Machine Zone

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.5

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Machine Zone.

First HR interviewed me and asked some general questions. Then the technical interview came. The questions includes several machine learning algorithms. The after several days, they gave me a coding test and asked me to finish it within 2 hours. However, it took me 8 hours to get it done.

Software Engineer Interview

They give me a feedback very quickly after I submit the online application. The interview is quite normal basic question on java and algorithm. Just make sure you are prepared for very basic knowledge. A

Mobile QA Tester Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Machine Zone in June 2014.

I applied to this position because the job description stated that it was full-time with benefits. But on the phone interview, the recruiter told me that the position was contract. The interviewer told me that it was a contract position because that was the industry standard. Google didn't become the great company they are today because they only did things that were industry standard. Advice to hiring manager, please don't lie, it only makes your company look weak.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter only asked me if I knew JIRA, which was clearly stated on my resume.   Answer Question

Game Economist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Machine Zone.

The interview process was pleasant with frequent communications. Although I did not receive an offer, I learned a lot about the company and role. The recruiter was great to deal with and the whole interviewing experience was one of the greatest I've had.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to discuss improvements for Machine Zone's games.   Answer Question

Backend Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Machine Zone in March 2014.

From the onset, I let them know that I had another offer pending, but it wasn't a problem because the interview process with Machine Zone moved very quickly. A recruiter contacted me to arrange an initial phone screen, then had me complete a coding exercise which took about 2-3 hours. It was reviewed the next morning and we scheduled a 5 hour Skype interview with the entire team (since I'm not in the area.)

For the Skype interview, I spoke with with five people, one at a time. Questions focused on algorithms and databases. Final interview was with the hiring manager. The recruiter let me know that initial feedback was positive, and I had a verbal offer two days later which I accepted. Offer was very competitive and included options and relocation.

Very impressed - the recruiter kept me informed every step of the way, they moved quickly, and made a competitive offer.

Interview Questions
    • I don't want to list the specific questions here, but they dealt with algorithms, data structures, SQL, and query efficiency.   View Answers (3)
    Possibly could've negotiated, but it was a great offer and I wanted to get started ASAP.

Economy Designer Interview

Initial recruiter was polite but it became clear she herself didn't fully understand the position she was trying to fill. Then she spent most of her time talking the company up, felt more like a pitch than a conversation. This companies biggest accomplishment isn't their yet another kingdom builder game; but rather the unique translation tool they created for the game. I hope they got some patents for it, if not....

Interview Questions
    • Just had to describe the process of what balancing an economy entails, to a person who didn't understand it.   Answer Question