MTV Networks

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MTV Networks in March 2010.

The process was pretty straightforward. I sent in my resume online and then I heard from their HR person. She seemed really busy and the communication with her was a little spotty. It sounded like she provided a bunch of resumes to the person that was hiring and mine happened to be on the top of the pile and I got called first. We hit it off and she said she was going to interview a few more people but I don't know if she did. I got the offer a couple days later.

Interview Questions
  • She asked about my specific experience with statistical analysis and I had to recall exactly what kind of such analysis I'd done in the past. I wasn't prepared for that particular question but I think I answered it OK.   Answer Question
I was given an offer and I needed the job plus it didn't sound like there was much room for negotiation so I just accepted it. It was basically an entry level job so the number is probably more or less fixed or on a tight range.

Other Interview Reviews for MTV Networks

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MTV Networks in February 2010.

-Submitted application on MTV Networks Careers site, pretty straightforward
    -Received phone call from HR a few weeks later to schedule interview
    -Interview schedule for a month down the road
    -Two 30 min interview, one with HR, one with VP
    -Received offer a few weeks later by phone
    -Meet with supervisor/department

Interview Questions
    • How will you fit into the MTV culture? What is your experience with media?   View Answer