as a materials planner the most important to you lead time, price, or quality?   1 Answer

GIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online through job posting, got called a few weeks after by phone for interview in person.interview was straight forward. HR and technical interviewers together interviewed. only one round of interview questions. combination of behavioral and technical questions. i was given directions to reach the place. i reached very early but i was called only on time. initially reviewed my application that i was asked to fill up and bring. gave me a short intro and took me to the interview room. One HR and two technical interviewers were present.

MTA Summer Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in May 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview a month after I applied. 1HR and 1 manager from your department. Barely went over my resume. Asked about several technical questions related to excel, analyzing data.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about term analyze and reconciliation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you can forecast that the products we would hand in to customer are in good quality?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied and was called for an interview a few months later. Overall the interview was straight forward; no questions came out of the blue. Most questions were behavioral with a few asking about my excel knowledge and typing abilities. I was then walked around the office and introduced to some supervisors. The interview felt very comfortable and was overall a good experience.

College Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through college early in January. Received a screening call in April. Interviewed late April. During the interview process, I had another screening with two staff from the office then a meeting with the supervisor, both on the same day. The staff was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Write a letter detailing the tasks of the job and what makes you the best fit for the position   Answer Question

College Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in March 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, both by phone. The first one largely asked about why I wanted to apply for this position, my particular interests/past experiences in transit, and so on. The second interview was slightly more technical, asking about skills and how I would apply certain skills to projects, and so on. Both interviewers were courteous and were very responsive to questions I asked them.

Interview Questions

• How would you check for errors when you aggregate large quantities of data?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email - was given an appointment for HR and told I would go to a different office after and to allow time.They did not tell me Madison and 40 something for very long HR and then down town for interviews with hiring managers. HR was a nice woman who told many stories about why people left - mostly people who could not handle talking in conference rooms and not disturbing others and using their own time for personal things, HR rep seemed shocked when I said that I felt personal vacation time not endlessly leaving early is what people need to use at times. Had to go all the way to financial district to do interview with two managers. Very haughty people and very condescending manner. Who would accept an offer with them unless unemployed?

Interview Questions

• What was your role (hammered this one) We have construction and technology and financial reporting audits which is more to your background. Why didn't you send your resume out before the layoff? Seriously they asked this re my former job. Never heard of 2008 recession.   1 Answer

Support Aide Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

I applied through an internship program which I found out about from my college's career center. The interview questions were standard behavioral/situational questions. Utilized the STAR method. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision" (I forgot my example and freaked out a bit)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation