Macy's

Updated Jan 4, 2015

2.4

Seasonal Selling Floor Recovery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I interviewed at Macy's on a Saturday. I sat in the waiting room until they finally got to me and went to the back with my interviewer. She was very nice and complimented me on the coat I had on. She began the interview and asked me questions while writing down her responses on the packet she had with her. I was asked questions such as why Macy's?, describe a time when you dealt with a specific situation, about working with electronic devices, and about my availability. In the end, my interviewer told me that I should receive a phone call the week after my interview but I did not receive a phone call or email to tell me the outcome. Overall, it was a great experience because it was my first time going on an actual job interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade a customer to sign up for a Macy's card?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Recruited by former supervisor. Interviewed with the store manager and then the account coordinator and account executive. Had a lot of experience in cosmetics and counter management so the interview process was more of a get to know you now vs. your management style from the past.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult question that I could recall.   Answer Question
    Difficult negotiation because I wanted a higher hourly rate because of my experience and it took a while to get it, but I eventually did.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Applied online and within three days received an email asking me to schedule an interview, did so for the next day. Was called that morning and told they had filled the position (^: but asked if I still wanted to be interviewed or if I would like to be placed on a waiting list for the next available opening

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Met recruiter at a college career fair. Followed up with an email and established some rapport, then applied online via college portal. I was then extended an invitation to attend an on-campus information/Q&A session followed by an on-campus interview (round one). I heard back about 2 weeks later, and made it through to the second, and final, round of interviews, which was an on-site interview at the Macy's regional offices that took place 3 weeks after the initial interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Basic customer service questions. They ask questions about how I have dealt with a difficult customer. How I work in a team. etc. Explain about all the changes that was going in the company to better serve the customers and asked if I was still interested.

NONE

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

This was my first interview so I was very nervous. I can called into the back and got interviewed with one of the managers there. The questions were pretty simple. Of course they ask "Why Macy's?" and the other standard questions. They were mostly based on group experiences like, "name a time where someone you worked with lied to you". You also need to explain how you'd sell a Macy's card. Just relax and be yourself it's not that hard. I liked my interviewer but they didn't have an opening in the department I was qualified for.

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Applied online. After a couple days got an email telling me to schedule an interview. The first available interview time was 5 days out. Arrived at store 20 minutes early and was taken back right away. Was guaranteed a minimum of 25 hours weekly.

Interesting fact for others: I have multiple tattoos and facial piercings as well as pink streaks in my hair. None of this was an issue. All I was told was that the dress code is black.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were no so much difficult as thought provoking. Many questions about integrity in the workplace and dealing with difficult co-workers and customers. It is also helpful to have a general knowledge of the brands that Macy's sells as well as some general retail knowledge.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The interviewer and I established a rapport from the start and after about 10 minutes, I was hired.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Went to an on campus information session then applied. Was contacted for a first round interview on campus, was contacted a week later to take online assessments. Its been over two months and I have not heard anything from them while I do know people who were flown to NYC for the final round and were given offers.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

The process was a little lengthy but in the end it was good.

Interview Questions
    They offered me more than I asked for.

Part-time Shoes Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Macy's.

I interviewed days after completing the talent assessment. Was hired part-time for Christmas holiday and was hired on as full-time after the holiday. I made an impression of being positive and going beyond expectations to satisfy the customer. I showed initiative and asked related questions for the position. I was given the opportunity to choose a position between fine jewelry or ladies shoes.

Interview Questions
    Human Resources offered the hourly, and a commission. I had limited experience in retail at this time.