Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

3.1

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in June 2008.

The interview process was not too detailed, but included the basic questions from various levels of management. They had me take a personality test which I thought was ridiculous. COme to find out most of the bankers hired have been let go due to the market downturn. The restrucuturing side is still chugging along, but heard the demise of the banking division.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in March 2008.

I was contacted by a headhunter. After a few telephone interviews and a trip to London I was offered the chance to take a 3 hour exam. I was offered a job immediately thereafter.

Interview Questions
    I held out for a signing bonus and got it.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2008.

Fairly straight forward, however the process took forever.

There wasn't one.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in August 2007.

2 phone call + 2 on-site +1 simple computer test, quite easy compared with other banks, just some behavioral and motivation questions

Quality of staffs and company culture are mediocre, but try to convince them that Macquarie will be your dedicated choice if hired

Interview Questions
    This is a graduate job with a standard package, so they give me the offer one week after interview without much negotiation

Quantitative Research Sell Side Analyst Interview

Send my CV through a senior employee and then contact by the HR to process. Firstly a phone interview by two members of the quantitative research team, followed by an assessment centre consisting of SHL tests and a sales test, and after that a second round f2f interview.

Client Refresh Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

The overall hiring process is almost a month. HR communicates mostly thru email, then they will call you. The exam was easy, although it is timed. Candidates are also asked if willing to work in night shift.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about you that is not on your resume   Answer Question

Macquarie Capital Summer(Melb) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Extremely quick and efficient, submitted application online and got a call to sit the psychometric test the next day, followed by first round interview. Was interviewed by the head of hr for MacCap and a 3rd year analyst. Mostly behaviour with a technical and a brain teaser.

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a toll road   Answer Question
    • It takes builder A 20 mins to build a house and builder B 30 mins to build a house, how long does it take if they work together   View Answers (2)

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

1) Telephone interview: basic questions on your background as well as numerical questions. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience in investment banking
    2) Full day assessment in their office
    3) 2 1:1 interview at their headquarters with a VP and an associate. First interview was preceded with a 30-minute preparation for a case study. Both interviewers focused on technical and numerical questions. Be prepared to talk about different valuation techniques.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macquarie Group in July 2014.

Interview the day after I submitted application. Interview with one member from HR and a junior analyst from Mac Cap. Interview was fairly relaxed, a lot of focus on resume and questions about my resume. A few technical questions asking how I'd value a company. One brain teaser type question at the end.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Lengthly and thorough but pretty efficient. HR did a good job of communicating what ended up being several rounds of interview and psychometric testing. All the people were friendly and engaged and asked reasonable questions. There were few surprise or difficult questions. Used specific examples related to my experience and background.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Mostly job related and specific to my background. All were manageable with specific examples as answers.   Answer Question
    small salary increase over initial offer