Macy's

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in January 2012.

Got to the interview site. Very neat and well laid out. First bad sign was when the interview came out of her office and stared at my Aldo pumps for like two minutes before introducing herself. She then commented on how nice my clothes were. Really? This is a business interview. Let's get our priorities straight. We proceeded to talk. Background questions, employment history, personality questions. Then she told me I seemed like a great fit. Then she proceeded to describe a postion that did not match the one i applied for. Instead of an administrative support associate, I'd be in the office, on the floor, in the stockroom, in the field, doing EVERYTHING a manager would do, but for just $9.00 measly dollars. I promptly thanked her for her time and said I would not be interested. I felt totally mislead. Please post REAL job descriptions on your website so people can actually decide if they want to work under those conditions. Office setting was very neat but the people were underdressed and seemed to take offense to my professional appearance. I would verify the requirements of the position before going to an interview unless your just desperate for employment. And also don't dress too well.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Administrative Support Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Was invited to schedule myself for an interview and used their online computer system to schedule myself for a good date and time. I really liked that feature. Interview was scheduled but the person conducting the interview was not named. I called a few times to get this information and be prepared, but no one answered the phones. Met with a very nice supervisor. However, the position I applied for and the interviewed for had different details. I applied for a full time position, but was told the position was a temporary part time, flex position meaning a (winter) seasonal, part time position was a guaranteed 12 housr p er week. I felt misled. I did not like that flex positions schedules seem to change every week. That means its almost like an on-call position. I was asked questions that were read off a paper. Questions included: Tell me about a time when you saw a co-worker being dishonest. How would you respond. Tell me about a conflict you've had at work. How did you respond? Were you successful in resolving the conflict? Why do you want to work for Macy's? Give an example of working on a team. There were a few others I could not recall. I was told the questions you are asked depend on how you fill out the application. I did not like the way I was mislead about the position and stopped the interview midway to let them know I was no longer interested. I hope this helps someone else out there before deciding to attend the interview.

Interview Questions
    • As an administrative support person who is your first priority?   View Answer

Administrative Support Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's in February 2012.

I filled out an application online and then they sent me an email to schedule a time and day. I went in the following week and sat down with the human resources manager. She had to ask questions that were listed on a piece of paper where she would then write notes about what I said. In retail you really need to play by corporate's rules when your store is run by a company.

The human resource manager was an older lady, and what surprised me was that she did not seem to know what to ask me after she ran out of the listed questions. From what I remember the interview was less than 10 minutes, and that was including my questions.

It turned out they did not have the available hours I was looking for, so I do not know if that was why i was not hired but it is possible. She just told me that they were in "the first stages of the interviewing process" and so forth. She seemed nice enough but I had an inward desire to say "sure you are." My friend once interviewed with them, and said they did not seem serious about the interview. They did not give him a chance to answer all the questions, and they actually told him that they "do not currently have any available positions." I have heard that Macy's hires candidates before they even interview everybody...brilliant.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How familiar are you with software such as excel, Microsoft word, Internet explorer etc..   Answer Question
    • We have a very strict attendance policy can you abide by that?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience in an office environment?   Answer Question