MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
30 interviews

2.4

Intern Interview

They asked relevant work experience before hand and relevant schooling questions. Also they asked: Why do I want to work here. What are my interests. Do I have any family members within the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you create a live document that continues to gather information from the office files and update itself daily?   Answer Question

Contracts Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in January 2013.

Get in touch with HR who can set you up for the access to the career portal on their website. Upload resume to apply up to 6 positions at once and wait for call(s) from hiring manager from different departments. Usually it is one round interview with the person who call you and maybe a colleague in the same department.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in July 2012.

I was hired via Goodtemps, the employment agency associated with Goodwill industries. I read about them in a Time Out article about temp agencies in NYC. I set up an interview, meet with someone who said they rarely had editor/writer positions (that's my career) and then I waited. Eventually, they had something at the MTA which I was sent to and stayed about 1 1/2 years.

GoodTemps is an employment agency associated with Goodwill Industries. They were very kind and encouraging. I didn't have that much experience with MS Office so they let me practice at home which I did diligently. Then I took the tests and passed them all. Once they had an opening for me, they placed me. However, it didn't seem that that many temps ever got hired. That was and is frustrating.

Client Services Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

In person interview, just basic STAR structured behavioral questions, always good to use detailed examples from experiences on your resume. Staff was overall friendly and one of the current Interns escorted me to the meeting itself, overall good experience.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Very easy interview, just asked about stuff on resume and discussed the job. Workers seem nice, office seems a bit outdated. Saw a typewriter at one point. Clean with cubicles. Very "Dilbert-esque" feel. I barely said anything, one guy explained the job for most of the interview, the other grilled me on my resume and gave me standard interview questions. Afterwards I was asked if I had any questions (had a couple) and then left.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in April 2014.

Quick and easy. Asked basic questions and interviewers were very friendly. Three people interviewed me but only two of them asked questions while the other one dozed off. Overall good experience and the office was nice and clean.

Train Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Pass the exam for above. 98 u will be called

Road Car Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in December 2010.

You have to take a test that asks you questions about mechanical and electrical concepts

Interview Questions
    • You may get questions that require to use several electrical formulas or equations to get a result.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Either you take it or leave it.

Internship Interview

The interview was straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were quite standard. Nothing complicated.   Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in January 2014.

I was called in for a interview. No phone screening or anything. I went in the Manager of
    Environmental Protection spoke about what they do and the position. Asked almost no questions. She was very nice and that was all. I believe they had already picked a candidate and had me there to meet a quota. I called back to ask if they had any questions for me and when they would decide on a candidate. I have not received an email or a call yet. Unprofessional and would not work there if they offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Did not expect the interviewer to talk so much about the position and not ask many questions.   Answer Question

Worked for MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority? Contribute to the Community!