Macquarie Group

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Applied through email invitation. Got invited to an event a week later. Have guest speakers and networking sessions to meet the interviewers. Scheduled an interview on that weekend. Had two back to back interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. why Macquarie as opposed to other BB banks, why risk management, past experiences (asked very specific and detailed questions about my resume.). After the first round of the interview, I also got an online assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Had a case question during the first interview. but it was easy and just explain every step you went through would be fine.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Recruitment through school. Contacts from information session, guys were really friendly. Some of the team is awkward. First round over the phone, Associate kept missing my call so it was postponed a day. Superday in the LA office. Six rounds in singles and pairs.

Interview Questions
    • One VP talked about bonds for literally the entire interview.   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2015.

Took one week, first was a phone interview, followed by three SHL tests (numeric, verbal, abstract) and two personality tests. Interviewer, a VP, was great, engaging, questions not too technical, more personality / fit based. Seemingly great environment in NY office, quickly growing in US infrastructure / commodity markets. Interviewer answered all of my questions thoroughly, had great things to say about his experience at the company. Still waiting to hear results of assessments and information about the final screening.

Interview Questions
    • Why my major? Why my school? Why would I be a good fit for the job? Wanted to know how acquainted I was with commodities markets and recent deals that Mac. had done.   Answer Question

Equity Sales Interview

Started with application through university database. On campus interview with one sales and one research director. Had to then take online exam. After that go invited to interview at main New York office. Had to take a second online assessment after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Asked to walk through resume. Asked for me to pitch stock as well.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interview process included quantitative questions, along with in-depth discussions on why I would like to pursue a career in the division. In the end, I believe it was more of telling my story and vision more than valuation during the interview.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Online Application. Phone interview with recruitment and member of team (motivational/behavioral questions and some technical). Aptitude tests (numerical,verbal, reasoning). Final technical interview. Overall a fast process with feedback along the way. HR is very helpful.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

Initial communication from internal recruiter via email. Interview scheduled promptly. Process was extremely professional. I was interviewed by two attorney-managers who were prompt and courteous and clear. There was no pre-screening. Interviews lasted roughly 30 minutes and were conducted in a prompt and professional manner. A pre-screening interview with the recruiter probably would have made sense in context.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer believed the job was "below" my qualifications and asked questions around that issue. The question wasn't difficult, but the expectation wasn't clear prior to the interview, hence it was surprising.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview process included aptitude tests (eg. what image comes next in a sequence) and behavioral tests that took almost three hours. No feedback or contact whatsoever after interview process complete (three interviews and aptitude tests). Lack of follow up a concern, and unprofessional.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

7 round interview, all of which were very straight forward and surprisingly relaxed. Interviewers, in specific order, were MD, SVP, VP, Associate, SVP, Associate, Recruiter. They give you a few breaks (for lunch and in between interviews). I highly recommend using this time wisely. All in all, pretty straight forward for an IB interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question
    Standard analyst contract