Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

3.1

IT Professional Interview

It was quite detailed, 3 rounds each lasting about 60 to 75 mins. Remember you have to go through the psychometric test! It can be tiring as it lasts 3+ hrs easily. But overall nice interviewing process where interviewers showed lot of empathy. They asked many scenario based questions, checking how you can react in a level headed manner during such situations. By far the best interviewing process that I have gone through.

Interview Questions
    • Psychometric assessment! Consists of Spatial, Verbal, Numerical reasoning questions each of which could last close up to 30 mins followed by a mega psychometric questionnaire that takes the maximum time (about 100 mins) and effort. Interesting assessment I would say.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2014.

Standard hiring process, call up on the phone interview first, and a week later attended the first interview with team leader. Then booked in a accessement test, followed by another interview with the division manager. Now I have been informed they just completed the reference checking and further info will be known shortly.

Interview Questions
    • Board competency based interview question, no drama.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation

Credit Risk Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Stage 1: Application - CV and Cover letter
    Stage 2: Phone Interview with HR
    Stage 3: Psychometric tests in their London venue: Numerical, Verbal, Inductive Reasoning and Personality
    Stage 4: Final Round Interview with Credit Risk team

Macquarie is pretty quick with their recruitment - I got the phone interview just 2 days after my application.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unusual, however they did ask 2 brainteasers during the phone interview which I didn't expect at this stage. If it takes 2 people 2 hours to build 2 bikes, how many people are needed to build 12 bikes in 6 hours?   View Answer

Executive, Technology - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

I got introduced to Macquaire through a recruitment agency.
    - CV got shortlisted
    - Had first round of telephonic interview, which was more of a compatibility check round, where company's representative will explain about the project, expectations required from candidate
    - Had an online psychometric test and online relevant technology test - nothing tough just fundamental questions
    - Another face-face VC round got scheduled - just technical and functional questions.
    - Salary negotiations with HR
    - Offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Few of the psychometric questions are quite time taking.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Generally the interview process is a 3 step process, interview one may be with your prospective peers, if they like you, the next interview is likely to be with the person who would be your direct manager. This interview is usually all about what you can do for them.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you have enough energy for this job?   View Answer
    Once you recieve an offer you must pass the psychometric testing phase, before contracts are given for sign off. These guys don't negotiate anything at this level.

Division Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Initial interview to screen. Passing that you then go to psychometric testing for 4 hours, a typical shl battery of abstract reasoning, verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning. Despite the rhetoric, people do get offered jobs at Macquarie that don't always do well in these tests, particularly in Manila and India where the standard is relaxed in order to get the numbers required. After this step another 2 or 3 interviews, reference checking including with your current manager and then an offer.

Interview Questions
    Not much scope for negotiation as they still live in the past that they are an employer sought after by employees. The brand has lost it's shine and also has the remuneration. The brand is now a turnoff to future employers due to the arrogance held.

Associate Director Interview

It was a straightforward process.

Java Middleware Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in September 2013.

Day 1
    (1) Psychometric Exam - basically an IQ and Personality Test
    (2) Technical Exam - Java EE
    (3) Interview with Team Leads and Project Manager

The exams took around an hour to 2 hours to finish. I started my exam at 10am and ended almost 12nn so they asked me to go on break first.

I went back at one for the interview with the Team leads (2 of them) and Project Manager.They basically asked me typical interview questions, as well as various technical questions related to the position I was being interviewed for. The interview lasted for around an hour. They were very meticulous in asking me about every detail of my resume.

After one day, they called me up to schedule my final interview.

Day 2
    (1) HR interview
    (2) Video Conference Interview with their bosses presumably in Singapore.

The HR interviewer mostly asked basic questions about my personal motivations for work and what my asking Salary would be and how would I justify it.

The Video Conference lasted for almost an hour as well. I was interviewed by a Singaporean and an Indian manager in Singapore. They asked similar questions to the Team Leads and Project Manager asking me to expound on my experiences related to the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a boss who micromanages you to the point of being annoying, how would you go about handling the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

interviewed at Macquarie Group in September 2013.

I first went through an initial screening on the phone with HR. During the conversation, we went through my CV on my work experience. Essentially I think HR was trying to get a clearer picture of my profile. After that, I had my first face to face interview before proceeding to sit for a psychometric test. Lastly, I had my final interview a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Abstract reasoning portion of the test and some of the behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

one video conference

Interview Questions
    • what is the methodology you use to gather information for a new problem   Answer Question