MTV Networks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MTV Networks in January 2014.

Interview Details – Helpful, interested and genuinely attempting to put me in a position where I would excel. However, an employee within the company had to get my resume to HR - they did not make an independent decision that I was right for the job - rather the executives did once they interviewed me.

Interview Question – Why MTV   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for my salary and start date

Producer Interview

Producer

Interviewed at MTV Networks

Interview Details – Meeting with executive producers run the gamut. Some are only concerned about your previous experience, others just want to know that you have "been through the wringer." Usually these shows or series are greenlit and production begins right away, so you have to be ready to accept an offer within 24 hours.

Interview Question – What do you think of [artist/musician/band]?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at MTV Networks

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with HR and and the hiring manager. Then was called in a week later for a second interview with a few team members. That process was quick and they said they wanted to hire me. It took almost a month though to get the final offer.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward questions, no surprises. But be sure to dress formally! The attire in the office may be casual, but they expect formal interview attire.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MTV Networks in April 2010.

Interview Details – This was a fairly simple process. I was contacted by an agency and all interviews were set-up over a two-day period. I spoke with 6 or 7 people, went over my experience (5 years at another media company), walked through the studios and editing areas and was offered the position after my last interview.

Interview Question – How would I bring excellence to MTV that was not there already?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Again, simple. I gave a figure and it was accepted - please not this was expected. I would not have left for anything less and this was more than the usual amount for my initial position.

Series Development Intern Interview

Series Development Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks.

Interview Details – Applied through the general Viacom Development Internship. Was put in contact with the HR department, who gave me a contact at MTV. Interviewed once over the phone with the contact, then had a second follow up interview with my prospective supervisor. Very relaxed, easy going, and very friendly.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you developed something into a story/short film etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Productions Intern Interview

Productions Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MTV Networks.

Interview Details – I applied for this job in January of 2012 through their Viacom careers website. I heard back about a phone interview about a month later. I got a call from HR who asked me basic resume questions, my classes in undergrad, what I would be interested in at MTV etc. They then told me I would be connected with the MTV productions department because I seemed like a good fit there. Another month later I heard from MTV and I spoke to about 3 people. One was the director of operations, one was one of the executive assistants and one was a production associate. It was a really easy interview, they asked me pretty basic questions about myself and it seemed like they already wanted to hire me and they were just getting specifics. After this interview I didn't hear back from them until like the middle of April saying I got the internship.

Interview Question – What's your favorite TV show on MTV, they just want to make sure you actually watch the network and are up to date on the latest trends   Answer Question

Executive Producer Interview

Executive Producer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks.

Interview Details – There was two rounda - a phone and two in person interviews-- First with the a VP, then the producer directly under her. Both women were sweet. We hit it off, but when it came time to hearing back they never even sent out a "Thanks but we've filled the position e-mail."

Interview Question – Which do you prefer more - editorial writing or production?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at MTV Networks.

Interview Details – Initial interview was unorganized and they were behind so it began late.

Interview Question – Questions about their own marketing activity, so be educated in their efforts.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MTV Networks in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process was pretty straightforward. I sent in my resume online and then I heard from their HR person. She seemed really busy and the communication with her was a little spotty. It sounded like she provided a bunch of resumes to the person that was hiring and mine happened to be on the top of the pile and I got called first. We hit it off and she said she was going to interview a few more people but I don't know if she did. I got the offer a couple days later.

Interview Question – She asked about my specific experience with statistical analysis and I had to recall exactly what kind of such analysis I'd done in the past. I wasn't prepared for that particular question but I think I answered it OK.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer and I needed the job plus it didn't sound like there was much room for negotiation so I just accepted it. It was basically an entry level job so the number is probably more or less fixed or on a tight range.

PR Intern Interview

PR Intern
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MTV Networks in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited to the office to interview for the position. Two interviewees looked at my resume and portfolio. It was a quick interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about why you like to watch certain MTV shows?   Answer Question

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!