Macquarie Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard analyst contract

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Did campus recruiting. Two rounds. Fairly low-pressure. Asked a couple of brain-teasers and some fit questions. Didn't ask many technicals. First interview was with two analysts, then the super day had an interview with a VP and an MD, then another one with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What group I wanted to be in.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, Psychometric Test, Several face to face interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

some

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in August 2007.

Interview

2 phone call + 2 on-site +1 simple computer test, quite easy compared with other banks, just some behavioral and motivation questions Quality of staffs and company culture are mediocre, but try to convince them that Macquarie will be your dedicated choice if hired

Interview Questions

• Why Macquarie rather than other banks   1 Answer
    • How to model PIK   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a graduate job with a standard package, so they give me the offer one week after interview without much negotiation

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

1 standard telephone interview, followed by testing at the bank. The 2nd round interview was more technical, difficult but fair. The 3rd and final interview was tough, but again, very fair considering the job.

Interview Questions

• Standard option pricing and hedging questions, followed by a discussion regarding the greeks.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

The first round interview consisted of a phone call with an HR rep. second round was a pysch test consisting on numerical, verbal and inductive reasoning. These sections were all timed, the last section was based on personality - no time limit here.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Through college center. Typical analyst questions. One example of "how to value a company".

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2011.

Interview

You first get a call from their HR. She was very nice and asked behavior questions, like"decribing one of your most recent successful teamwork", and "What is your career goal", "Why macquarie ?". Then asked two analytical questions, first was how to compute the speed of new york subway train. Then second was the sqrt of 1000. Both of them were very easy.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2010.

Interview

First started off with a campus recruiting interview which invited me to a test that involved parts that resembled that SAT and also a personality test. Then I was invited to final rounds at their office in New York, which consisted of two behavioral interviews by two interviewers each, and finally a discussion interview on a packet that we had to read for an hour once we got on to the site.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2010.

Interview

Pleasant. They didn't ask many questions. Mostly behavioural.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the job?   1 Answer