Macquarie Group Associate Director Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter. After a few telephone interviews and a trip to London I was offered the chance to take a 3 hour exam. I was offered a job immediately thereafter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I held out for a signing bonus and got it.

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Associate Director Interview

Interview

It was a straightforward process.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

3 face to face interviews, 3 phone interviews

Interview Questions

• Nothing too bad, just keen to understand past experience etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview process was one of the most thorough that I've dealt with. Started with a 1-on-1 with the business unit manager. Then, a psychometric exam (plenty of examples on the internet for reference). Upon passing the test, met with the remaining members of the team. Then, was provided a case study that required me to value an illiquid pool of investments and present a recommendation on whether to purchase the pool of investments to the team. Overall, people were very low key but highly analytical. They represented the organization as being very flat and highly entrepreneurial. The culture struck me as being aggressive but collegial.

Interview Questions

• Valuation of illiquid pool of investments   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2009.

Interview

In person interviews followed by telephone interviews and extensive tests

Interview Questions

• Where are you on the continuum between management and leadership ?   Answer Question