MTV Networks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MTV Networks in January 2014.

Interview Details – Helpful, interested and genuinely attempting to put me in a position where I would excel. However, an employee within the company had to get my resume to HR - they did not make an independent decision that I was right for the job - rather the executives did once they interviewed me.

Interview Question – Why MTV   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for my salary and start date

PR Intern Interview

PR Intern
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MTV Networks in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited to the office to interview for the position. Two interviewees looked at my resume and portfolio. It was a quick interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about why you like to watch certain MTV shows?   Answer Question

Publicist Interview

Publicist
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at MTV Networks in November 2013.

Interview Details – HR contacted me by phone. The phone interview was brief and was meant only to setup an in person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager wasn't unfriendly (per se) but she & her subordinate both seemed pretentious. I got the impression that their mind was already made up before I even walked into the room.

Interview Question – How do you think working in TV differs from working in other areas of entertainment?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks in May 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was normal for entertainment: called in, walked into reception, then called to the hiring manager's office. Best to really know the culture here, as if you dress corporate-y (suit, slacks, tie) it may not work unless you're applying for a lawyer job. Many people dressed very trendy, cool. Flip-flops were normal. My hiring manager interviewed me while wearing a sundress and barefoot (it was late springtime). Casual-cool enviro, with hip, in-the-know undertones.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "Do you have any questions for me?" You always have to have at least one question, so I had to create something.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Client Services Representative
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at MTV Networks.

Interview Details – Was given an in-person interview after having a former employer recommend me for the position. The interview took place at the Santa Monica office and lasted a little under an hour. I met with 3 members of the ad team: one account executive and two sales service executives. The questions were very straightforward: what experience do you have, why would you like to work for us and not someone else, where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Question – What were you for Halloween and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MTV Networks in May 2011.

Interview Details – Was made aware of the job by a professor who was made aware of an intern position by an alumni of my university. Interviewed for an intern position in the series production department. Interviewed with two of the assistants to the production executives in a phone interview. Following my interview, I received a call offering me the position 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What are some of your favorite MTV shows?   View Answer

Ad Sales Intern Interview

Ad Sales Intern
Santa Monica, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MTV Networks in September 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my application, received a file via email from HR to fill out about a week later, then about a week later the interview process started. I received a phone interview from an HR intern, and a few days after that, a phone call from my department supervisor about coming in for an interview. The interview was held in a conference room with a panel of employees but was not intimidating; everyone is very friendly and helpful. Be confident, give a firm handshake, and be professional yet friendly and relatable- MTV is not stuffy! Dress stylishly, business casual.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at MTV?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MTV Networks interview questions and advice in Santa Monica, CA. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by MTV Networks employees and interview candidates.