Macquarie Group

167 candidate interviews

Adviser Interview

Adviser
Sydney (Australia)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macquarie Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – Basically, the initial communication was very standard by email informing candidate to know whether they had received a 1st round interview. Be aware!! Interviews are given at extremely short notice (1-3 days!).

Advice is to really read on your brainteasers well before the interviews!

Perception of the people working there are :

Young, smart, tech-savvy and all seem single!!

Office is in heart of martin pl which is good

Work culture seems very tedious but that's investment banking for you!

Interview Question – How would you value an airport?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very lengthy and stringent. Multiple interactions spanning over a period of almost 6 months and technical discussions, interviews etc. Finally there is a psychometric assessment as well and then salary negotiations.

Negotiation Details – Very difficult, Indian HR had very poor exposure on hiring process and etiquette.

Intern Interview

Intern
Berkeley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2009.

Interview Details – Two times of phone interviews, and on-site interview

Interview Question – Behavioral question on the first round. Did not make it to the second round   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Executive
Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – Sent my resume via email. HR called to conduct 1st interview (screening), then scheduled for the tech interview. It was a the phone conference with the Associate Director for the Manila dev team. Got asked hard hibernate, spring, identity management questions. Passed, was scheduled for pschometric exam - hard.

Interview Question – The difficult question was if i was how to solve Hibernate n+1 problem in a web application environment where the session was already dead at the presentation layer. When is it acceptable and when should it be addressed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for double my current salary however I was given 50% lower offer. I was able to bargain more because I had another offer giving me 75% increase. We settled for 70%, I took it because the other offer was with a software company known to be toxic.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – 1 interview with Associate Director
2 phsycometric test
3 interview with main directors

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Documentation Officer Interview

Documentation Officer

I applied online and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – There was a phone Interview with HR, Psych Testing covering verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning and personality. There were also two 2 on 1 interviews. Both technical and behavioral questions were asked. Interviews were professional and friendly.

Interview Question – Lots of technical property related questions and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Client Refresh Analyst Interview

Client Refresh Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – The overall hiring process is almost a month. HR communicates mostly thru email, then they will call you. The exam was easy, although it is timed. Candidates are also asked if willing to work in night shift.

Interview Question – Tell me something about you that is not on your resume   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Procurement
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with recruiter, she was very insulting, but somehow passed me on for anther in person interview. That went well and then the telephone interviews started with Australia . That was ok, although it was the same questions from most of them, then they have you take a very difficult assessment test. Better study for it, it is not easy.

Interview Question – Were you upset that the board of directors did not support your suggestions for change   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed at Macquarie Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – I first went through an initial screening on the phone with HR. During the conversation, we went through my CV on my work experience. Essentially I think HR was trying to get a clearer picture of my profile. After that, I had my first face to face interview before proceeding to sit for a psychometric test. Lastly, I had my final interview a week later.

Interview Question – Abstract reasoning portion of the test and some of the behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Foreign Exchange Desk Interview

Foreign Exchange Desk
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – The easiest/best way to get a job at Macquarie is to know someone. So use your networking skills. The HR department is swamped with thousands of resumes - so do your best to go around them. When you do get an interview, it will normally be first with a Senior Member of the Desk, before meeting with the Division and Desk Head. Before you do an interview you'll also sit a computer test that measures your personality suitability for the company. Everyone does this test.

Interview Question – A lot of questions relate to your ability to handle the pressure of international financial markets. But there is a keen focus on personality - will you fit in with the other members of the desk? Are you interested in making lots of money for yourself - they want to see the drive for profit.   Answer Question

Worked for Macquarie Group? Contribute to the Community!