Macquarie Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Refresh Analyst Interview

Client Refresh Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – The overall hiring process is almost a month. HR communicates mostly thru email, then they will call you. The exam was easy, although it is timed. Candidates are also asked if willing to work in night shift.

Interview Question – Tell me something about you that is not on your resume   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – - Applied Online
- Phone Interview
- Face to Face Interview
- Assessment Centre
- Final Interview
- Reference Check
- Offer

6 weeks total for the overall process, from application to offer. Initially applied for a different role, but due to my excellent psychometric scores. I was offered a different role that I was happy to undertake. Further interviews were conducted for the new role I was offered.

Interview Question – What do you think constitutes to good customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Macquarie Capital Summer(Melb) Interview

Macquarie Capital Summer(Melb)
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – Extremely quick and efficient, submitted application online and got a call to sit the psychometric test the next day, followed by first round interview. Was interviewed by the head of hr for MacCap and a 3rd year analyst. Mostly behaviour with a technical and a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a toll road   Answer Question
  • It takes builder A 20 mins to build a house and builder B 30 mins to build a house, how long does it take if they work together   View Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – 1) Telephone interview: basic questions on your background as well as numerical questions. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience in investment banking
2) Full day assessment in their office
3) 2 1:1 interview at their headquarters with a VP and an associate. First interview was preceded with a 30-minute preparation for a case study. Both interviewers focused on technical and numerical questions. Be prepared to talk about different valuation techniques.

Interview Question – Why Macquarie? Why investment banking?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – Lengthly and thorough but pretty efficient. HR did a good job of communicating what ended up being several rounds of interview and psychometric testing. All the people were friendly and engaged and asked reasonable questions. There were few surprise or difficult questions. Used specific examples related to my experience and background.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual. Mostly job related and specific to my background. All were manageable with specific examples as answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – small salary increase over initial offer

Documentation Officer Interview

Documentation Officer

I applied online and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – There was a phone Interview with HR, Psych Testing covering verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning and personality. There were also two 2 on 1 interviews. Both technical and behavioral questions were asked. Interviews were professional and friendly.

Interview Question – Lots of technical property related questions and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Solution Designer Interview

Solution Designer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – - Java technical test online
- face to face interview with Account Manager and Technical team leader
- 3 hour aptitude test
     - numerical test
     - verbal test

Negotiation Details – Straight forward but be careful on BCR package.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – take a test to check the right fit, three times interview and back ground check for the candidate
1. HR test -> numeric reasoning, verval reasoning , abstract resonsing test
if we fail the test, no second chace... test is very important!!!!
interview is quite ok, no tough question at all but they rely on test result

Interview Question – nothing special. gerneral question only   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i follow the company's proposal

Graduate Developer Interview

Graduate Developer
Makati City (Philippines)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – The application process took about 3 weeks and I underwent three interviews and a psychometric exam. It was good but I didn't get the job maybe because of the last interview

Interview Question – How can we divide the figure in four equal parts?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Standard hiring process, call up on the phone interview first, and a week later attended the first interview with team leader. Then booked in a accessement test, followed by another interview with the division manager. Now I have been informed they just completed the reference checking and further info will be known shortly.

Interview Question – Board competency based interview question, no drama.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation