MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.4

Winter/Summer Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in September 2014.

I was interviewed once over the phone after someone I knew contacted somebody at the MTA. The people I emailed and spoke with were all very nice, and mostly asked me about my interest in transit. They were more than willing to discuss their current projects with me before and after we had gone through the technical part of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name one design pattern and explain how it works. (This was the only question)   View Answer

Intern Interview

They asked relevant work experience before hand and relevant schooling questions. Also they asked: Why do I want to work here. What are my interests. Do I have any family members within the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you create a live document that continues to gather information from the office files and update itself daily?   Answer Question

Client Services Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

In person interview, just basic STAR structured behavioral questions, always good to use detailed examples from experiences on your resume. Staff was overall friendly and one of the current Interns escorted me to the meeting itself, overall good experience.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Very easy interview, just asked about stuff on resume and discussed the job. Workers seem nice, office seems a bit outdated. Saw a typewriter at one point. Clean with cubicles. Very "Dilbert-esque" feel. I barely said anything, one guy explained the job for most of the interview, the other grilled me on my resume and gave me standard interview questions. Afterwards I was asked if I had any questions (had a couple) and then left.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in April 2014.

Quick and easy. Asked basic questions and interviewers were very friendly. Three people interviewed me but only two of them asked questions while the other one dozed off. Overall good experience and the office was nice and clean.

Train Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Pass the exam for above. 98 u will be called

Internship Interview

The interview was straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were quite standard. Nothing complicated.   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

applied through my school, the process took a month.

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in January 2014.

I was called in for a interview. No phone screening or anything. I went in the Manager of
    Environmental Protection spoke about what they do and the position. Asked almost no questions. She was very nice and that was all. I believe they had already picked a candidate and had me there to meet a quota. I called back to ask if they had any questions for me and when they would decide on a candidate. I have not received an email or a call yet. Unprofessional and would not work there if they offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Did not expect the interviewer to talk so much about the position and not ask many questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted via email to do a panel interview with a couple of members in the HR department. The interview consisted mostly of behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions
    • If both of us had 2 important tasks for you that needed to be completed by the end of the day, which would you finish first?   Answer Question