Macquarie Group

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Equity Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Contacted through the HR rep, who was very efficient. This was for an experienced candidate job.
    First interview was with potential direct manager. Went into a small room with a desk. One-on-one interview. Interview did not come across as structured, but usual points were covered, like experience, expertise and the like. Very impressed with this interview.
    Second interview with the head of the "department area." Again highly intelligent. Less about experience but more about character traits, personality etc. Asked me about high school accomplishments and university life, rather than career.

Interview Questions
    • Second interviewer asked about high school accomplishments etc. Was definitely not prepared for this, particularly since I didn't do too well in high school (compared to most other Macquarie workers probably).   Answer Question

Senior Advisor Interview

Very protracted. Four rounds plus half of a day of psych testing.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Psychometric testing, one on one interview of HR and one on one interview with an associate director and a senior manager

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

The first round interview consisted of a phone call with an HR rep. second round was a pysch test consisting on numerical, verbal and inductive reasoning. These sections were all timed, the last section was based on personality - no time limit here.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Applied online, only required c.v and cover letter. Had a phone interview and got through to the next stage (still to come). The phone interview lasted 30 mins, the woman was very friendly. Questions included why Macquarie, why FICC etc, but also why my degree/past experience is relevant to a job in investment banking, when have I been criticized and what have I done since and then some brainteasers at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teasers at the end as they were unexpected from a phone interview: One was a cook can make 2 large cakes per hour or 20 small cakes. We have the kitchen for 3 hours and need 20 large cakes and 220 small cakes. How many cooks do we need?   View Answers (2)

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

First round: 15min phone interview, asked standard competency questions e.g. Why Macquarie, why MacCap? Also asked two numerical questions, the cake one shown below and one other. Received email confirming I was through to next round

Second round: 4 tests (numerical, verbal and logical reasoning & personality questionnaire at their London office. Took 2.5 hours approx. SHL tests. Received call to say I was through to final round. Now awaiting final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do yo know about any recent deals Macquarie have been involved in?   Answer Question

Graduate Operations Support Analyst Interview

telephone interview with HR, 1 on 1 interview with HR, follow by a superday interview which consists of written exercise, 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager and group activities

Interview Questions
    • Would you follow the procedure if it takes longer time or would you skip the procedure and still get the job done but in a much shorter time   Answer Question

Intern Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

1/HR screening, 2/Interview by 2 random ppl in the business, 3/Computer exam (IQ and English skills) ,4/ Interview by division managers

Interviews very straight forward... all typical HR questions...
    Computer exam was tough due to time constraints but they don't expect anymore than average results...

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as an intern you take it or leave it...

Analyst Interview