MWH Global Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014
Updated Aug 8, 2014

3.1

Civil Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MWH Global.

I submitted my resume to MWH through the career fair held by my University. A couple weeks later, I got a phone call from the hiring manager telling me that he wanted me to come in for an interview. An email soon followed confirming the details of the interview. The interview itself consisted of me meeting with individuals around the office and hearing about different projects. Nothing too technical. I got an offer about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing all that technical. They asked me about coursework and what I wanted to get out of the internship.   View Answers (2)
    No Negotiation, this was an internship

Senior Engineer Interview

2 interviews

Water/Wastewater Process Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MWH Global.

The interview process was quite straight-forward. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. She was friendly and I felt comfortable giving the interview. She asked a few questions about my resume, what my future goals were and what I expected to obtain from the internship.

In a few days time an offer was made. I was excited and accepted it immediately. The hiring process was quick and within two weeks I joined. I really enjoyed working here. It was a great learning curve.

Interview Questions
    • Not many difficult questions. If you know your resume well and can communicate equally well, you will do fine.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online – interviewed at MWH Global in August 2012.

pretty structured and planned, went smoothly except having a third interview as pretty redundant, could've asked the few questions at the second interview or even over the phone

Interview Questions
    pretty easy, they were open to negotiation but I accepted the offer felt it was fair compensation for my level of skills and experience

Associate Water Resource Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MWH Global in March 2012.

The initial interview process consisted of a phone interview with typical interview questions - why are you interested in MWH, what experience do you have to offer, why are you interested in water resources, - and some time to ask some questions about the firm and the work environment. The interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes. This was followed by a writing sample request and a 2nd, in-person interview that lasted 7 hours (1 full day). I went to lunch with current employees and met people with all ranges of experience, degrees, and ages. Many of the employees had Master's (or higher) degrees and seemed quite intelligent. The physical office was mainly cubicles, surrounded by conference rooms and offices. All employees were very nice, but overall, I did not click with the position and environment (not as much energy in the office as I like).

Interview Questions
    • What interests you about water resources engineering (modeling) and why do you think you would be a good fit?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself. (many, many times - almost every interviewer starts with this)   Answer Question

Project Engineer (Civil Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MWH Global in December 2010.

The hiring and interview process was traditional, but progressed rapidly despite the company being a large corporation and headquartered out of Broomfiled, CO. My interview was conducted in the Dallas, TX office.

I was able to negotiate my salary.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MWH Global in December 2010.

Interview process takes a long time. It took over two months to get a call back to be interviewed. The HR Department is a bit slow. Will use an email based interview to trim the candidate pool down. If called in for an interview, there will (usually) be two managers doing the initial interview, then the team you would be working with will come in and conduct a group interview.

Not much room for negotiation as the salary range is set. I even received an email from HR saying negotiation isn't an option. I feel this should be seen as a red flag, especially with any future salary increments.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MWH Global in August 2010.

After phone int, I was asked to come for the interview with the hiring manager in two days. It was scheduled. They cancelled at last minute, asked me to follow up the next week. I did - twice. Never got a call back; no email, nothing. Very unprofessional.

Associate Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MWH Global in August 2010.

Excellent initial communication, flew me to the job locale and treated me with a great deal of attention and respect. The actual interview itself was fine, but the head of the office at that time was rather unnecessarily intense, which was a bit off-putting. Regardless, I knew what kind of person he was afterward, so it was good in that respect.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, don't remember one specific one. It was a fairly standard interview from what I recall   Answer Question
    It was a good offer, so no negotiation needed.

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MWH Global in October 2009.

Company needed to hire three accountants in short order. Interview was a one day event with me and 8 current managers/employees sitting around a conference room table for about an hour and a half. Interview seemed hurriedly put together and not well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. "What would you do in this situation..."   Answer Question
    Offer was made during the interview, in front of eight people, and I was asked if this would meet my needs. As I had been out of work for a few months, and it wasn't a cut in pay from my last job, I accepted.