Macquarie Group Software Developer Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I met with them on campus. I talked with them briefly and was invited to an interview on location, with about 5 other candidates on site. Overall, the employees were laid back and the experience was fun.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my previous technical experiences, as well as code up some simple C functions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I apply at June , and got the phone interview notice after one month. they said wanna set up the phone interview with me. It is the first round phone interview, and the recruiter was very nice, very patient. all the asking question is about H R question like.... why

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I got the interviews for this role through a staffing agency. The process consisted of a very difficult online programming skills test, a phone interview on past experiences, written test ( 3 hours) based on design and coding which was not very difficult, an in person interview with 3 individuals asking technical, programming questions and knowledge about the products, followed by phone interview to speak with members situated outside of New York City. At this point I already received an offer from another company and so ended the interview process here. But as far as I know there would be a couple more steps before the final decision would be made: A Psychometric test and interview with senior management. My overall impression of this company is good. Though the process had been lengthy it was well organized. The interviewers were knowledgable and were very excited about what they do. They were also very transparent about what the role was and what I would be expected to do. It was a very close-knit, positive work culture.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a written technical test and online...I don't know, why I was rejected...probably they consider the time taken...I took longer time than the usual 54 minutes.

Interview Questions

• It was a question on run-time type information (RTTI). I don't remember exactly now.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in December 2009.

Interview

Mixture of behavioural questions and technical questions. Typical questions like introduce yourself, what do you know about the company, etc. For technical question, they asked for past project experience as well as particular features of a technology (.NET garbage collection, etc) Also there was a written question to detect cycle in a linked list.