Macy's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.4

Fitting Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online. Got a link for an interview in about less than 30 minutes. The interview, for me, was pretty quick. Even though I was declined the job, the lady interviewing was pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you get an customer to buy additional items?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went online and filled out the application. I received an email a few days later to let me know that I am scheduled to receive a phone interview. My phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and she asked about 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you let a customer know that he made a successful purchase?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a long process. Asked a lot if questions heard they hired on the spot. Don't know how I did but hopefully u get a call back fingers crossed

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied a week before the date of my interview. The process was pretty smooth. I sat in a room with an interviewer and he asked me a lot of questions. He wrote my answers down on a piece of paper as I answered them.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email the following week. I had a bit of trouble scheduling the initial interview, but after that it was easy. I arrived 15 minutes early, and had to sign in. Later, I was taken to another room where I met with an interviewing manager. I answered every question honestly, and even explained that there where some questions I could not answer at the time as I did not have all the information necessary. 4 days later I received another email explaining that my availability is what cost me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to purchase a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contact 4 days later to setup a face to face interview via email. I arrived 15 mins early to the interview. I was a little skeptical about who would be conducting my interview after reading other reviews that said Macy's pulled a bait and switch on what position they interviewed candidates for however I was indeed interviewed for the correct position by the visual manager. He was nice the interview was very laid back. I interviewed three weeks ago for the position and never received a rejection or acceptance. However Macy's contacted me yesterday and asked if I'd be interested in a sales or support position I declined and let HR know that I only had interest in the position in which I interviewed which was "still open" so she said she'd email the manager to let him know I was still intrested.I think Macy's could do better with being up front about there company needs and stop wasting peoples time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and Received an interview request about one week later. They require for you to schedule the interview online. The process took about one week and 2 days to get an answer after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy, not sure what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Flex Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

First you meet with the intial interviewer, then you meet with the department manager that needs a position filled.

I had an interview at the Macy's , the Lenox Square mall location. The interviewer was very unprofessional interviewer. I come from a legal background with more than 10 years experience and moved to Atlanta a few months ago. Decided that I wanted to get a part time job in the evenings, so I applied at Macy's. I had worked at Macy's previously back home a few years back. The interviewer mentioned something about "fake it till you make it", which I did not understand, what he was implying so I didn't respond, I let him talk. Then he likened me to his mother, saying how she was very smart and well put together and she was very logical. He said that he felt like I thought about my responses to his questions. Which, I thought I was suppose to do. Then after comparing me to his mother he mumbled that they don't get along. I was amazing how unprofessional he was. He should have kept his mommy issues to himself and not let it cloud his judgement. Needless to say I did not get the job but I was really flabgasted by his lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What type of outfit would you wear to have brunch with friends?   Answer Question

Seasonal Selling Floor Recovery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at Macy's on a Saturday. I sat in the waiting room until they finally got to me and went to the back with my interviewer. She was very nice and complimented me on the coat I had on. She began the interview and asked me questions while writing down her responses on the packet she had with her. I was asked questions such as why Macy's?, describe a time when you dealt with a specific situation, about working with electronic devices, and about my availability. In the end, my interviewer told me that I should receive a phone call the week after my interview but I did not receive a phone call or email to tell me the outcome. Overall, it was a great experience because it was my first time going on an actual job interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade a customer to sign up for a Macy's card?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Recruited by former supervisor. Interviewed with the store manager and then the account coordinator and account executive. Had a lot of experience in cosmetics and counter management so the interview process was more of a get to know you now vs. your management style from the past.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a difficult question that I could recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Difficult negotiation because I wanted a higher hourly rate because of my experience and it took a while to get it, but I eventually did.