Macy's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.3

Fitting Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online. Got a link for an interview in about less than 30 minutes. The interview, for me, was pretty quick. Even though I was declined the job, the lady interviewing was pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you get an customer to buy additional items?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went online and filled out the application. I received an email a few days later to let me know that I am scheduled to receive a phone interview. My phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and she asked about 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you let a customer know that he made a successful purchase?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a long process. Asked a lot if questions heard they hired on the spot. Don't know how I did but hopefully u get a call back fingers crossed

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took about a week. I applied online and then soon received an email to schedule my own interview. The interview took about 20 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and the process was simple.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?
      Describe an instance where you had to sell an idea or product.
      Do you mind touching other people's faces?

Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

After reading about other people's experiences with applying for this position , I was prepared going into my interview for someone to tell me this position was filled, not know that I had an appointment, etc. I called the HR office at the store that morning to confirm my appointment since I scheduled it online and never talked to an actual person. I got an answering machine-no one returned my call. When I arrived, I was quickly introduced to the person who was interviewing me. He was friendly and enthusiastic. The interview was very basic-he asked typical questions and we walked around the store so he could show me some of the marketing materials. HOWEVER, he tried to sell me on going to a different store location the entire time-a location that's in a VERY dangerous part of town. He kept telling me what a great fit I would be for that store and that I would be able to work more independently there. He was showing me things around the store in a way that seemed like he was telling me what the other location was having problems with and what I would need to fix over there. I think they were trying to bring in people for interviews at a popular store so they could try and talk them into going to another location that probably isn't receiving many applicants since it's in a dangerous area. Very sketchy!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a co-worker who was doing something dishonest. (Stealing, lying, etc.)   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied a week before the date of my interview. The process was pretty smooth. I sat in a room with an interviewer and he asked me a lot of questions. He wrote my answers down on a piece of paper as I answered them.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Decatur, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was simple and relatively quick for me. I submitted my application at the beginning of the week and was offered to schedule and interview towed the end of the week. When I went to my interview the interviewer was kind and energetic. It went smoothly and I made sure my answers were substantial but also concise. It went so well he offered me a position on the spot and I started training the following week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if I was a customer interested in purchasing a dress shirt for a job interview?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation in which you had to do something outside of your comfort zone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Many of our customers use various forms of media to communicate with each other and our branches to browse our products and make purchases. How familiar are you with today's technology and social media? How often do you use social media?   Answer Question

Negotiation

He offered to negotiate an hourly wage with the initial offer being $9 an hour, but with this being my first job there was really no reason to negotiate. I wasn't getting minimum wage (in GA, $7.25) so I was good.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email the following week. I had a bit of trouble scheduling the initial interview, but after that it was easy. I arrived 15 minutes early, and had to sign in. Later, I was taken to another room where I met with an interviewing manager. I answered every question honestly, and even explained that there where some questions I could not answer at the time as I did not have all the information necessary. 4 days later I received another email explaining that my availability is what cost me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to purchase a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contact 4 days later to setup a face to face interview via email. I arrived 15 mins early to the interview. I was a little skeptical about who would be conducting my interview after reading other reviews that said Macy's pulled a bait and switch on what position they interviewed candidates for however I was indeed interviewed for the correct position by the visual manager. He was nice the interview was very laid back. I interviewed three weeks ago for the position and never received a rejection or acceptance. However Macy's contacted me yesterday and asked if I'd be interested in a sales or support position I declined and let HR know that I only had interest in the position in which I interviewed which was "still open" so she said she'd email the manager to let him know I was still intrested.I think Macy's could do better with being up front about there company needs and stop wasting peoples time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and Received an interview request about one week later. They require for you to schedule the interview online. The process took about one week and 2 days to get an answer after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy, not sure what they were looking for.   Answer Question