Macquarie Group

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.1

Risk Management Group Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

I submitted an online application, and was then invited for a phone interview which lasted for half an hour. I was asked questions such as
    1. Why Macquarie
    2. What do you enjoy doing outside of school and how do you balance your time between co-curriculars and academic work
    3. Why Risk?

I was then invited to a psychometric assessment which was 2.5 hr long and included numerical, verbal, logical and personality tests. I did not pass this stage.

Interview Questions
    • What are the factors involved in the decline of oil prices and what can push them back up?   Answer Question

Casual Assessment Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

All communications were by email. There were some communication issues to begin with. It was a half hour informal interview. She started off explaining the role, then asked a lot of questions about what I learned in my previous roles to date, why I wanted to work in this area, how I've dealt with difficult clients in the past, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in a casual position as opposed to a full-time position.   Answer Question

Resourcing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Macquarie Group in September 2014.

Macquarie HR (expat) approached me as they found my CV from e-financial. After a casual chat on the phone, she sent me a detailed JD for my consideration. I reverted my interest to them a few days later. However, the HR replied they identified the candidate already.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview by HR was quite standard that she went thru my work experience and expectation. No diffucult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interview process included quantitative questions, along with in-depth discussions on why I would like to pursue a career in the division. In the end, I believe it was more of telling my story and vision more than valuation during the interview.

Market Risk Interview

Online application firstly, very simple. Noticed about phone interview just two days after submitting my application. Phone interview is 30 min and competency based. Followed by one technical question and one brain teaser question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Online application followed by phone interview. Then assessment test (nothing to special->SHL like) and then interviews in their office. It was all mostly about my motivation and background check. There were only a few technical questions, which in my opinion were easy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special really. Why did you choose your most recent school and major?   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Sell Side Analyst Interview

Send my CV through a senior employee and then contact by the HR to process. Firstly a phone interview by two members of the quantitative research team, followed by an assessment centre consisting of SHL tests and a sales test, and after that a second round f2f interview.

Senior Equity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in August 2013.

Hiring and interview process consisted of 3 separate interviews with various members of the team. These interviews were fairly generic with standard questions about experience and motivations. To complete the process, a psychometric assessment was done which went for around 2 hours. Part of this assessment was personality based and relatively straight forward (no point lying here as questions are phrased to see if your answers are consistent), the other parts of the assessment were based around a proprietary psychometric test which had 3x 20 minute sections (20 problems in 20 minutes). The sections were verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning and abstract reasoning. These tests were difficult to complete in the allotted time (I would recommend any online provider to aid in practicing for this).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fine, aptitude test was the trickiest thing.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macquarie Group in March 2010.

Phone interview for job in overseas country. We never met before joining however many phone/video chats were had. I had to go into a local office to do a psychometric and aptitude test....3 rounds of interviews in total...friendly people and easy process because they needed someone fast. The test was on a computer and not something you can really study for...Math, pattern matching and personality questions were the main part of it

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2014.

You will receive a call from HR, who will conduct a phone interview with you referring to your CV, Then if successful the DD or Manager from team you applied for will meet with you for 45 Min, followed by another meeting straight after.

If successful you will then be asked to come in for a Psych test (Very difficult) depending on position applied for and relevance, you will be judged based on your mark and will need to meet the requirement % for that particular role to be successful. This is the last step and then you will hear back from HR regarding whether you have been successful or unsuccessful in obtaining the position.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of corporation do you see Macquarie as, what are your thoughts and views.   View Answer