Macquarie Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst

Interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview Details – 7 round interview, all of which were very straight forward and surprisingly relaxed. Interviewers, in specific order, were MD, SVP, VP, Associate, SVP, Associate, Recruiter. They give you a few breaks (for lunch and in between interviews). I highly recommend using this time wisely. All in all, pretty straight forward for an IB interview.

Interview Question – Walk me through an LBO...   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 2 senior bankers and completed a psychometric exam on the computer, which is standard for all new Macquarie hires. The in-person interviews were pretty relaxed and seemed to focus more on overall fit rather than technical aspects. This is probably because Macquarie seeks to train its junior hires in its own way from the start.

Interview Question – None to think of. Fairly straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard BA entry package, little to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard analyst contract

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Control Room Compliance Analyst/Associate Interview

Control Room Compliance Analyst/Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – 3 interview process, spanning at least a month. First interview was with 2 associates from the small team. Very nice, smart people with international backgrounds. Second "interview" was a psychometric examination. About three hours, lightweight math test, personality questionnaire and logic test. Very boring. They put you in a room just big enough to hold a desk and for the door to swing open. Obviously, this room was a closet. Third interview was with Counsel/head of compliance. Nice, well educated woman. Interview was about an hour and was wide ranging. Heard nothing after that for about a month until I was told the position had been filled.

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary here.   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process took 6 months...

Interview Question – Had to take and pass psychometrics exam at end of hiring process. Will not be hired if yu don't pass the 4 exams   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview Details – Applied through campus career website. Had an interview in person on campus, was mostly behavioral with a few brain teasers

Interview Question – Run me through the 3 financial statements   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Was given a mini case study and a few brainteasers. Wasn't a very difficult interview technically.

Interview Question – What is something on your resume that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Risk Management Summer Intern Interview

Risk Management Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus recruiting center and was invited for first rounds and a pre-interview event. First round was all behavioral questions and based on your resume so really know your experiences well. If you get through the first round, you receive instructions to complete a psychometric test.

Interview Question – Do you find yourself to be more of a quantitative or qualitative thinker?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – Called in for first round interviews in their offices.

Interview Question – How many people have you worked under in your past job.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at my college or university's On Campus Recruitment center in January 2014. There were two interviewers from the firm present. The interview lasted only thirty minutes and overall, it was very relaxed and more conversational in style.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Mostly behavioral. The interviewers were extremely nice and answered all my questions thoroughly   Answer Question

Worked for Macquarie Group? Contribute to the Community!