Macalester College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macalester College in March 2014.

Interview Details – I give them credit for being quick and polite about the whole interview process. I received an email for a phone screening, and then 4 business days later an email to come in for an interview in just a couple of days after that, and then 5 days later got an email that I didn't get the job. Interview questions were pretty standard. Conversations each time lasted 30-45 minutes.

Interview Question – What was an example of using innovation when faced with a problem?   Answer Question

Summer Research In the CS Project Interview

Summer Research In the CS Project
Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macalester College.

Interview Details – I actually just befriended a professor and he asked me about it. He seemed very thrilled with my proactive reaching out for a job. We had a few conversations and he decided to add me to the research even if I hadn't know to apply in the first place.

Interview Question – Asking about how I worked in a group.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

ITS Help Desk Interview

ITS Help Desk

Interviewed at Macalester College

Interview Details – Submitted app, got job. Work Study

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Technology Support Assistant Interview

Technology Support Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macalester College in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the job over the college's student employment website. A day or so later, I was contacted over email to set-up an interview time. The interview was not quite an interview. If I recall correctly, I was not asked about my qualifications or past experience. Instead, we talked about work expectation, procedures, my availability and set up my work schedule.

Interview Question – No interview questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Given job immediately.

Worked for Macalester College? Contribute to the Community!