Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.1

Summer AnalystFICC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Interview

Apply through internet, Phone interview with HR and Markets.
    HR Brain teaser -

In a class of 78 students 41 are taking French, 22 are taking German. Of the students taking French or German, 9 are taking both courses. How many students are not enrolled in either course?

Markets didn´t call, had forgotten the interview. So I called him...

Interview Questions

• Even though I applied for FICC, I got a M&A question- What recent M&A deals have Macquarie been involved in?   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Sell Side Analyst Interview

Interview

Send my CV through a senior employee and then contact by the HR to process. Firstly a phone interview by two members of the quantitative research team, followed by an assessment centre consisting of SHL tests and a sales test, and after that a second round f2f interview.

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

I responded to an online ad then had a pre-screening interview with HR. This answered a lot of my questions about the role. Once HR was satisfied I had an interview with the group manager.
    The questions were really exploratory and focused on outcomes. Really excellent experience and quite engaging. Interviewer was very honest and willing to answer my questions at the end, talked about their experiences and gave excellent feedback.

Casual Assessment Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

Interview

All communications were by email. There were some communication issues to begin with. It was a half hour informal interview. She started off explaining the role, then asked a lot of questions about what I learned in my previous roles to date, why I wanted to work in this area, how I've dealt with difficult clients in the past, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a casual position as opposed to a full-time position.   Answer Question

Resourcing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Macquarie Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in September 2014.

Interview

Macquarie HR (expat) approached me as they found my CV from e-financial. After a casual chat on the phone, she sent me a detailed JD for my consideration. I reverted my interest to them a few days later. However, the HR replied they identified the candidate already.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview by HR was quite standard that she went thru my work experience and expectation. No diffucult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Client Refresh Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

The overall hiring process is almost a month. HR communicates mostly thru email, then they will call you. The exam was easy, although it is timed. Candidates are also asked if willing to work in night shift.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that is not on your resume   Answer Question

Macquarie Capital Summer(Melb) Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Extremely quick and efficient, submitted application online and got a call to sit the psychometric test the next day, followed by first round interview. Was interviewed by the head of hr for MacCap and a 3rd year analyst. Mostly behaviour with a technical and a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a toll road   Answer Question
    • It takes builder A 20 mins to build a house and builder B 30 mins to build a house, how long does it take if they work together   3 Answers

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

1) Telephone interview: basic questions on your background as well as numerical questions. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience in investment banking
    2) Full day assessment in their office
    3) 2 1:1 interview at their headquarters with a VP and an associate. First interview was preceded with a 30-minute preparation for a case study. Both interviewers focused on technical and numerical questions. Be prepared to talk about different valuation techniques.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (South Africa)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview the day after I submitted application. Interview with one member from HR and a junior analyst from Mac Cap. Interview was fairly relaxed, a lot of focus on resume and questions about my resume. A few technical questions asking how I'd value a company. One brain teaser type question at the end.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Lengthly and thorough but pretty efficient. HR did a good job of communicating what ended up being several rounds of interview and psychometric testing. All the people were friendly and engaged and asked reasonable questions. There were few surprise or difficult questions. Used specific examples related to my experience and background.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Mostly job related and specific to my background. All were manageable with specific examples as answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

small salary increase over initial offer