Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Interview

Friendly and yet professional, feels comfortable. Seems like a great place to work, smart people but not cocky. Overall atmosphere is calm and a little relaxed which is rare for an ib.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

First round was half hour interview with two interviewers-- one sort of played good cop while the other played bad cop. Asked mostly behavior questions, then some basic facts about the company as well as any interests in the markets. A few brain teasers but nothing too tricky.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process included quantitative questions, along with in-depth discussions on why I would like to pursue a career in the division. In the end, I believe it was more of telling my story and vision more than valuation during the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Interview

Online Application. Phone interview with recruitment and member of team (motivational/behavioral questions and some technical). Aptitude tests (numerical,verbal, reasoning). Final technical interview. Overall a fast process with feedback along the way. HR is very helpful.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an initial interview where the job was described and I was asked basic questions. After this they scheduled a second interview with a higher level of management. Both asked the same questions and focused on the ability to take direction and work hard.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

7 round interview, all of which were very straight forward and surprisingly relaxed. Interviewers, in specific order, were MD, SVP, VP, Associate, SVP, Associate, Recruiter. They give you a few breaks (for lunch and in between interviews). I highly recommend using this time wisely. All in all, pretty straight forward for an IB interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard analyst contract

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in March 2014.

Interview

BS questions; financial questions. Interviewer was not appropriate for the role; merely a gatekeeper and was not familiar with actual functions. Complete BS, and wanted a personality and skills assessment.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

On campus interview. Was given a mini case study and a few brainteasers. Wasn't a very difficult interview technically.

Interview Questions

• What is something on your resume that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Did campus recruiting. Two rounds. Fairly low-pressure. Asked a couple of brain-teasers and some fit questions. Didn't ask many technicals. First interview was with two analysts, then the super day had an interview with a VP and an MD, then another one with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What group I wanted to be in.   1 Answer