Macquarie Group

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at my college or university's On Campus Recruitment center in January 2014. There were two interviewers from the firm present. The interview lasted only thirty minutes and overall, it was very relaxed and more conversational in style.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Mostly behavioral. The interviewers were extremely nice and answered all my questions thoroughly   Answer Question

Middlebury, VT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online; phone interviewed by two analysts; basic valuation and fit questions

Interview Question – How do you find WACC for a private company   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews: 1 with a VP, 1 with a Managing Director; 1 Technical (single case with multiple questions), 1 logic/brain teaser/behavioral

Interview Question – Value and form the capital structure for a toll road with an EBITDA of $30M   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – This was a standard banking interview, with a bunch of questions like 'what was your favorite class in college' and 'why do you want to be an investment banking analyst.' One of the two guys who interviewed me looked very sour, and never smiled. The other one looked tired and unhappy, but made an effort to smile a few times.

Interview Question – They also gave me a case: We are pitching to a client who sells batteries, but has been experiencing a decline in sales lately. What recommendations should we make to help them boost their sales?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – step 1:online application- Submit a cv and cover letter

step 2: telephone interview- It was mostly competency based (why mac? why your degree? etc, and only a few brain teasers)

step 3:assessment center tests (numerical, verbal, logical and personality- i believe they were the standard expected shl tests you see in other banks)

step 4: final round interview (still awaiting details)

Interview Question – Why Macquarie?   Answer Question

Interview Details – one video conference

Interview Question – what is the methodology you use to gather information for a new problem   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

Interviewed at Macquarie Group

Interview Details – First round: 15min phone interview, asked standard competency questions e.g. Why Macquarie, why MacCap? Also asked two numerical questions, the cake one shown below and one other. Received email confirming I was through to next round

Second round: 4 tests (numerical, verbal and logical reasoning & personality questionnaire at their London office. Took 2.5 hours approx. SHL tests. Received call to say I was through to final round. Now awaiting final interview.

Interview Question – Do yo know about any recent deals Macquarie have been involved in?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview Details – Applied online, only required c.v and cover letter. Had a phone interview and got through to the next stage (still to come). The phone interview lasted 30 mins, the woman was very friendly. Questions included why Macquarie, why FICC etc, but also why my degree/past experience is relevant to a job in investment banking, when have I been criticized and what have I done since and then some brainteasers at the end.

Interview Question – Brain teasers at the end as they were unexpected from a phone interview: One was a cook can make 2 large cakes per hour or 20 small cakes. We have the kitchen for 3 hours and need 20 large cakes and 220 small cakes. How many cooks do we need?   View Answers (2)

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – I went through 4 rounds of interviews. The first one was interviewed by HR. The second one was an one-site numerical/logical test. The third one was an phone interview with two senior managers. The final round was with the head of Hongkong research group.

Interview Question – In the third round, there would be a lot of technical questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – had first round over phone and went to their Chicago office for personality test. Offered third round with management team, but was later informed they were not hiring.

Interview Question – what's the revenue of an airport?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macquarie Group

Worked for Macquarie Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macquarie Group Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macquarie Group employees and interview candidates.