Macquarie Group Intern Interview Questions

3.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Called in for first round interviews in their offices.

Interview Questions
  • How many people have you worked under in your past job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in March 2010.

First was an interview that consisted of behavioral and technical questions. There was also a mini case question regarding a valuation and acquisition of an airport. It was a phone interview and the interviewer was Australian and had a heavy accent, but it was clear enough. The psychometric test was near impossible and didn't even finish any of the 3 sections (quantitative reasoning, abstract reasoning, reading comprehension).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Macquarie Group in March 2010.

I applied through school career website and was contacted a month later. The interview consisted of two half an hour group interviews, one after another. The questions that I was asked were less behavioral, so there was some degree of conversation rather than question and answer. One question that they asked is "name one of your weaknesses." As for advice, show them that you really want the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2010.

Macquarie expects you to know a lot about the company during the interview, even just as an intern. The first round is a phone interview. They said they would call at 3:30. I sat by my phone from 3:25-4 without a call. They finally call at 5:30 then I was unavailable. When I called back, they seemed disinterested (most likely because I didn't answer the first time). The second step is a test. They compared it to a mini SAT. I was not asked back most likely because of the phone call incident, which was actually their fault.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2009.

Two times of phone interviews, and on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question on the first round. Did not make it to the second round   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2012.

Interviewed by two women who asked a number of brain teasers and then talked about the great influence of Australian culture on the firm.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2010.

First is a phone interview. You may be asked to share prior work situations that were a challenge and how you handled them.

Second is a personality test / analytical skill test / and verbal reasoning test. If you do not have the personality they are looking for as an organization you will not go onto the next round. The personality part is difficult as you often have to choose the "lesser of 2 evils" on many of the multiple choice questions--i.e. there is no way it accurately describes everyone. My advice---be honest and be consistent. There will be different versions of the same questions--if you aren't consistent than you will be perceived as dishonest, etc. DO the practice tests for the analytical skills and verbal reasoning--do the practice questions on the company website AND the pracitice questions you will receive at the time of the exam. You can go through the practice tests as many times as you like and figure out why you missed some of them. Speed is crucial. I found it helpful to talk outloud while taking the tests so that I could pick up crucial details or recognize patterns.

Third is an interview with HR and senior management. Be yourself. Very nice people and down-to-earth. Company is global so you may have the opportunity to transfer in / outside of the U.S. There were no trick questions; it was much more of a conversation, sharing about the organization and an occassional question for the candidate--not a sit down Q & A to grill you--at least that was my experience.

Again, seems to be a very good company, friendly, down-to-earth with no hidden agendas. I believe my interview process took much longer than normal because it was for a newly created position, so there was no rush from management to hire right away.

Interview Questions
    • I will not list specific questions. Just be able to share past challenges from prior jobs and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Makati City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

interviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2010.

You begin by submitting a resume. You then get a phone interview, wherein basic information will be gathered from you, as well as basic language proficiency assessment. If you pass, you will be invited to another interview by an HR representative. There, your skills will be assessed and if you pass, you get the position

Interview Questions

Worked for Macquarie Group? Contribute to the Community!