Macy's Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

1.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

I applied online and 3 days later received an email asking to schedule and interview. I arrived early and went back into the room with the interviewer. She was very nice and easy to talk to. I thought everything went well and the interviewer said she would let me know one way or the other by the weeks end, and I never heard anything again.

Interview Questions
  • Standard list of questions they were reading off a script. Nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2014.

Interview process is a joke. The job only pays $10.45 an hour for hr type work. Insulting. Filling out online application and checking salary ranges you would except like $16.00 or more and still get an interview to be told its $10.45 was a shock and waste of time and energy.

Interview Questions
    • How little the job pays. After being told what the job actually pays i was asked if i wanted to continue with the interview, i said no, i havent been paid that low of a wage since i was a teen, and that was many years ago. I will never apply for a job at macys in the future   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interviewed with one department, they went with another candidate. Went back about 2 weeks later to interview for another department, they hired me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merritt Island, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merritt Island, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in January 2014.

The scheduling of the interview is automated so you get an email to schedule you own interview. I understand the reason but still think it's a bit impersonal. Then I got a call to change the time anyway! Oh well....no biggie! The people I met with were super great.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any questions that I felt were in any way difficult but I would encourage all those newly entering the market place to review interview questions or practice with someone. They ask the standard questions like team work examples, difficult situation you've been in and how you dealt with it, etc....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

After applying for the Administrative support position for HR, I was contact via email to set up an appointment to speak with a hiring manager. The reason I applied for the position is because it was part time and I'd be performing basic HR duties which was appealing since I recently graduated with an HR degree. Once I arrived at the store and waited for 10 mins, two employees introduced themselves and informed me that the position I applied for had been filled BUT they wanted to interview me for a holiday sales associate position. I said "No Thanks" and left, in the small print during the appointment set up they said this could happen. However, the fact that the position was previously filled and I had driven through intense traffic after work was a complete waste and I was pretty pissed. Doing that to people is extremely unprofessional and actually insulting considering the person's resume,previous experience and position they originally applied for. Macy's at Metcalf South could have just sent an email notifying myself the position was filed and good luck on my job search....NEVER AGAIN!

Interview Questions
    • There were none as soon as I was informed the position I applied for I respectfully declined the holiday sales position.   Answer Question

not the job I applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mishawaka, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

I interviewed with a supervisor. My interview process was not typical because it turned out I knew the interviewer so it was a no brainer.

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2011.

Sent out an application online. Set up interview a few days later. I can see that the interviewer was pretty inexperienced and was told she was an AA also. Asked routine questions such as why Macy's? What is your experience as an AA? Went on to ask situational questions. Process was quick and impersonal. Had the impression she was more interested in being able to read through her questions instead of interacting with the applicant. She was very nice though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laguna Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in May 2011.

Applied online, they sent an email with a link to schedule appointment for interview. Waited 15 minute, interview was a 5-7 minute affair. Asked about why I thought I would be a good fit, previous experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Desribe a time when it was hard for you to provide good customer service.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in February 2011.

I applied online for the AST Associate position. I got an email back with an interview date and time. When I went there, it was AST Supervisor who took my interview. It was almost an hour long and he described me what the position was about and other details about the job. After that he told me that AST position is no more available and if I want I can join there Sales team, which was awkward for me because I went there for a different position. I did not accept the offer for a Sales position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tracy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in August 2010.

I applied on-line. Got an e-mail for an interview in 2 days. It was very busy. My interviewer got interupted at least 3-4 times. She asked the standard questions and talked very fast. She said she had 8 interviews the next day. Don't know how she'll pick someone.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever observe anyone breaking the rules and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!