Macmillan Cancer Support

Macmillan Cancer Support Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macmillan Cancer Support

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macmillan Cancer Support.

Interview

Good cop/ bad cop situation.
    general questions about macmillan or previous situation, check if you are compatible to the company and its values.
    Technical interview on paper twelve specific questions about IT to evaluate your level

Interview Questions

• did you inspire someone in your life? if yes who and how.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macmillan Cancer Support in December 2012.

Interview

I applied via their website and was telephoned by an HR Assistant. She asked me to attend an experience day which started at 09:30 and lasted until around 15:00 in the afternoon. We were served tea and coffee and then given a presentation about the company. We were then asked to perform a number of tasks in groups with employees from Macmillan sitting with each group assessing our performance.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions, just a number of tasks set as teamwork exercises. There was a total of three tasks set. The first was trying to find something in common between individual team members, the second I have forgotten, and the third was to work as a team to prepare a presentation for a donor organisation.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macmillan Cancer Support (City of London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

Received an email informing me to attend an interview in the morning at 9:30 am. On the day, when I got to the reception, I was made to wait for over an hour with no information. Around 10:40 I was told that I couldn't be interviewed because someone messed up my interview time and that I was meant to be there at 13:30 in the afternoon. Out of professional courtesy I attended the afternoon interview. About 10 minutes into the interview I was asked why I was selected for an interview in the first place as I was not the person they were looking for because I was apparently too qualified for the role.
    There were two people interviewing

Interview Questions

This was by far the most unprofessional interview experience I have had to endure