Macy's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied a week before the date of my interview. The process was pretty smooth. I sat in a room with an interviewer and he asked me a lot of questions. He wrote my answers down on a piece of paper as I answered them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and Received an interview request about one week later. They require for you to schedule the interview online. The process took about one week and 2 days to get an answer after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy, not sure what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Flex Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

First you meet with the intial interviewer, then you meet with the department manager that needs a position filled.

I had an interview at the Macy's , the Lenox Square mall location. The interviewer was very unprofessional interviewer. I come from a legal background with more than 10 years experience and moved to Atlanta a few months ago. Decided that I wanted to get a part time job in the evenings, so I applied at Macy's. I had worked at Macy's previously back home a few years back. The interviewer mentioned something about "fake it till you make it", which I did not understand, what he was implying so I didn't respond, I let him talk. Then he likened me to his mother, saying how she was very smart and well put together and she was very logical. He said that he felt like I thought about my responses to his questions. Which, I thought I was suppose to do. Then after comparing me to his mother he mumbled that they don't get along. I was amazing how unprofessional he was. He should have kept his mommy issues to himself and not let it cloud his judgement. Needless to say I did not get the job but I was really flabgasted by his lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What type of outfit would you wear to have brunch with friends?   Answer Question

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online in late October. Got an email the same day saying I would be getting a call soon. I waited and got a bit discouraged until I got a call in early November for a phone interview. Call was a little over 15 minutes and the questions were pretty easy. Was offered a position on the phone.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult one I can think of was along the lines of what I would do if I caught someone doing something bad (at work, school, etc)   Answer Question

Seasonal Selling Floor Recovery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at Macy's on a Saturday. I sat in the waiting room until they finally got to me and went to the back with my interviewer. She was very nice and complimented me on the coat I had on. She began the interview and asked me questions while writing down her responses on the packet she had with her. I was asked questions such as why Macy's?, describe a time when you dealt with a specific situation, about working with electronic devices, and about my availability. In the end, my interviewer told me that I should receive a phone call the week after my interview but I did not receive a phone call or email to tell me the outcome. Overall, it was a great experience because it was my first time going on an actual job interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade a customer to sign up for a Macy's card?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Decatur, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a request for an interview two days later. You schedule interviews online and no slots were available for a week. When I was able to schedule an interview there was one day available and 2 time slots 4pm and 4:30pm. The interview was straight forward asking for previous experience handling different situations. The interview took 15 min.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a co-worker stealing how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I could not negotiate the pay

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Recruited by former supervisor. Interviewed with the store manager and then the account coordinator and account executive. Had a lot of experience in cosmetics and counter management so the interview process was more of a get to know you now vs. your management style from the past.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a difficult question that I could recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Difficult negotiation because I wanted a higher hourly rate because of my experience and it took a while to get it, but I eventually did.

Full Time Clinique Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Basically as in ALL Macy's positions, if nit more in cosmetics, the focus should be SALES, SALES SALES, and customer service. The interview was pretty simple. I had 2 interviews in one day plus a phone interview with Clinique a day or so later. Then you meet with the l9cal Account Exec tlwhivh pretty m7ch means you're hired

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade and promote a customer to buy an item and 8nsyre a repeat customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and within three days received an email asking me to schedule an interview, did so for the next day. Was called that morning and told they had filled the position (^: but asked if I still wanted to be interviewed or if I would like to be placed on a waiting list for the next available opening

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at a college career fair. Followed up with an email and established some rapport, then applied online via college portal. I was then extended an invitation to attend an on-campus information/Q&A session followed by an on-campus interview (round one). I heard back about 2 weeks later, and made it through to the second, and final, round of interviews, which was an on-site interview at the Macy's regional offices that took place 3 weeks after the initial interview.