Macquarie Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

First round was half hour interview with two interviewers-- one sort of played good cop while the other played bad cop. Asked mostly behavior questions, then some basic facts about the company as well as any interests in the markets. A few brain teasers but nothing too tricky.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at Macquarie Group in January 2015.

Interview

Took one week, first was a phone interview, followed by three SHL tests (numeric, verbal, abstract) and two personality tests. Interviewer, a VP, was great, engaging, questions not too technical, more personality / fit based. Seemingly great environment in NY office, quickly growing in US infrastructure / commodity markets. Interviewer answered all of my questions thoroughly, had great things to say about his experience at the company. Still waiting to hear results of assessments and information about the final screening.

Interview Questions

• Why my major? Why my school? Why would I be a good fit for the job? Wanted to know how acquainted I was with commodities markets and recent deals that Mac. had done.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at my college or university's On Campus Recruitment center in January 2014. There were two interviewers from the firm present. The interview lasted only thirty minutes and overall, it was very relaxed and more conversational in style.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Mostly behavioral. The interviewers were extremely nice and answered all my questions thoroughly   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Middlebury, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (Middlebury, VT) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online; phone interviewed by two analysts; basic valuation and fit questions

Interview Questions

• How do you find WACC for a private company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

2 Interviews: 1 with a VP, 1 with a Managing Director; 1 Technical (single case with multiple questions), 1 logic/brain teaser/behavioral

Interview Questions

• Value and form the capital structure for a toll road with an EBITDA of $30M   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

This was a standard banking interview, with a bunch of questions like 'what was your favorite class in college' and 'why do you want to be an investment banking analyst.' One of the two guys who interviewed me looked very sour, and never smiled. The other one looked tired and unhappy, but made an effort to smile a few times.

Interview Questions

• They also gave me a case: We are pitching to a client who sells batteries, but has been experiencing a decline in sales lately. What recommendations should we make to help them boost their sales?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Applied in Novermber and waited for approximately 3-4 weeks for the telephone interview. attended AC in December. AC is fairly straight forward and consists of the standard SHL numerical, verbal and logical test.

Interview Questions

• how do you analyse the profitability of a given company   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Online application followed by phone interview. Then assessment test (nothing to special->SHL like) and then interviews in their office. It was all mostly about my motivation and background check. There were only a few technical questions, which in my opinion were easy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special really. Why did you choose your most recent school and major?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Online Application - First Round Phone Interview - Second Round Phone Interview - Numerical Tests - Assessment Centre - Different to most other banks as the numerical tests come after interview process.

Interview Questions

• First round competency based, very friendly - second round done by desk - questions asked about views on current financial issues and regulations   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macquarie Group in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online in October 2014, the process took +4 weeks.

A 1st round telephone interview that lasted 20 minutes. Mostly about competensy questions
     why Macquarie, Why this school. Also questions like "tell me about a recent transaction that Macq made" and "tell me about a recent article you read"... 2 brainteasers to finish the interview.
    The interviewer was really nice and answerd all my questions.

Assessment tests: SHL type

Awaiting details for the last round