Macquarie Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Interview

Friendly and yet professional, feels comfortable. Seems like a great place to work, smart people but not cocky. Overall atmosphere is calm and a little relaxed which is rare for an ib.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process included quantitative questions, along with in-depth discussions on why I would like to pursue a career in the division. In the end, I believe it was more of telling my story and vision more than valuation during the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Interview

Online Application. Phone interview with recruitment and member of team (motivational/behavioral questions and some technical). Aptitude tests (numerical,verbal, reasoning). Final technical interview. Overall a fast process with feedback along the way. HR is very helpful.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Called in for first round interviews in their offices.

Interview Questions

• How many people have you worked under in your past job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied through school career website and was contacted a month later. The interview consisted of two half an hour group interviews, one after another. The questions that I was asked were less behavioral, so there was some degree of conversation rather than question and answer. One question that they asked is "name one of your weaknesses." As for advice, show them that you really want the job.

Interview Questions

• Name me one of your weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

First was an interview that consisted of behavioral and technical questions. There was also a mini case question regarding a valuation and acquisition of an airport. It was a phone interview and the interviewer was Australian and had a heavy accent, but it was clear enough. The psychometric test was near impossible and didn't even finish any of the 3 sections (quantitative reasoning, abstract reasoning, reading comprehension).

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

Macquarie expects you to know a lot about the company during the interview, even just as an intern. The first round is a phone interview. They said they would call at 3:30. I sat by my phone from 3:25-4 without a call. They finally call at 5:30 then I was unavailable. When I called back, they seemed disinterested (most likely because I didn't answer the first time). The second step is a test. They compared it to a mini SAT. I was not asked back most likely because of the phone call incident, which was actually their fault.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Berkeley, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Two times of phone interviews, and on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question on the first round. Did not make it to the second round   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Had a short interview with HR of the division I was applying for. They were extremely nice and even explained some of the finer differences between different divisions within Macquarie.

Also, the office is amazing.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1st round - typical HR (phone)
    2nd round - technical with a particular trading desk. Difficult but reasonable questions (phone)
    Psychometric tests
    3rd round - interview with analyst at their office
    4th round - interview with manager at their office
    5th round - interview with analyst (phone)