MTV Networks

2.5

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Coordinator Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at MTV Networks in August 2014.

Call me old fashioned, but I believe that if you take time off from work to interview with a company, you deserve a response. Needless to say, MTV has different thoughts on the matter. After my interview, I followed up twice with no success. I think I speak for everyone when I say all it takes is one sentence: "Thank you for your time but, unfortunately, we decided to go with another candidate." That's it. This was my second unprofessional experience with MTV in the past 3 years.

Anyway, the process moved relatively quickly. Applied on a Monday, heard back on a Tuesday and interviewed (in person) on a Thursday. The interview was easy.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were related to my job experience.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MTV Networks.

Saw the position online and applied through MTV's careers website. After a few weeks, I was contacted for an interview. Seemed to go well, but I never heard from anyone even after following up. They seem to post new openings for similar positions often.

Interview Questions
    • Always difficult answering why you want to leave your current job. Seems like it shouldn't matter why as often it's because of something that should be kept private.   Answer Question

Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MTV Networks.

There was two rounda - a phone and two in person interviews-- First with the a VP, then the producer directly under her. Both women were sweet. We hit it off, but when it came time to hearing back they never even sent out a "Thanks but we've filled the position e-mail."

Interview Questions
    • Which do you prefer more - editorial writing or production?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at MTV Networks.

Initial interview was unorganized and they were behind so it began late.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about their own marketing activity, so be educated in their efforts.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MTV Networks.

Was initially contacted via recruiter, then followed up via phone and email with the hiring managers. Brought in for first interview, standard initial interview for a large company. Second interview was with the department manager, was pretty open and friendly, in the MTV offices. Was offered this role, whole process was approx. 3 weeks although, ended up taking a different position.

Interview Questions
    • No major difficult or unexpected questions however, it does help to be well versed in MTV's shows and content.   Answer Question

I was offered more money in a similar position at another company.

Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at MTV Networks in August 2013.

Met a recruiter at job fair, gave her my resume, received an invitation to interview two days later via email. Interviewed the next week with two people and heard back the following day.

Interview Questions
    • What are your sources for learning about trends in popular culture (blogs, websites, etc.)?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just discussion of availability.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MTV Networks in August 2013.

There was supposed to be an interview with 3 people, but 2 didn't make it, so there was just one woman interviewing me. Very friendly and nice. Questions were behavioral, standard list of questions, no surprises. She asked me if I can start tomorrow... I was still employed back then, and said that I need at least a week to make a notice. She said they will make a decision that same day.

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute to MTV Networks?
      What was the most recent thing that made you proud at work?

Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at MTV Networks in May 2013.

The hiring process at MTV/Viacom can be long and arduous. I was offered a position in May and didn't hear back for six months. I interviewed in the meantime but didn't receive any other offers so I ended up taking the offer from MTV after they finally got approval for the position.

Interview Questions
    This company is notorious for low-balling it's employees. Do your research and ask for what you are worth.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MTV Networks.

Received an email for an interview, scheduled it for later that week. Interview went wonderfully, really connected with who I would be replacing and working under. The next day I received a call from the hiring manager who wanted to schedule a meeting with me. We did so for the next week - interview with her was a little more stiff. Company then took a month to get back to me only after weeks worth of contact and checking in, this felt very rude to me.

Freelance Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MTV Networks.

I applied through the online job application and was emailed to come in for an interview. As this was a lower level freelance position, I only interviewed with my immediate manager and team boss. I received an e-mail the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • "You will be given a lot of work and will often be asked to change things that you have already done. How do you feel about that?"   Answer Question
    During my interview, I was asked what I was hoping for in terms of compensation and I provided a range. I was given the lower end of my range, though most likely due to lack of experience.