Macquarie Group Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

Interview

Initial communication from internal recruiter via email. Interview scheduled promptly. Process was extremely professional. I was interviewed by two attorney-managers who were prompt and courteous and clear. There was no pre-screening. Interviews lasted roughly 30 minutes and were conducted in a prompt and professional manner. A pre-screening interview with the recruiter probably would have made sense in context.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer believed the job was "below" my qualifications and asked questions around that issue. The question wasn't difficult, but the expectation wasn't clear prior to the interview, hence it was surprising.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

- 2 interviews in total. First with direct report manager and 2nd with 2 other project managers. - 1 psych test for the perm role - Asked to talk about yourself and then go through the relevant parts of your experience with the advertised role. - 1-2 interviewers at a time.

Interview Questions

• Technical question about XML structures, system protocols and programming knowledge. Unexpected for a not too technical role itself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2012.

Interview

Everyone seemed very nice and the logistics for the interviews were smooth. People seem generally happy at work.

Interview Questions

• Very few technical questions, most questions were around work history - which was well outlined in the CV, but no one had taken the time to read it before the meeting. So a lot of repetition.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

Very lengthy and stringent. Multiple interactions spanning over a period of almost 6 months and technical discussions, interviews etc. Finally there is a psychometric assessment as well and then salary negotiations.

Negotiation

Very difficult, Indian HR had very poor exposure on hiring process and etiquette.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2009.

Interview

1:1 initial interview about the role and to determine personality type. Standard interview, not too difficult. 2nd phase is to be invited for a psychometric test. Although they say that you cannot fail this test, you can. If you do not achieve a high enough result you will be rejected even if you did really well in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult colleague - how did you handle the conflict?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in April 2008.

Interview

I talked to 5 people in total. 3 through phone interview and 2 by 1 on 1 interview. Most of the interviewers are nice and professional. As this is an typical investment banking interview process, I would highly suggest anybody who want to enter this industry to get well prepared. Be ready for both technical questions and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's pretty smooth.