Macquarie Group Interview Questions in Australia

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Had a short interview with HR of the division I was applying for. They were extremely nice and even explained some of the finer differences between different divisions within Macquarie.

Also, the office is amazing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

It was the first round phone interview for 30 minutes. The two interviewers are one HR and one senior analyst. The questions are OK, not technically difficult as long as you have the right anchor

Interview Questions

• Some routine questions from HR and one case study from analyst   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Very basic questions, person interviewing didn't seem very qualified, she used to be building architect and recently become a systems implementation program manager. She did not portray as am experienced program manager. Seemed a bit threatened with my 10 years of experience.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online application was followed up with a telephone interview three days after submission. This was then followed with another telephone interview with the same recruitment specialist who fielded a series of standard interview questions relating to my previous employment, interest in Macquarie Group, current knowledge of financial markets and marketing specific knowledge. Up to and including, this point of the interview process was very positive and met with quick turn-around times. A face-to-face interview was subsequently offered the day after the second telephone interview. Met with department head and senior associate. Interview held after-hours. Both were very charismatic and friendly. First half of interview consisted of friendly chatter, whilst the second half was scripted interview questions provided by HR. All-in-all the interview seemed successful and the recruitment specialist followed up a week later with an email to say as much and asked for a time to call to discuss. However, and after a reply to say that anytime would suit, no further correspondence was received. Perhaps a busy time for HR, a change in business-unit directive, an internal promotion, or another more suitable candidate was found. One would have considered that an email notification of the outcome would have been appropriate.

Settlements Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2015.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Lots of questions about CV. Interviewers was very very cool and friendly but dived deep in my CV and asked hard on achievements. Nothing out of place but definitely more intense questions and length of interview than other jobs.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Initial phone call with HR to discuss my interest in the role, and what I was looking for in a career. First round interviews were next, with two senior managers in the division - mixed of behavioural and technical questions. If successful in first-round interviews, invited to undertake in-office psychometric and personality testing; upon passing is interview with head of division.

Interview Questions

• What would be your share price if you conducted an IPO on yourself?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

Interview

All communications were by email. There were some communication issues to begin with. It was a half hour informal interview. She started off explaining the role, then asked a lot of questions about what I learned in my previous roles to date, why I wanted to work in this area, how I've dealt with difficult clients in the past, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a casual position as opposed to a full-time position.   Answer Question

Macquarie Capital Summer(Melb) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Extremely quick and efficient, submitted application online and got a call to sit the psychometric test the next day, followed by first round interview. Was interviewed by the head of hr for MacCap and a 3rd year analyst. Mostly behaviour with a technical and a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a toll road   Answer Question
    • It takes builder A 20 mins to build a house and builder B 30 mins to build a house, how long does it take if they work together   3 Answers

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Lengthly and thorough but pretty efficient. HR did a good job of communicating what ended up being several rounds of interview and psychometric testing. All the people were friendly and engaged and asked reasonable questions. There were few surprise or difficult questions. Used specific examples related to my experience and background.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Mostly job related and specific to my background. All were manageable with specific examples as answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

small salary increase over initial offer