MWR Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.7

Recreation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MWR (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application online on June. I got a call on July for an interview at Naf Office. It was a panel interview of 4 personnel. They have a lot of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• situational questions based on the position you applied for.. "How do you" questions..   Answer Question

Business Manager- Officers Club Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MWR.

Interview

One phone interview (2 people) and then a background and reference check. After the background and reference check I received an offer and started within 30 days. The process was vey quick after they check my references. In checking the references the questions had nothing to do with specific work; they were mostly about eligible for rehire, allegiance to the country etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked me specific about financial information about food & beverage etc. Bottom line percent, food costs, labor percent etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. The salary was listed and it was not negotiable.

Recreation Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MWR (Groton, CT) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview process was quick in the beginning and then took two to three weeks to get government clearance which is not a guarantee and does affect the offer. The initial interview is a phone interview with the human resources followed by a one on one interview with the director of MWR which was very pleasurable and straight to the nitty gritty of experience and background.