MTV Networks Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks.

I had one set of interviews. I spoke with some good people, at more junior and more senior levels. Most everybody knew what they were doing and were competent in their jobs. The environment seemed good, as there was plenty of working space, not too crowded, but room to grow.

The interviews were not overly technical (mixed technical/mgmt position), but there were strategic questions and lots of scenario questions. Overall I came out of it with a good impression of the company and excited about the opportunities for growth of our group (which proved much more difficult when viewed internally than from the outside).

Interview Questions
    • How would you change the product to monetize better? (the product hadn't been released yet)   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a better compensation, but not to a large degree. I reviewed the contract (or my lawyer did) and it was very standard, no funny business. I had better offers, but the opportunities and work environment seemed better, so after they offered a better salary (which I said was my minimum), I accepted then.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MTV Networks in March 2011.

Was contacted by HR manager after submitting my resume through the website. Interviewed with 3 different contacts. Followed up twice and after 2 weeks, was told that they had given redefined the position and my background was no longer relevant.

Interview Questions

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!