Macquarie Group

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2009.

Two times of phone interviews, and on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral question on the first round. Did not make it to the second round   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in June 2008.

The interview process was not too detailed, but included the basic questions from various levels of management. They had me take a personality test which I thought was ridiculous. COme to find out most of the bankers hired have been let go due to the market downturn. The restrucuturing side is still chugging along, but heard the demise of the banking division.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in March 2008.

I was contacted by a headhunter. After a few telephone interviews and a trip to London I was offered the chance to take a 3 hour exam. I was offered a job immediately thereafter.

Interview Questions
    I held out for a signing bonus and got it.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2008.

Fairly straight forward, however the process took forever.

There wasn't one.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in August 2007.

2 phone call + 2 on-site +1 simple computer test, quite easy compared with other banks, just some behavioral and motivation questions

Quality of staffs and company culture are mediocre, but try to convince them that Macquarie will be your dedicated choice if hired

Interview Questions
    This is a graduate job with a standard package, so they give me the offer one week after interview without much negotiation

Risk Management Group Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

I submitted an online application, and was then invited for a phone interview which lasted for half an hour. I was asked questions such as
    1. Why Macquarie
    2. What do you enjoy doing outside of school and how do you balance your time between co-curriculars and academic work
    3. Why Risk?

I was then invited to a psychometric assessment which was 2.5 hr long and included numerical, verbal, logical and personality tests. I did not pass this stage.

Interview Questions
    • What are the factors involved in the decline of oil prices and what can push them back up?   Answer Question

Market Risk Interview

Online application firstly, very simple. Noticed about phone interview just two days after submitting my application. Phone interview is 30 min and competency based. Followed by one technical question and one brain teaser question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Online application followed by phone interview. Then assessment test (nothing to special->SHL like) and then interviews in their office. It was all mostly about my motivation and background check. There were only a few technical questions, which in my opinion were easy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special really. Why did you choose your most recent school and major?   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Sell Side Analyst Interview

Send my CV through a senior employee and then contact by the HR to process. Firstly a phone interview by two members of the quantitative research team, followed by an assessment centre consisting of SHL tests and a sales test, and after that a second round f2f interview.

Casual Assessment Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

All communications were by email. There were some communication issues to begin with. It was a half hour informal interview. She started off explaining the role, then asked a lot of questions about what I learned in my previous roles to date, why I wanted to work in this area, how I've dealt with difficult clients in the past, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in a casual position as opposed to a full-time position.   Answer Question