Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Macquarie Group
- Summer Analyst (22)
- Intern (15)
- Analyst (13)
- Investment Banking Analyst (13)
- Manager (8)
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst (7)
- Associate (6)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Associate Director (5)
- Senior Manager (5)
- Senior Associate (4)
- Executive (3)
- Equity Research (2)
- Equity Research Associate (2)
- Trader (2)
- Settlements Officer (2)
- Finance (2)
- Client Refresh Analyst (2)
- Applications Support (2)
- Java Developer (2)
- KYC Administrators (1)
- Adviser (1)
- Clerk (1)
- Operational Risk Analyst (1)
- Operational Risk Manager (1)
- Junior Sales Trader (1)
- Analyst Programmer (1)
- Intern Software Developer (1)
- IT Support (1)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.
HR / Phone interview, hiring manager interview, vid conference from SYD, vid conference from PHL. Technical exams and aptitude exam. Most fail on aptitude exam, HR gives out sample links and practice exam to aptitude exam so be sure to review. Hiring process is long taking upto two weeks between step. Be patient and stay positive. HR will email if applicant did not pass.
- Why Macquarie Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2015.
2 steeps, first meeting with managers then after receiving positive feedback psychometric test. Test was quite difficult and apparently i did not do well as they picked somebody else fro this position. Interview itself was an avarage difficulty, nothing unusuall
- How to manage compeeting priorities, how to make sure fund is priced correctly, what to check when fund moving not in with benchmark, what would your former manager say about you, what are your weaknesses. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2015.
First do online application. Then online tests (numerical etc). Then called into interview with graduate recruitment person and current HR summer intern. General questions about why finance, why macquarie, why HR, what HR problems do you think macquarie would face, a couple behavioural questions. They ask you what your interests are, which leads into them deciding which stream you will be interviewed into (there are two roles - either talent or remuneration). If you pass this stage, you have an interview with either the talent team, the remuneration team, or both if you are lucky. There are two interviewers for each stream, with big role titles who you would be working for. They ask more specific questions, and more difficult behavioural questions.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.
Had a short interview with HR of the division I was applying for. They were extremely nice and even explained some of the finer differences between different divisions within Macquarie. Also, the office is amazing.
- Do you prefer working alone or in groups? and why? 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New Delhi (India)) in June 2015.
The interview was so much in depth. A good technical discussion. Everything was discussed about current and last company. Role and day to day work. Change management. Problem management. Incident management. Office 365. Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, Lync and OCS 2007. Symantec enterprise vault archiving. Live office. All have been discussed technically. A must to give once. Good experience.
- What is DAG Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.
1. Phone interview with HR - screen you for the role, ask why are you interested in the role, quick background of your skills and what you're looking for in a role. 2. Interview with direct manager 3. Interview with direct manager's manager and another manager within the team. Psychometric Test (3 - 3.5 hours) once successful
- 1. Tell me about yourself 2. How do you deal with irate customers? 3. How do you ensure tasks are completed on time? 4. How do you manage your time? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.
It was the first round phone interview for 30 minutes. The two interviewers are one HR and one senior analyst. The questions are OK, not technically difficult as long as you have the right anchor
- Some routine questions from HR and one case study from analyst Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in May 2015.
The application took for over a month. I applied in the Macquarie website. Right after two hours of sending my resume I received a phone call interview. I was scheduled for a Technical Assessment exam, on that very same day after the exam, I met the hiring manager and the team lead for a panel interview. After the interview I was scheduled to take the psychometric assessment exam in my earliest convenience.
- Typical technical questions regarding, UNIX and SQL scripting. Also, they dig deeper by asking you situation instances in an operation technology division. They will assess your answers if you are fit for the team. If they see you are fit, they will sponsor you to take the psychometric exam. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.
evil, i felt very criticised throughout the whole process. I felt he was pushing me to see how far he could push me. It was a very uncomfortable interview. I was not even allowed to explain my experiences it was just 30mins of brutal criticism
- Why didn&#039;t you get a first 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in May 2015.
Interviewer was very welcoming and made the interview relaxing. Interviewer gave an explanation of the role. He gave me ample time to explain my roles in the past. It wasn't pressured.
- How to pick a stock. 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review