Macquarie Group

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

I applied online in October 2014, the process took +4 weeks.

A 1st round telephone interview that lasted 20 minutes. Mostly about competensy questions
     why Macquarie, Why this school. Also questions like "tell me about a recent transaction that Macq made" and "tell me about a recent article you read"... 2 brainteasers to finish the interview.
    The interviewer was really nice and answerd all my questions.

Assessment tests: SHL type

Awaiting details for the last round

Summer AnalystFICC Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Apply through internet, Phone interview with HR and Markets.
    HR Brain teaser -

In a class of 78 students 41 are taking French, 22 are taking German. Of the students taking French or German, 9 are taking both courses. How many students are not enrolled in either course?

Markets didn´t call, had forgotten the interview. So I called him...

Interview Questions
    • Even though I applied for FICC, I got a M&A question- What recent M&A deals have Macquarie been involved in?   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Sell Side Analyst Interview

Send my CV through a senior employee and then contact by the HR to process. Firstly a phone interview by two members of the quantitative research team, followed by an assessment centre consisting of SHL tests and a sales test, and after that a second round f2f interview.

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

I responded to an online ad then had a pre-screening interview with HR. This answered a lot of my questions about the role. Once HR was satisfied I had an interview with the group manager.
    The questions were really exploratory and focused on outcomes. Really excellent experience and quite engaging. Interviewer was very honest and willing to answer my questions at the end, talked about their experiences and gave excellent feedback.

Casual Assessment Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

All communications were by email. There were some communication issues to begin with. It was a half hour informal interview. She started off explaining the role, then asked a lot of questions about what I learned in my previous roles to date, why I wanted to work in this area, how I've dealt with difficult clients in the past, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in a casual position as opposed to a full-time position.   Answer Question

Resourcing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Macquarie Group in September 2014.

Macquarie HR (expat) approached me as they found my CV from e-financial. After a casual chat on the phone, she sent me a detailed JD for my consideration. I reverted my interest to them a few days later. However, the HR replied they identified the candidate already.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview by HR was quite standard that she went thru my work experience and expectation. No diffucult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Client Refresh Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

The overall hiring process is almost a month. HR communicates mostly thru email, then they will call you. The exam was easy, although it is timed. Candidates are also asked if willing to work in night shift.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about you that is not on your resume   Answer Question

Macquarie Capital Summer(Melb) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Extremely quick and efficient, submitted application online and got a call to sit the psychometric test the next day, followed by first round interview. Was interviewed by the head of hr for MacCap and a 3rd year analyst. Mostly behaviour with a technical and a brain teaser.

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a toll road   Answer Question
    • It takes builder A 20 mins to build a house and builder B 30 mins to build a house, how long does it take if they work together   View Answers (2)

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

1) Telephone interview: basic questions on your background as well as numerical questions. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience in investment banking
    2) Full day assessment in their office
    3) 2 1:1 interview at their headquarters with a VP and an associate. First interview was preceded with a 30-minute preparation for a case study. Both interviewers focused on technical and numerical questions. Be prepared to talk about different valuation techniques.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macquarie Group in July 2014.

Interview the day after I submitted application. Interview with one member from HR and a junior analyst from Mac Cap. Interview was fairly relaxed, a lot of focus on resume and questions about my resume. A few technical questions asking how I'd value a company. One brain teaser type question at the end.