Macquarie Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at my college or university's On Campus Recruitment center in January 2014. There were two interviewers from the firm present. The interview lasted only thirty minutes and overall, it was very relaxed and more conversational in style.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Mostly behavioral. The interviewers were extremely nice and answered all my questions thoroughly   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Was interviewed for a contract to perm position. First interview was in person with 2 people. Next round was via telepresence with someone in Sydney. The assessment was intense.

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation but salary and package was good so I was comfortable. Too bad I didn't know that 3 years would go by without them giving any raises or I would have asked for more money up front!

Procurement Interview

Procurement
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview with recruiter, she was very insulting, but somehow passed me on for anther in person interview. That went well and then the telephone interviews started with Australia . That was ok, although it was the same questions from most of them, then they have you take a very difficult assessment test. Better study for it, it is not easy.

Interview Question – Were you upset that the board of directors did not support your suggestions for change   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Berkeley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2009.

Interview Details – Two times of phone interviews, and on-site interview

Interview Question – Behavioral question on the first round. Did not make it to the second round   Answer Question

Central Compliance Training Manager Interview

Central Compliance Training Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Analysis Paralysis comes to mind. There were 5 rounds of interviews- and there would have been a 6th had I let them continue upon the path they were going in. Round 1 = HR Screening, Round 2 = Two 30 minute interviews with Sr. Managers, Round 3= Psychometric testing, Round 4=Two 30 minute interviews with Assoc. Directors, Round 5= Mock Training Session. Throughout these all of these rounds I barely had an opportunity to ask the interviewers questions, which was especially important considering this was a new role, and as I found out poorly defined in what they need. If I really wanted to be a full time trainer (rather than a training manager which is what the job is supposed to be) I would have just kept my mouth shut and cooperated with their process and probably gotten the offer, but not only is that not what I wanted- but more importantly I saw a great deal of inconsistancies- therefore the job as they define it is not what they need.

Interview Question – Questions from managers with L&D backgrounds were well framed for an L&D role- but seemed inconsistent from questions from those coming from Compliance, and difficult to gauge what they really wanted vs. what they needed. The questions themselves were not difficult.   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Equity Research

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1st - One on one meeting with Senior Analyst. Fit questions, some technical questions, favorite stock etc.

2nd - Meeting with HR. All fit/behavioral questions

3rd - Meeting with Sr Research Associate. SImilar to 1st meeting.

Interview Question – Why Macquarie   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Middlebury, VT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online; phone interviewed by two analysts; basic valuation and fit questions

Interview Question – How do you find WACC for a private company   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, Psychometric Test, Several face to face interviews

Interview Question – How would you hedge credit risk?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – some

Data Executive Interview

Data Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – standard 2 rounds of interview with 1 assessment test

Interview Question – more personality based questions   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting, first there was an on-campus interview with an associate and analyst (mix of fit + technical); then they make you take an online assessment that is pretty difficult and a week later they invited me to the superday. The super day was two fit interviews and one case (not like consulting more understanding why a merger was done and structured in a specific way).

Interview Question – the case was hard if you don't know what financial engineering is and when to use stock vs cash.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate