MTS Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MTS Systems in February 2012.

Interview Details – As a college student, I have explored internship opportunities by using personal connections and networking. I got in touch with an alumnus of my college who had worked on the same student engineering project as myself. I requested a tour of the company, and he obliged. During this tour, I asked questions (which was not difficult since there is so much happening on the production floor) and in return he asked questions of me (the usual 'get to know you' sort of stuff as well as career goals and aspirations) At the end of this tour, I gave him my resume and left. A few months later, the hiring manager in his department asked me for a phone interview and I got the job.

Interview Question – While touring the production floor, we stopped at piece of vehicle test equipment and he asked me to explain its function and what various components did. After walking around the equipment, I was able to answer. (It was several interconnected linkages that moved the wheel of a suspended car)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MTS Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MTS Systems Mechanical Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by MTS Systems employees and interview candidates.