Macy's

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandiser Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

Interview Details – My interview at Macy's was very laid back. I went in dressed up, met with a hiring manager, we discussed my past work experiences and how I'd go about handling things that could arise at Macy's. It's a pretty staight forward interview, it's not too difficult to pass. Macy's standards are pretty relaxed to me.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Wedding Consultant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Macy's in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was held by a manager of another department who knew nothing about the position and read the interview questions. This individual had trouble reading and correctly pronouncing the words. When I asked the interviewer questions they did not know one single answer.

Interview Question – Not one single question was challenging or difficult   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was all on their terms and they would not consider any negotiating whatsoever.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in February 2013.

Interview Details – Macy's uses a email system to contact you for interview's. For the Sales Associate position usually only requires one interview. The environment is great and you work with a wide variety of personalities and you work people of many different ethnic backgrounds. They are equal opportunity.

Interview Question – Do you know how to read?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed at 2 locations. First location scheduled me an interview but had no open positions available. Applied to another location, no interview spots available for about 2 weeks. Interview Process was easy..getting an interview was more difficult.

Interview Question – Easy Interview, Lasted about 5 mins max only question really asked is "Why do I want to work for Macy's?" Person that interview me did most of the talking. Wasn't really asked many questions. They do ask what dept you want to work in. But it really doesn't matter if that dept doesn't have any openings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. First retail Job.

Executive Development Program Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details – Went to an on campus information session then applied. Was contacted for a first round interview on campus, was contacted a week later to take online assessments. Its been over two months and I have not heard anything from them while I do know people who were flown to NYC for the final round and were given offers.

Interview Question – Completely behavioral   Answer Question

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. After a couple days got an email telling me to schedule an interview. The first available interview time was 5 days out. Arrived at store 20 minutes early and was taken back right away. Was guaranteed a minimum of 25 hours weekly.

Interesting fact for others: I have multiple tattoos and facial piercings as well as pink streaks in my hair. None of this was an issue. All I was told was that the dress code is black.

Interview Questions

• Questions were no so much difficult as thought provoking. Many questions about integrity in the workplace and dealing with difficult co-workers and customers. It is also helpful to have a general knowledge of the brands that Macy's sells as well as some general retail knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The interviewer and I established a rapport from the start and after about 10 minutes, I was hired.

On Call Sales Associate Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was straightforward. If selected you will be contacted by email.

Interview Question – Give me a situation when you went over and beyond a customer expectations   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part-time Shoes Associate Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – I interviewed days after completing the talent assessment. Was hired part-time for Christmas holiday and was hired on as full-time after the holiday. I made an impression of being positive and going beyond expectations to satisfy the customer. I showed initiative and asked related questions for the position. I was given the opportunity to choose a position between fine jewelry or ladies shoes.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer was angry or irate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Human Resources offered the hourly, and a commission. I had limited experience in retail at this time.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was sent an automated email. I scheduled my interview for a week later and the next day after my interview, was sent an email saying they were not going to consider me.

The interview was not so pleasant because the interviewer seemed disinterested and answered her device twice or well, at least checked it and she did not ask many questions as my other Macy's interview for retail sails associate. Also, Macy's should reconsider the automated email and let you know prior to wasting your time in an interview that you do not qualify.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited through my career resource center at my university. I introduced myself at a career fair, dropped off my resume and interviewed on campus a few weeks later. After that round, I was invited to fly to Baltimore for a second round interview at a district office in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavioral, but they did require you to analyze the business for ten minutes and then present on who you would coach/change.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.