MTV Networks

26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few weeks later College Relations contacted me and set me up with my supervisor. I did one phone interview and he "hired" me on the spot. A few more e-mails to the College Relations team and I had officially sealed the deal.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for {specific team}?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interns don't negotiate.

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks.

Interview Details – I was in communication with HR for a few weeks after submitting an application. They finally helped me decide on a department that would suit my interests. I had a few phone calls with my to-be supervisor, and then an in-person interview. A few hours after leaving the interview, I was called with an offer.

Interview Question – What TV shows do you watch?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an unpaid internship so I didn't get to negotiate a salary, but I was given some wiggle room on starting and ending hours. I was only given a few days to accept or decline, though.

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MTV Networks in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy. Interviewer asked me about myself and once I told her some basic facts, she launched into a description of the job and working environment.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unpaid.

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at MTV Networks.

Interview Details – It was very professional. She asked great questions and gave a lot of information up front.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MTV Networks in May 2011.

Interview Details – Was made aware of the job by a professor who was made aware of an intern position by an alumni of my university. Interviewed for an intern position in the series production department. Interviewed with two of the assistants to the production executives in a phone interview. Following my interview, I received a call offering me the position 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What are some of your favorite MTV shows?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MTV Networks in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an interview email. It just took 1 day to setup an interview . The process was pretty fast. I had an interview with The supervisor and she was very sweet and cordial. First interview of,y life. Went really swift. I was asked about my academics and academic projects and my interests. Thats its. Got the answer right there. I had a chance to ask about the ongoing projects and what would i be working on. Was given a department tour and introduced to everyone. Everyone was very humble and nice. And the HR process was also very swift and everything was done in a few days.

Interview Question – Describing projects   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks in April 2011.

Interview Details – You will go through a preliminary phone interview, then have several interviews (phone and in person) with people you could potentially work under. The overall atmosphere here is relaxed and laid back, but they are still looking for professional and experience people. They are helpful and offer insight into making it to the next step of the process.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to handle conflict   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MTV Networks in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was a very simple interview. I spoke with my soon-to-be intern supervisor and she asked me how my experiences related to the specific internship.

Interview Question – Tell me about specific experiences on your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unpaid Internship

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview took a long time. I had my first ph interview and they asked me a few pre-screening questions. Then I had my second interview for an intern position. They asked me about my college and work experience. Very easy. Then I was never called back and finally after calling them and leaving many messages I received a different position within the company.

Interview Question – What was your favorite class?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at MTV Networks in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied in the Spring and received a call in early Summer from HR. They asked general resume questions/what are my passions, and then gave me some ideas for which departments would be a good fit. They told me they were forwarding me through the process (which I was incredibly psyched about), and then I waited and waited for that next step for about a month. Finally I received an e-mail with a department contact, setup a phone interview for the next day, and had a great (if somewhat one-sided on their part) conversation. They offered me the internship, and I accepted--it was an absolutely amazing experience, and I honestly owe everything of my current career to them :).

Interview Question – What are the things that get you the most passionate?   Answer Question

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!