Macquarie Group

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard analyst contract

Interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, Psychometric Test, Several face to face interviews

Interview Question – How would you hedge credit risk?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – some

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in August 2007.

Interview Details – 2 phone call + 2 on-site +1 simple computer test, quite easy compared with other banks, just some behavioral and motivation questions

Quality of staffs and company culture are mediocre, but try to convince them that Macquarie will be your dedicated choice if hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – This is a graduate job with a standard package, so they give me the offer one week after interview without much negotiation

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – The first round interview consisted of a phone call with an HR rep. second round was a pysch test consisting on numerical, verbal and inductive reasoning. These sections were all timed, the last section was based on personality - no time limit here.

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – Through college center. Typical analyst questions. One example of "how to value a company".

Interview Question – How would you value a coffee shop?   Answer Question

Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – Pleasant. They didn't ask many questions. Mostly behavioural.

Interview Question – What do I know about the job?   View Answer

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – You first get a call from their HR. She was very nice and asked behavior questions, like"decribing one of your most recent successful teamwork", and "What is your career goal", "Why macquarie ?". Then asked two analytical questions, first was how to compute the speed of new york subway train. Then second was the sqrt of 1000. Both of them were very easy.

Interview Question – sqrt of 1000   View Answers (2)

Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – First started off with a campus recruiting interview which invited me to a test that involved parts that resembled that SAT and also a personality test.

Then I was invited to final rounds at their office in New York, which consisted of two behavioral interviews by two interviewers each, and finally a discussion interview on a packet that we had to read for an hour once we got on to the site.

Auckland (New Zealand)

The process took a day - interviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – Two stage interview process, begun with a 1:1 interview with HR and then an IQ/personality test, a second interview was then offered on the basis of these two measures that consisted of meeting the directors and other upper management.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that isn't positive   Answer Question

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – do the home work before going for an interview. They really emphasize behavioural questions and competency questions.

Interview Questions

• tell a time when you exceeded customer service and what steps did u take to achieve it   View Answer
  • why investment bank ? and why did u choose this path?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macquarie Group

Worked for Macquarie Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macquarie Group Analyst interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macquarie Group employees and interview candidates.