MaPS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.7

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MaPS.

Campus recruitment, very straightforward questions. The interview only took about 20 minutes, and it was very conversational - about how you chose your college, etc. They definitely want to make sure you have some background in statistics or data analysis - just a class project is acceptable

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MaPS.

I applied online through my campus recruiting. The first round involved a in-person, on-campus 30 minute interview that was just going over my resume and answering questions about a time that I had failed, how I worked in groups, strengths and weaknesses. The second round interview was a 3.5 hour interview that was 3 half-hour interviews with upper-level managers, an hour case study, and then a short shadowing.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a paper or project that you had to do that involved data analysis?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MaPS.

It was fairly standard. The entire thing took about a month from application to offer. About a week after I applied, I was scheduled for an informal 30-45 minute phone interview with an Associate discussing some basics (e.g., running over my resume/CV, my interest in marketing research, in MaPS specifically, etc.).

The next day, we scheduled an in-person interview for one of their offices. Essentially, this consisted of three 30-minute interviews. These were pretty informal--in my opinion, at least--and a lot of the content seemed to overlap. Prepare to talk about what type of work experience you have, your specific background using data to answer research questions, and why you want to work for MaPS (vs. other marketing research companies--e.g., ZS, Forrester, etc.). This is followed up with a case presentation. You're given a dataset and some exhibits to work off of. Your task is to present your recommendations to your interviewer about what the client should do. You will be grilled a bit, but it's not bad. It's definitely a lot worse at some of the bigger management consulting firms. Lastly, you get to shadow someone in the role you're interviewing for. The consultant I met was friendly, personable, and genuinely a great guy. He was real about the hours (like any consulting firm, 50+ is average and 60-70 isn't uncommon when project deadlines are approaching). The atmosphere isn't anywhere as scary as some of the reviews here have made it seem. It was relatively quiet, but the employees seemed to like each other and had some time to socialize during my visit. Junior colleagues (Analysts, Consultants) typically work with collecting and analyzing data along with preparing reports and decks for clients (not much travel and little client-facing, which were both positives in my book).

I was given an offer a week or so later by phone from a partner.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I applied online – interviewed at MaPS.

It was an okay process to start but then company culture became apparent during my office visit and I had little interest (which may have showed). Everyone seemed friendly but the pay rate considering the hours worked seemed a bit crazy. Definitely a lot to learn and a large opportunity to work with some great clients but not sure if it is worth sacrificing your personal life.

I didn't get an offer and I was almost relived - I knew it would not be a fit.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Straightforward process. First a 30 minute phone interview discussing your interest in the company and your analysis experience. Then, a 3 hour interview in Waltham, meeting with multiple employees 1:1, working on a case presentation, then shadowing an analyst.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project you've worked on that involves data analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MaPS in September 2013.

Invited for the final round interview. Met several people at office, did a small case study. I think the interview went very well but I wasn't offered the position

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MaPS.

It was a two round process. I did a phone interview, in which they screened me to make sure I met their requirements. Next, I went in and did multiple interviews on a one-on-one basis as well as a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a marketing campaign that has impressed you.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I applied online – interviewed at MaPS.

Submitted a resume via their website and was contacted weeks later for an interview. 3 half hour long interviews and a presentational case study. Seems like they don interview a ton of people.

Interview Questions
    • Name a company that you think does a really good job setting its own brand apart. Why?   View Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MaPS.

I applied through campus recruiting. After the first interview round, the final round interview day consisted of three behavioral interviews and one case study interview. The people who interviewed for the most part were very friendly. Every single person mentioned that you would have to work 60 hours a week. The work seemed cool from the description, but given their base salary, no overtime pay, and number of hours you'd be required to work, I had no interest in the job anymore. Their hourly wage is a joke to all of the intelligent top-tier college graduates that they are trying to attract.

Interview Questions

The salary offered for the number of hours a week that they expect is such an insult to any entry-level college grad.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MaPS.

I gave my resume to MaPS at a career fair, and they emailed me a few days later to set up a phone screening. After that, I was emailed again two days later to set up an in-office interview. In the interview, I met with multiple employees at various levels of the firm, and did a case-study type portion.