Macmillan Cancer Support

Macmillan Cancer Support Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macmillan Cancer Support

Fund Raising Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macmillan Cancer Support in December 2012.

I applied via their website and was telephoned by an HR Assistant. She asked me to attend an experience day which started at 09:30 and lasted until around 15:00 in the afternoon. We were served tea and coffee and then given a presentation about the company. We were then asked to perform a number of tasks in groups with employees from Macmillan sitting with each group assessing our performance.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions, just a number of tasks set as teamwork exercises. There was a total of three tasks set. The first was trying to find something in common between individual team members, the second I have forgotten, and the third was to work as a team to prepare a presentation for a donor organisation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Macmillan Cancer Support in February 2011.

I was referred by other employee,
    nice and pleasant interview with man question "Why would you like to Volunteer for Macmillan"

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Macmillan Cancer Support in October 2011.

Received an email informing me to attend an interview in the morning at 9:30 am. On the day, when I got to the reception, I was made to wait for over an hour with no information. Around 10:40 I was told that I couldn't be interviewed because someone messed up my interview time and that I was meant to be there at 13:30 in the afternoon. Out of professional courtesy I attended the afternoon interview. About 10 minutes into the interview I was asked why I was selected for an interview in the first place as I was not the person they were looking for because I was apparently too qualified for the role.
    There were two people interviewing

Interview Questions

This was by far the most unprofessional interview experience I have had to endure

Worked for Macmillan Cancer Support? Contribute to the Community!