Macadamian Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macadamian

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macadamian (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

I made a cold approach and asked for an interview. They were kind enough to invite me in and gave me a tour of what were then their current offices and their soon-to-be new offices. It turned out that they didn't actually have any position openings at the time, but they still wanted to reach out to a new grad and give her some pointers on how to get a leg up in our business. The advice I received in the interview and the reception I received from approaching them was such a huge boot to my confidence. They are wonderful people, and while I didn't end up working for them I certainly hope I cross paths with the good people from Macadamian in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you imagine your work day looking like (paraphrased)?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

- hard interview, 4 steps, good structure, technically oriented

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Sent my resume. Got an phone interview. Got an interview at the company.

Interview Questions

• Lots of question about the personality. That was great!   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macadamian (Gatineau, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview began with some very high level questions about software development, and gradually went into specifics about the programming language being used on the project (Java). Nothing too complex, probably intermediate level stuff, at most. Half the time was spent working on a whiteboard problem. There was no actual coding, but rather, it seemed to be a test of how you thought things through. The requirements were changed many times as you went along, presumably to simulate a real-world projects ever-changing specs. There was some laid-back discussion, as well, about all kinds of topics. Not a stressful interview, thankfully. You didn't feel as if you were jumping through hoops, as happens with some technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any big surprises amongst the questions. The interviewer wasn't trying to pull one over on you, in an attempt to make themselves look smarter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial offer was lower than I wanted. I asked for more, and got it. Your mileage may very.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macadamian (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was fairly relaxed and informal, and I appreciated that; however, like most interviews, I didn't feel like the questions asked really explored my potential for being a good tester.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yerevan (Armenia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macadamian (Yerevan (Armenia)) in September 2010.

Interview

1) I was selected as a reference candidate (someone from current employees recommended) 2) HR called and setup an interview 3) First there was a screening interview in English (it is not our native language) 4) There was a 2 technical face to face interviews with different persons 5) Written test sent me by email including 3 different type of tasks 6) Final interview was conducted by CEO in a week later, when I was selected as the best among the candidates

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected, there were some problem solving questions, also some puzzles   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was really short, I was aware what to expect and I got it without negotiation.