Macy's Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

1.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

They actually reached out to me off the strength of my resume. The first interview went really well, but I began to worry, because it took them a month to get back to me. After landing the second interview I was ecstatic, just like the first the second interview went fairly well. Typical interview questions, flowing conversation and really nice employees.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is a negative quality about yourself?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Macy's (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received an email invitation to set up an interview the following week. I went to the interview on a Monday and was told I was the first person interviewed and would hear by the end of the week. I got an email 6 weeks later saying I had not received the position.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer follows a script of basic questions, nothing difficult.... Give us a time when you received excellent customer service....   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Lynnwood, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process is a joke. The job only pays $10.45 an hour for hr type work. Insulting. Filling out online application and checking salary ranges you would except like $16.00 or more and still get an interview to be told its $10.45 was a shock and waste of time and energy.

Interview Questions

• How little the job pays. After being told what the job actually pays i was asked if i wanted to continue with the interview, i said no, i havent been paid that low of a wage since i was a teen, and that was many years ago. I will never apply for a job at macys in the future   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Interviewed with one department, they went with another candidate. Went back about 2 weeks later to interview for another department, they hired me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Merritt Island, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The scheduling of the interview is automated so you get an email to schedule you own interview. I understand the reason but still think it's a bit impersonal. Then I got a call to change the time anyway! Oh well....no biggie! The people I met with were super great.

Interview Questions

• There were not any questions that I felt were in any way difficult but I would encourage all those newly entering the market place to review interview questions or practice with someone. They ask the standard questions like team work examples, difficult situation you've been in and how you dealt with it, etc....   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Overland Park, KS) in November 2013.

Interview

After applying for the Administrative support position for HR, I was contact via email to set up an appointment to speak with a hiring manager. The reason I applied for the position is because it was part time and I'd be performing basic HR duties which was appealing since I recently graduated with an HR degree. Once I arrived at the store and waited for 10 mins, two employees introduced themselves and informed me that the position I applied for had been filled BUT they wanted to interview me for a holiday sales associate position. I said "No Thanks" and left, in the small print during the appointment set up they said this could happen. However, the fact that the position was previously filled and I had driven through intense traffic after work was a complete waste and I was pretty pissed. Doing that to people is extremely unprofessional and actually insulting considering the person's resume,previous experience and position they originally applied for. Macy's at Metcalf South could have just sent an email notifying myself the position was filed and good luck on my job search....NEVER AGAIN!

Interview Questions

• There were none as soon as I was informed the position I applied for I respectfully declined the holiday sales position.   Answer Question

not the job I applied for.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Mishawaka, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with a supervisor. My interview process was not typical because it turned out I knew the interviewer so it was a no brainer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Sent out an application online. Set up interview a few days later. I can see that the interviewer was pretty inexperienced and was told she was an AA also. Asked routine questions such as why Macy's? What is your experience as an AA? Went on to ask situational questions. Process was quick and impersonal. Had the impression she was more interested in being able to read through her questions instead of interacting with the applicant. She was very nice though.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Laguna Hills, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online, they sent an email with a link to schedule appointment for interview. Waited 15 minute, interview was a 5-7 minute affair. Asked about why I thought I would be a good fit, previous experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Desribe a time when it was hard for you to provide good customer service.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the AST Associate position. I got an email back with an interview date and time. When I went there, it was AST Supervisor who took my interview. It was almost an hour long and he described me what the position was about and other details about the job. After that he told me that AST position is no more available and if I want I can join there Sales team, which was awkward for me because I went there for a different position. I did not accept the offer for a Sales position.