Macquarie Group

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at my college or university's On Campus Recruitment center in January 2014. There were two interviewers from the firm present. The interview lasted only thirty minutes and overall, it was very relaxed and more conversational in style.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions. Mostly behavioral. The interviewers were extremely nice and answered all my questions thoroughly   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlebury, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlebury, VT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2013.

Applied online; phone interviewed by two analysts; basic valuation and fit questions

Interview Questions
    • How do you find WACC for a private company   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2011.

2 Interviews: 1 with a VP, 1 with a Managing Director; 1 Technical (single case with multiple questions), 1 logic/brain teaser/behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Value and form the capital structure for a toll road with an EBITDA of $30M   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2011.

This was a standard banking interview, with a bunch of questions like 'what was your favorite class in college' and 'why do you want to be an investment banking analyst.' One of the two guys who interviewed me looked very sour, and never smiled. The other one looked tired and unhappy, but made an effort to smile a few times.

Interview Questions
    • They also gave me a case: We are pitching to a client who sells batteries, but has been experiencing a decline in sales lately. What recommendations should we make to help them boost their sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Online application followed by phone interview. Then assessment test (nothing to special->SHL like) and then interviews in their office. It was all mostly about my motivation and background check. There were only a few technical questions, which in my opinion were easy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special really. Why did you choose your most recent school and major?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Online Application - First Round Phone Interview - Second Round Phone Interview - Numerical Tests - Assessment Centre - Different to most other banks as the numerical tests come after interview process.

Interview Questions
    • First round competency based, very friendly - second round done by desk - questions asked about views on current financial issues and regulations   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macquarie Group in July 2014.

Interview the day after I submitted application. Interview with one member from HR and a junior analyst from Mac Cap. Interview was fairly relaxed, a lot of focus on resume and questions about my resume. A few technical questions asking how I'd value a company. One brain teaser type question at the end.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

step 1:online application- Submit a cv and cover letter

step 2: telephone interview- It was mostly competency based (why mac? why your degree? etc, and only a few brain teasers)

step 3:assessment center tests (numerical, verbal, logical and personality- i believe they were the standard expected shl tests you see in other banks)

step 4: final round interview (still awaiting details)

one video conference

Interview Questions
    • what is the methodology you use to gather information for a new problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

First round: 15min phone interview, asked standard competency questions e.g. Why Macquarie, why MacCap? Also asked two numerical questions, the cake one shown below and one other. Received email confirming I was through to next round

Second round: 4 tests (numerical, verbal and logical reasoning & personality questionnaire at their London office. Took 2.5 hours approx. SHL tests. Received call to say I was through to final round. Now awaiting final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do yo know about any recent deals Macquarie have been involved in?   Answer Question