Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- hard interview, 4 steps, good structure, technically oriented
Sent my resume.
Got an phone interview.
Got an interview at the company.
- Lots of question about the personality. That was great! Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day – interviewed at Macadamian (Gatineau, QC (Canada)).
The interview began with some very high level questions about software development, and gradually went into specifics about the programming language being used on the project (Java). Nothing too complex, probably intermediate level stuff, at most.
Half the time was spent working on a whiteboard problem. There was no actual coding, but rather, it seemed to be a test of how you thought things through. The requirements were changed many times as you went along, presumably to simulate a real-world projects ever-changing specs.
There was some laid-back discussion, as well, about all kinds of topics. Not a stressful interview, thankfully. You didn't feel as if you were jumping through hoops, as happens with some technical interviews.
- I don't recall any big surprises amongst the questions. The interviewer wasn't trying to pull one over on you, in an attempt to make themselves look smarter. Answer Question
The initial offer was lower than I wanted. I asked for more, and got it. Your mileage may very.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Macadamian (Yerevan (Armenia)) in September 2010.
1) I was selected as a reference candidate (someone from current employees recommended)
2) HR called and setup an interview
3) First there was a screening interview in English (it is not our native language)
4) There was a 2 technical face to face interviews with different persons
5) Written test sent me by email including 3 different type of tasks
6) Final interview was conducted by CEO in a week later, when I was selected as the best among the candidates
- Nothing really unexpected, there were some problem solving questions, also some puzzles Answer Question
The negotiation phase was really short, I was aware what to expect and I got it without negotiation.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review