Macmillan Cancer Support

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Fund Raising Manager Interview

Fund Raising Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macmillan Cancer Support in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied via their website and was telephoned by an HR Assistant. She asked me to attend an experience day which started at 09:30 and lasted until around 15:00 in the afternoon. We were served tea and coffee and then given a presentation about the company. We were then asked to perform a number of tasks in groups with employees from Macmillan sitting with each group assessing our performance.

Interview Question – There were no questions, just a number of tasks set as teamwork exercises. There was a total of three tasks set. The first was trying to find something in common between individual team members, the second I have forgotten, and the third was to work as a team to prepare a presentation for a donor organisation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Macmillan Cancer Support in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by other employee,
nice and pleasant interview with man question "Why would you like to Volunteer for Macmillan"

Negotiation Details – no

Finance Interview

Finance
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macmillan Cancer Support in October 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email informing me to attend an interview in the morning at 9:30 am. On the day, when I got to the reception, I was made to wait for over an hour with no information. Around 10:40 I was told that I couldn't be interviewed because someone messed up my interview time and that I was meant to be there at 13:30 in the afternoon. Out of professional courtesy I attended the afternoon interview. About 10 minutes into the interview I was asked why I was selected for an interview in the first place as I was not the person they were looking for because I was apparently too qualified for the role.
There were two people interviewing

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – This was by far the most unprofessional interview experience I have had to endure

Worked for Macmillan Cancer Support? Contribute to the Community!