Macquarie Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014
15 interviews

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at my college or university's On Campus Recruitment center in January 2014. There were two interviewers from the firm present. The interview lasted only thirty minutes and overall, it was very relaxed and more conversational in style.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions. Mostly behavioral. The interviewers were extremely nice and answered all my questions thoroughly   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Employee  in  Middlebury, VT
    Anonymous Employee in Middlebury, VT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2013.

Applied online; phone interviewed by two analysts; basic valuation and fit questions

Interview Questions
    • How do you find WACC for a private company   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Macquarie Group in February 2011.

2 Interviews: 1 with a VP, 1 with a Managing Director; 1 Technical (single case with multiple questions), 1 logic/brain teaser/behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Value and form the capital structure for a toll road with an EBITDA of $30M   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2011.

This was a standard banking interview, with a bunch of questions like 'what was your favorite class in college' and 'why do you want to be an investment banking analyst.' One of the two guys who interviewed me looked very sour, and never smiled. The other one looked tired and unhappy, but made an effort to smile a few times.

Interview Questions
    • They also gave me a case: We are pitching to a client who sells batteries, but has been experiencing a decline in sales lately. What recommendations should we make to help them boost their sales?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney (South Africa)
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney (South Africa)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Macquarie Group in July 2014.

Interview the day after I submitted application. Interview with one member from HR and a junior analyst from Mac Cap. Interview was fairly relaxed, a lot of focus on resume and questions about my resume. A few technical questions asking how I'd value a company. One brain teaser type question at the end.

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

step 1:online application- Submit a cv and cover letter

step 2: telephone interview- It was mostly competency based (why mac? why your degree? etc, and only a few brain teasers)

step 3:assessment center tests (numerical, verbal, logical and personality- i believe they were the standard expected shl tests you see in other banks)

step 4: final round interview (still awaiting details)

one video conference

Interview Questions
    • what is the methodology you use to gather information for a new problem   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

First round: 15min phone interview, asked standard competency questions e.g. Why Macquarie, why MacCap? Also asked two numerical questions, the cake one shown below and one other. Received email confirming I was through to next round

Second round: 4 tests (numerical, verbal and logical reasoning & personality questionnaire at their London office. Took 2.5 hours approx. SHL tests. Received call to say I was through to final round. Now awaiting final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do yo know about any recent deals Macquarie have been involved in?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Applied online, only required c.v and cover letter. Had a phone interview and got through to the next stage (still to come). The phone interview lasted 30 mins, the woman was very friendly. Questions included why Macquarie, why FICC etc, but also why my degree/past experience is relevant to a job in investment banking, when have I been criticized and what have I done since and then some brainteasers at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teasers at the end as they were unexpected from a phone interview: One was a cook can make 2 large cakes per hour or 20 small cakes. We have the kitchen for 3 hours and need 20 large cakes and 220 small cakes. How many cooks do we need?   View Answers (2)

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2011.

I went through 4 rounds of interviews. The first one was interviewed by HR. The second one was an one-site numerical/logical test. The third one was an phone interview with two senior managers. The final round was with the head of Hongkong research group.

Interview Questions
    • In the third round, there would be a lot of technical questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Macquarie Group? Contribute to the Community!