MaPS

Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.5

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MaPS.

I applied online through my campus recruiting. The first round involved a in-person, on-campus 30 minute interview that was just going over my resume and answering questions about a time that I had failed, how I worked in groups, strengths and weaknesses. The second round interview was a 3.5 hour interview that was 3 half-hour interviews with upper-level managers, an hour case study, and then a short shadowing.

Interview Questions
  • Was there a paper or project that you had to do that involved data analysis?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MaPS

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MaPS.

It was a two round process. I did a phone interview, in which they screened me to make sure I met their requirements. Next, I went in and did multiple interviews on a one-on-one basis as well as a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a marketing campaign that has impressed you.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MaPS.

I gave my resume to MaPS at a career fair, and they emailed me a few days later to set up a phone screening. After that, I was emailed again two days later to set up an in-office interview. In the interview, I met with multiple employees at various levels of the firm, and did a case-study type portion.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MaPS.

Applied online. Received an e-mail to set up an initial interview a few weeks later. First interview was basic questions with a research analyst in the Boston office. Followed up with a second round of interviews in their Chicago office, which consisted of 1 in person interview and 2 phone interviews, followed by a case study analysis and shadowing a research analyst for 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MaPS in October 2012.

Spoke with an Associate at the career fair.
    One phone interview with an Associate. Called for on-site interviews in 3 days.
    On-site: Talked with 3 people (Associate, Principal, VP). One case study. 15 minutes to shadow an Analyst/Consultant.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MaPS in September 2012.

The process itself is:
    1) Phone screen
    2) Phone interview
    3) In person office visit
    4) offer

Passing each phase is based on the experience of each person you speak with, and even after you have finished your formal interview process the opinions of people who you have only momentarily or informally spoken with will be weighed.

Each interview itself is easy though, they ask you basic questions. Behavioral questions like: what is your process for finishing tasks, how do you approach a problem, how have you handled problems in the past, etc. While they do care that you have substantive answers, they care more about whether you can speak and hold an intelligent and professional conversation.

Interview Questions
    • During your office visit you will sit down with a number of people and, inevitably, you will be given a test of your analytic skills. They give you an excel of data to analyze, they give you a computer with PowerPoint and excel and word: whatever you could possibly need to complete the question. there are specific thing's they are looking for in this test and if you have the ability to understand the data you will be able to point them out. This test represents the bulk of their judgement, but keep in mind: if you don't do well on the interview's you will likely not get the job even if you ace the test.   View Answer
    No Negotiation, the pay is fixed at all levels

Research Analyst Interview

interviewed at MaPS in March 2012.

Submitted resume through linkedin, got a call later for a phone interview, which was pretty straight-forward, how do you deal with problems, good team player etc.

Was asked to come to the office for final round interview, which was talking to 3 people for 30 min each and then a one hour case study with a couple excel spreadsheets and a powerpoint. Not too hard. Had another 15-20 minutes to talk to another research analyst, which was less than enlightening.

Interview Questions

it seemed too quiet in there, I think I'm too social to work by myself for that long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MaPS in May 2011.

Basic phone interview in which they ask about your qualifications and answer questions about the company.

Long hours / Pay ratio

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MaPS in May 2010.

Step 1: Phone Screen (30 min background/skills/interests Q&A)

Step 2: 3 1:1 interviews lasting ~30 min ea (Director, Associate, VP)

Step 3: Case Study lasting 1 hour (30 min to analyze and pull together key slides and 30 min to discuss findings and recos)

Step 4: Shadow (30 min with someone in the position you're applying for)

Step 5: Offer (over the phone, usually 1 week after the interview process)

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard and industry/position specific. Expect no surprises.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Starting salary is same for all analysts applying out of college with Bachelor's degree. Pretty solid salary, plus bonus, plus insurance coverage, plus 401K plan. Offer is 45K.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MaPS in May 2009.

1 Phone Interview
    3 1:1 Interviews, 1 of which is with a founder of the company
    1 Analytical Thinking Exercise

Interview Questions
    • I see you are more geared towards finance, why market research rather than finance?   Answer Question