Macy's

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Interview Details – Beware easy come esay go... Research your company people really? I am shocked by the lack or preperation people went to as I waited to be interviewed.

Interview Question – What makes you a great fit for Macy's   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Specialist Interview

Sales Associate - Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed for seasonal position. Hired on the spot. The culture of Macy's is every customer should leave happier than when they came in. The Interview was fairly easy. I was fresh out of college. They asked basic questions pertaining to customer service and selling abilities. Google retail interview questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At the time I needed a job desperately so I did not even think to negotiate since what I was offered was more than I previously made. Now I wish I would have tried as I have a Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design and Marketing and don't even get $10/hr

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Basic customer service questions. They ask questions about how I have dealt with a difficult customer. How I work in a team. etc. Explain about all the changes that was going in the company to better serve the customers and asked if I was still interested.

Interview Question – All of the questions were easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NONE

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – This was my first interview so I was very nervous. I can called into the back and got interviewed with one of the managers there. The questions were pretty simple. Of course they ask "Why Macy's?" and the other standard questions. They were mostly based on group experiences like, "name a time where someone you worked with lied to you". You also need to explain how you'd sell a Macy's card. Just relax and be yourself it's not that hard. I liked my interviewer but they didn't have an opening in the department I was qualified for.

Interview Question – Name a time someone lied to you   View Answers (2)

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

Interview Details – My interview at Macy's was very laid back. I went in dressed up, met with a hiring manager, we discussed my past work experiences and how I'd go about handling things that could arise at Macy's. It's a pretty staight forward interview, it's not too difficult to pass. Macy's standards are pretty relaxed to me.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Wedding Consultant Interview

Wedding Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Macy's in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was held by a manager of another department who knew nothing about the position and read the interview questions. This individual had trouble reading and correctly pronouncing the words. When I asked the interviewer questions they did not know one single answer.

Interview Question – Not one single question was challenging or difficult   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was all on their terms and they would not consider any negotiating whatsoever.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in February 2013.

Interview Details – Macy's uses a email system to contact you for interview's. For the Sales Associate position usually only requires one interview. The environment is great and you work with a wide variety of personalities and you work people of many different ethnic backgrounds. They are equal opportunity.

Interview Question – Do you know how to read?   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed at 2 locations. First location scheduled me an interview but had no open positions available. Applied to another location, no interview spots available for about 2 weeks. Interview Process was easy..getting an interview was more difficult.

Interview Question – Easy Interview, Lasted about 5 mins max only question really asked is "Why do I want to work for Macy's?" Person that interview me did most of the talking. Wasn't really asked many questions. They do ask what dept you want to work in. But it really doesn't matter if that dept doesn't have any openings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. First retail Job.

Executive Development Program Interview

Executive Development Program
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details – Went to an on campus information session then applied. Was contacted for a first round interview on campus, was contacted a week later to take online assessments. Its been over two months and I have not heard anything from them while I do know people who were flown to NYC for the final round and were given offers.

Interview Question – Completely behavioral   Answer Question

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Holiday Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. After a couple days got an email telling me to schedule an interview. The first available interview time was 5 days out. Arrived at store 20 minutes early and was taken back right away. Was guaranteed a minimum of 25 hours weekly.

Interesting fact for others: I have multiple tattoos and facial piercings as well as pink streaks in my hair. None of this was an issue. All I was told was that the dress code is black.

Interview Questions

• Questions were no so much difficult as thought provoking. Many questions about integrity in the workplace and dealing with difficult co-workers and customers. It is also helpful to have a general knowledge of the brands that Macy's sells as well as some general retail knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The interviewer and I established a rapport from the start and after about 10 minutes, I was hired.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!