Macquarie Group

Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.1

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Casual Assessment Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

All communications were by email. There were some communication issues to begin with. It was a half hour informal interview. She started off explaining the role, then asked a lot of questions about what I learned in my previous roles to date, why I wanted to work in this area, how I've dealt with difficult clients in the past, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in a casual position as opposed to a full-time position.   Answer Question

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

I responded to an online ad then had a pre-screening interview with HR. This answered a lot of my questions about the role. Once HR was satisfied I had an interview with the group manager.
    The questions were really exploratory and focused on outcomes. Really excellent experience and quite engaging. Interviewer was very honest and willing to answer my questions at the end, talked about their experiences and gave excellent feedback.

Macquarie Capital Summer(Melb) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Extremely quick and efficient, submitted application online and got a call to sit the psychometric test the next day, followed by first round interview. Was interviewed by the head of hr for MacCap and a 3rd year analyst. Mostly behaviour with a technical and a brain teaser.

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a toll road   Answer Question
    • It takes builder A 20 mins to build a house and builder B 30 mins to build a house, how long does it take if they work together   View Answers (2)

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Lengthly and thorough but pretty efficient. HR did a good job of communicating what ended up being several rounds of interview and psychometric testing. All the people were friendly and engaged and asked reasonable questions. There were few surprise or difficult questions. Used specific examples related to my experience and background.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Mostly job related and specific to my background. All were manageable with specific examples as answers.   Answer Question
    small salary increase over initial offer

Documentation Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

There was a phone Interview with HR, Psych Testing covering verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning and personality. There were also two 2 on 1 interviews. Both technical and behavioral questions were asked. Interviews were professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of technical property related questions and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in June 2014.

- Applied Online
    - Phone Interview
    - Face to Face Interview
    - Assessment Centre
    - Final Interview
    - Reference Check
    - Offer

6 weeks total for the overall process, from application to offer. Initially applied for a different role, but due to my excellent psychometric scores. I was offered a different role that I was happy to undertake. Further interviews were conducted for the new role I was offered.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think constitutes to good customer service?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Senior Compliance/Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2014.

Very intense interview process consisting of a 3 hour psychometric exam followed by 4-5 one on one interviews with the hiring manager, department head, and two other head ofs. First interview focused on culture fit and background. The second interview with the department head was significantly more challenging focusing more on technical abilities and demonstrated experience. Unfortunately, I did not get the role as it was only at the second stage that I was made aware of the department head's desire for a candidate with very specific experience.

One thing you'll notice immediately is that there is a high achieving culture as the people are very intelligent. I was impressed by this compliance team's values and the management's vision for how it will add value to the business as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of "compliance" in reference to investment banking? Be specific.

This question was unexpected because there was no previous indication that the role would be focused on investment banking (it was advertised as a generalist role).

Answer Question

Settlements Officer Interview

I had standard interview questions which I prepared the answers to. They were not difficult as such but having had 2 managers interview me at the same time was very daunting for a recent graduate like me.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2014.

You will receive a call from HR, who will conduct a phone interview with you referring to your CV, Then if successful the DD or Manager from team you applied for will meet with you for 45 Min, followed by another meeting straight after.

If successful you will then be asked to come in for a Psych test (Very difficult) depending on position applied for and relevance, you will be judged based on your mark and will need to meet the requirement % for that particular role to be successful. This is the last step and then you will hear back from HR regarding whether you have been successful or unsuccessful in obtaining the position.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of corporation do you see Macquarie as, what are your thoughts and views.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2014.

Standard hiring process, call up on the phone interview first, and a week later attended the first interview with team leader. Then booked in a accessement test, followed by another interview with the division manager. Now I have been informed they just completed the reference checking and further info will be known shortly.

Interview Questions
    • Board competency based interview question, no drama.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation