MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.4

Internal Audit Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email - was given an appointment for HR and told I would go to a different office after and to allow time.They did not tell me Madison and 40 something for very long HR and then down town for interviews with hiring managers.
    HR was a nice woman who told many stories about why people left - mostly people who could not handle talking in conference rooms and not disturbing others and using their own time for personal things, HR rep seemed shocked when I said that I felt personal vacation time not endlessly leaving early is what people need to use at times.

Had to go all the way to financial district to do interview with two managers. Very haughty people and very condescending manner. Who would accept an offer with them unless unemployed?

Interview Questions

• What was your role (hammered this one)
      We have construction and technology and financial reporting audits which is more to your background.
      Why didn't you send your resume out before the layoff? Seriously they asked this re my former job. Never heard of 2008 recession.

1 Answer

Support Aide Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

I applied through an internship program which I found out about from my college's career center. The interview questions were standard behavioral/situational questions. Utilized the STAR method. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision" (I forgot my example and freaked out a bit)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

You get an in person interview with someone in the department you applied, it can be a one-on-one interview or two or more people. Then you get another small interview with the HR department

Director Learning Curriculum and Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially, I received an interview invitation from one of their recruiters for a vacant director position in downtown Brooklyn, three months after having applied for a similar position in another of their many departments.

One week later, moments before the interview was set to begin, the host informed me that I was going to be interviewed for the Senior Manager position, that carried a completely different job description. Instead of a face-to-face conversation, as the interview was scheduled to be conducted, I faced a panel with four participants. Among them the new, previously hired director.

Reading from a script, the interviewers asked me behavioral questions of a quality I would have expected from a recruiter conducting an initial screening interview, but certainly not from a group of department heads. First, very little was said about the position itself. However, things went interestingly when I questioned the scientific validity of some of their favorite toys like Meyer Briggs Type Identification (MBTI), an alleged assessment of one's personality type, and other remnants of the ’80 popular pseudo-science like Kilman’s Conflict Solving Theory.

It turned out that that particular department managed to survive in a kind of parallel universe, ignoring pretty much everything we’ve learned the last forty years in the area of human development.

In a way, I was pleased to be able to introduce them to a statistical program for social science that they’d never heard of. While the host tried her very best to save face, unintentionally I ruined their day. Especially the HR person, who was fuming.

As customary, I followed up with a "Thank You" note and, as expected, I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for the position better than the other candidates?   1 Answer

Winter/Summer Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed once over the phone after someone I knew contacted somebody at the MTA. The people I emailed and spoke with were all very nice, and mostly asked me about my interest in transit. They were more than willing to discuss their current projects with me before and after we had gone through the technical part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one design pattern and explain how it works. (This was the only question)   1 Answer

Staff Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I got the first round interview through a job fair at the MTA Transit museum. I had a brief talk with an analyst and manager. I was able to make it to the 2nd round. The first round lasted about 10 minutes between the two interviewers. The second round was a 1 on 1 with the manager and lasted almost an hour. The questions were straight forward and focused on my work experience and education.

Interview Questions

• How I would price an item unique solely to train manufacturing?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

They asked relevant work experience before hand and relevant schooling questions. Also they asked: Why do I want to work here. What are my interests. Do I have any family members within the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a live document that continues to gather information from the office files and update itself daily?   Answer Question

Client Services Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

In person interview, just basic STAR structured behavioral questions, always good to use detailed examples from experiences on your resume. Staff was overall friendly and one of the current Interns escorted me to the meeting itself, overall good experience.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Interview

Very easy interview, just asked about stuff on resume and discussed the job. Workers seem nice, office seems a bit outdated. Saw a typewriter at one point. Clean with cubicles. Very "Dilbert-esque" feel. I barely said anything, one guy explained the job for most of the interview, the other grilled me on my resume and gave me standard interview questions. Afterwards I was asked if I had any questions (had a couple) and then left.

College Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MTA - Metropolitan Transportation Authority (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone call and 1:1 Interview, went to the building to meet the project manager, easy process. Just basic showing around the office and tour of the building with two orientations to attend.