Macquarie Group

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2014.

I applied in October and heard back in February. It was not ususual as this is when they started their recruitment process. Once started, the whole process took 2 weeks. First round was carried in their office in London and consisted of normal and typical numerical reasoning tests. The second interview was with two senior employees. Asked for motivation, how I could contribute to the success of the division, many questions around my CV (be sure you know it inside out). Heard back two days after with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • - why Macquarie?
      - how many marriages occur every year in London?

View Answer

Settlements Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2015.

Online application was followed up with a telephone interview three days after submission. This was then followed with another telephone interview with the same recruitment specialist who fielded a series of standard interview questions relating to my previous employment, interest in Macquarie Group, current knowledge of financial markets and marketing specific knowledge. Up to and including, this point of the interview process was very positive and met with quick turn-around times. A face-to-face interview was subsequently offered the day after the second telephone interview. Met with department head and senior associate. Interview held after-hours. Both were very charismatic and friendly. First half of interview consisted of friendly chatter, whilst the second half was scripted interview questions provided by HR. All-in-all the interview seemed successful and the recruitment specialist followed up a week later with an email to say as much and asked for a time to call to discuss. However, and after a reply to say that anytime would suit, no further correspondence was received. Perhaps a busy time for HR, a change in business-unit directive, an internal promotion, or another more suitable candidate was found. One would have considered that an email notification of the outcome would have been appropriate.

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2015.

Took one week, first was a phone interview, followed by three SHL tests (numeric, verbal, abstract) and two personality tests. Interviewer, a VP, was great, engaging, questions not too technical, more personality / fit based. Seemingly great environment in NY office, quickly growing in US infrastructure / commodity markets. Interviewer answered all of my questions thoroughly, had great things to say about his experience at the company. Still waiting to hear results of assessments and information about the final screening.

Interview Questions
    • Why my major? Why my school? Why would I be a good fit for the job? Wanted to know how acquainted I was with commodities markets and recent deals that Mac. had done.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Valuation Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Initial phone call with HR to discuss my interest in the role, and what I was looking for in a career. First round interviews were next, with two senior managers in the division - mixed of behavioural and technical questions. If successful in first-round interviews, invited to undertake in-office psychometric and personality testing; upon passing is interview with head of division.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your share price if you conducted an IPO on yourself?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Applied in Novermber and waited for approximately 3-4 weeks for the telephone interview. attended AC in December. AC is fairly straight forward and consists of the standard SHL numerical, verbal and logical test.

Interview Questions
    • how do you analyse the profitability of a given company   Answer Question

Summer AnalystFICC Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Apply through internet, Phone interview with HR and Markets.
    HR Brain teaser -

In a class of 78 students 41 are taking French, 22 are taking German. Of the students taking French or German, 9 are taking both courses. How many students are not enrolled in either course?

Markets didn´t call, had forgotten the interview. So I called him...

Interview Questions
    • Even though I applied for FICC, I got a M&A question- What recent M&A deals have Macquarie been involved in?   Answer Question

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Applied through email invitation. Got invited to an event a week later. Have guest speakers and networking sessions to meet the interviewers. Scheduled an interview on that weekend. Had two back to back interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. why Macquarie as opposed to other BB banks, why risk management, past experiences (asked very specific and detailed questions about my resume.). After the first round of the interview, I also got an online assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Had a case question during the first interview. but it was easy and just explain every step you went through would be fine.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2013.

Applied on campus, and had initial phone screen followed by super day in office with 4-5 people interviewing across levels (analysts, associates and a vice-president). People were friendly and was told about the ongoing work and the trading floor style arrangement in the office.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Recruitment through school. Contacts from information session, guys were really friendly. Some of the team is awkward. First round over the phone, Associate kept missing my call so it was postponed a day. Superday in the LA office. Six rounds in singles and pairs.

Interview Questions
    • One VP talked about bonds for literally the entire interview.   View Answer