MTV Networks Interview Questions in Santa Monica, CA

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MTV Networks in January 2014.

Helpful, interested and genuinely attempting to put me in a position where I would excel. However, an employee within the company had to get my resume to HR - they did not make an independent decision that I was right for the job - rather the executives did once they interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated for my salary and start date

Publicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MTV Networks in November 2013.

HR contacted me by phone. The phone interview was brief and was meant only to setup an in person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager wasn't unfriendly (per se) but she & her subordinate both seemed pretentious. I got the impression that their mind was already made up before I even walked into the room.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think working in TV differs from working in other areas of entertainment?   Answer Question

PR Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MTV Networks in August 2013.

I was invited to the office to interview for the position. Two interviewees looked at my resume and portfolio. It was a quick interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about why you like to watch certain MTV shows?   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at MTV Networks.

Was given an in-person interview after having a former employer recommend me for the position. The interview took place at the Santa Monica office and lasted a little under an hour. I met with 3 members of the ad team: one account executive and two sales service executives. The questions were very straightforward: what experience do you have, why would you like to work for us and not someone else, where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Ad Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MTV Networks in September 2011.

I submitted my application, received a file via email from HR to fill out about a week later, then about a week later the interview process started. I received a phone interview from an HR intern, and a few days after that, a phone call from my department supervisor about coming in for an interview. The interview was held in a conference room with a panel of employees but was not intimidating; everyone is very friendly and helpful. Be confident, give a firm handshake, and be professional yet friendly and relatable- MTV is not stuffy! Dress stylishly, business casual.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MTV Networks in May 2011.

Was made aware of the job by a professor who was made aware of an intern position by an alumni of my university. Interviewed for an intern position in the series production department. Interviewed with two of the assistants to the production executives in a phone interview. Following my interview, I received a call offering me the position 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your favorite MTV shows?   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MTV Networks in May 2009.

Hiring process was normal for entertainment: called in, walked into reception, then called to the hiring manager's office. Best to really know the culture here, as if you dress corporate-y (suit, slacks, tie) it may not work unless you're applying for a lawyer job. Many people dressed very trendy, cool. Flip-flops were normal. My hiring manager interviewed me while wearing a sundress and barefoot (it was late springtime). Casual-cool enviro, with hip, in-the-know undertones.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "Do you have any questions for me?" You always have to have at least one question, so I had to create something.   Answer Question