Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2014

3.1

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview process included aptitude tests (eg. what image comes next in a sequence) and behavioral tests that took almost three hours. No feedback or contact whatsoever after interview process complete (three interviews and aptitude tests). Lack of follow up a concern, and unprofessional.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

7 round interview, all of which were very straight forward and surprisingly relaxed. Interviewers, in specific order, were MD, SVP, VP, Associate, SVP, Associate, Recruiter. They give you a few breaks (for lunch and in between interviews). I highly recommend using this time wisely. All in all, pretty straight forward for an IB interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in December 2010.

Interviewed by 2 senior bankers and completed a psychometric exam on the computer, which is standard for all new Macquarie hires. The in-person interviews were pretty relaxed and seemed to focus more on overall fit rather than technical aspects. This is probably because Macquarie seeks to train its junior hires in its own way from the start.

Interview Questions
    Standard BA entry package, little to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question
    Standard analyst contract

Control Room Compliance Analyst/Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

3 interview process, spanning at least a month. First interview was with 2 associates from the small team. Very nice, smart people with international backgrounds. Second "interview" was a psychometric examination. About three hours, lightweight math test, personality questionnaire and logic test. Very boring. They put you in a room just big enough to hold a desk and for the door to swing open. Obviously, this room was a closet. Third interview was with Counsel/head of compliance. Nice, well educated woman. Interview was about an hour and was wide ranging. Heard nothing after that for about a month until I was told the position had been filled.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2012.

Hiring process took 6 months...

Interview Questions
    • Had to take and pass psychometrics exam at end of hiring process. Will not be hired if yu don't pass the 4 exams   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through campus career website. Had an interview in person on campus, was mostly behavioral with a few brain teasers

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

On campus interview. Was given a mini case study and a few brainteasers. Wasn't a very difficult interview technically.

Interview Questions
    • What is something on your resume that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Risk Management Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Applied through on campus recruiting center and was invited for first rounds and a pre-interview event. First round was all behavioral questions and based on your resume so really know your experiences well. If you get through the first round, you receive instructions to complete a psychometric test.

Interview Questions
    • Do you find yourself to be more of a quantitative or qualitative thinker?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Called in for first round interviews in their offices.

Interview Questions
    • How many people have you worked under in your past job.   Answer Question

Worked for Macquarie Group? Contribute to the Community!