Macquarie Group

150 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

National Account Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process took 6 months...

Interview Question – Had to take and pass psychometrics exam at end of hiring process. Will not be hired if yu don't pass the 4 exams   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview Details – Applied through campus career website. Had an interview in person on campus, was mostly behavioral with a few brain teasers

Interview Question – Run me through the 3 financial statements   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Was given a mini case study and a few brainteasers. Wasn't a very difficult interview technically.

Interview Question – What is something on your resume that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Risk Management Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus recruiting center and was invited for first rounds and a pre-interview event. First round was all behavioral questions and based on your resume so really know your experiences well. If you get through the first round, you receive instructions to complete a psychometric test.

Interview Question – Do you find yourself to be more of a quantitative or qualitative thinker?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – Called in for first round interviews in their offices.

Interview Question – How many people have you worked under in your past job.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at my college or university's On Campus Recruitment center in January 2014. There were two interviewers from the firm present. The interview lasted only thirty minutes and overall, it was very relaxed and more conversational in style.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Mostly behavioral. The interviewers were extremely nice and answered all my questions thoroughly   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Was interviewed for a contract to perm position. First interview was in person with 2 people. Next round was via telepresence with someone in Sydney. The assessment was intense.

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation but salary and package was good so I was comfortable. Too bad I didn't know that 3 years would go by without them giving any raises or I would have asked for more money up front!

Procurement Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with recruiter, she was very insulting, but somehow passed me on for anther in person interview. That went well and then the telephone interviews started with Australia . That was ok, although it was the same questions from most of them, then they have you take a very difficult assessment test. Better study for it, it is not easy.

Interview Question – Were you upset that the board of directors did not support your suggestions for change   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Berkeley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2009.

Interview Details – Two times of phone interviews, and on-site interview

Interview Question – Behavioral question on the first round. Did not make it to the second round   Answer Question

Central Compliance Training Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Analysis Paralysis comes to mind. There were 5 rounds of interviews- and there would have been a 6th had I let them continue upon the path they were going in. Round 1 = HR Screening, Round 2 = Two 30 minute interviews with Sr. Managers, Round 3= Psychometric testing, Round 4=Two 30 minute interviews with Assoc. Directors, Round 5= Mock Training Session. Throughout these all of these rounds I barely had an opportunity to ask the interviewers questions, which was especially important considering this was a new role, and as I found out poorly defined in what they need. If I really wanted to be a full time trainer (rather than a training manager which is what the job is supposed to be) I would have just kept my mouth shut and cooperated with their process and probably gotten the offer, but not only is that not what I wanted- but more importantly I saw a great deal of inconsistancies- therefore the job as they define it is not what they need.

Interview Question – Questions from managers with L&D backgrounds were well framed for an L&D role- but seemed inconsistent from questions from those coming from Compliance, and difficult to gauge what they really wanted vs. what they needed. The questions themselves were not difficult.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macquarie Group

Worked for Macquarie Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macquarie Group interview questions and advice. All 150 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macquarie Group employees and interview candidates.