Macquarie Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question
Standard analyst contract

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Two phone interviews, Psychometric Test, Several face to face interviews

some

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in August 2007.

2 phone call + 2 on-site +1 simple computer test, quite easy compared with other banks, just some behavioral and motivation questions

Quality of staffs and company culture are mediocre, but try to convince them that Macquarie will be your dedicated choice if hired

Interview Questions
    This is a graduate job with a standard package, so they give me the offer one week after interview without much negotiation

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

The first round interview consisted of a phone call with an HR rep. second round was a pysch test consisting on numerical, verbal and inductive reasoning. These sections were all timed, the last section was based on personality - no time limit here.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Through college center. Typical analyst questions. One example of "how to value a company".

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2011.

You first get a call from their HR. She was very nice and asked behavior questions, like"decribing one of your most recent successful teamwork", and "What is your career goal", "Why macquarie ?". Then asked two analytical questions, first was how to compute the speed of new york subway train. Then second was the sqrt of 1000. Both of them were very easy.

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2010.

First started off with a campus recruiting interview which invited me to a test that involved parts that resembled that SAT and also a personality test.

Then I was invited to final rounds at their office in New York, which consisted of two behavioral interviews by two interviewers each, and finally a discussion interview on a packet that we had to read for an hour once we got on to the site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in July 2010.

Pleasant. They didn't ask many questions. Mostly behavioural.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2010.

do the home work before going for an interview. They really emphasize behavioural questions and competency questions.

Interview Questions
    • tell a time when you exceeded customer service and what steps did u take to achieve it   View Answer
    • why investment bank ? and why did u choose this path?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2009.

Two stage interview process, begun with a 1:1 interview with HR and then an IQ/personality test, a second interview was then offered on the basis of these two measures that consisted of meeting the directors and other upper management.