MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.4

Winter/Summer Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in September 2014.

I was interviewed once over the phone after someone I knew contacted somebody at the MTA. The people I emailed and spoke with were all very nice, and mostly asked me about my interest in transit. They were more than willing to discuss their current projects with me before and after we had gone through the technical part of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name one design pattern and explain how it works. (This was the only question)   View Answer

Staff Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in September 2014.

I got the first round interview through a job fair at the MTA Transit museum. I had a brief talk with an analyst and manager. I was able to make it to the 2nd round. The first round lasted about 10 minutes between the two interviewers. The second round was a 1 on 1 with the manager and lasted almost an hour. The questions were straight forward and focused on my work experience and education.

Interview Questions
    • How I would price an item unique solely to train manufacturing?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

They asked relevant work experience before hand and relevant schooling questions. Also they asked: Why do I want to work here. What are my interests. Do I have any family members within the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you create a live document that continues to gather information from the office files and update itself daily?   Answer Question

Client Services Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

In person interview, just basic STAR structured behavioral questions, always good to use detailed examples from experiences on your resume. Staff was overall friendly and one of the current Interns escorted me to the meeting itself, overall good experience.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Very easy interview, just asked about stuff on resume and discussed the job. Workers seem nice, office seems a bit outdated. Saw a typewriter at one point. Clean with cubicles. Very "Dilbert-esque" feel. I barely said anything, one guy explained the job for most of the interview, the other grilled me on my resume and gave me standard interview questions. Afterwards I was asked if I had any questions (had a couple) and then left.

College Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in May 2014.

Phone call and 1:1 Interview, went to the building to meet the project manager, easy process. Just basic showing around the office and tour of the building with two orientations to attend.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in April 2014.

Quick and easy. Asked basic questions and interviewers were very friendly. Three people interviewed me but only two of them asked questions while the other one dozed off. Overall good experience and the office was nice and clean.

Train Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Pass the exam for above. 98 u will be called

Internship Interview

The interview was straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were quite standard. Nothing complicated.   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

applied through my school, the process took a month.