MTV Networks Intern Interview Questions

2.3

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks.

I applied online and a few weeks later College Relations contacted me and set me up with my supervisor. I did one phone interview and he "hired" me on the spot. A few more e-mails to the College Relations team and I had officially sealed the deal.

Interns don't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for MTV Networks

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks.

I was in communication with HR for a few weeks after submitting an application. They finally helped me decide on a department that would suit my interests. I had a few phone calls with my to-be supervisor, and then an in-person interview. A few hours after leaving the interview, I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions
    It was an unpaid internship so I didn't get to negotiate a salary, but I was given some wiggle room on starting and ending hours. I was only given a few days to accept or decline, though.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MTV Networks.

It was very professional. She asked great questions and gave a lot of information up front.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MTV Networks in March 2012.

Very easy. Interviewer asked me about myself and once I told her some basic facts, she launched into a description of the job and working environment.

Unpaid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at MTV Networks in May 2011.

Was made aware of the job by a professor who was made aware of an intern position by an alumni of my university. Interviewed for an intern position in the series production department. Interviewed with two of the assistants to the production executives in a phone interview. Following my interview, I received a call offering me the position 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your favorite MTV shows?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at MTV Networks in April 2011.

I applied online and got an interview email. It just took 1 day to setup an interview . The process was pretty fast. I had an interview with The supervisor and she was very sweet and cordial. First interview of,y life. Went really swift. I was asked about my academics and academic projects and my interests. Thats its. Got the answer right there. I had a chance to ask about the ongoing projects and what would i be working on. Was given a department tour and introduced to everyone. Everyone was very humble and nice. And the HR process was also very swift and everything was done in a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks in April 2011.

You will go through a preliminary phone interview, then have several interviews (phone and in person) with people you could potentially work under. The overall atmosphere here is relaxed and laid back, but they are still looking for professional and experience people. They are helpful and offer insight into making it to the next step of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks in December 2010.

Quick 5 minute phone interview with HR in NYC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Everyone made me feel very comfortable and they were very knowledgable and interested in teaching me. They were very informative about the position and department. The company made it very easy to apply, with two phone interviews before actually coming in to the office. This made sure that neither one of us were wasting our time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at MTV Networks in November 2010.

Phone interview is quick and brief - HR goes through positions available, suggest ones you may like, and ask you brief questions about why you are a fit for that position. HR then forwards you contact person for specific departments to set up a meeting. I decided not to continue interviewing at this time.

Interview Questions

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!