Macy's Interview Questions & Reviews in Atlanta, GA

57 interviews

2.2

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Beware easy come esay go... Research your company people really? I am shocked by the lack or preperation people went to as I waited to be interviewed.

Sales Associate - Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

Interviewed for seasonal position. Hired on the spot. The culture of Macy's is every customer should leave happier than when they came in. The Interview was fairly easy. I was fresh out of college. They asked basic questions pertaining to customer service and selling abilities. Google retail interview questions.

Interview Questions
    At the time I needed a job desperately so I did not even think to negotiate since what I was offered was more than I previously made. Now I wish I would have tried as I have a Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design and Marketing and don't even get $10/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

It's was really good actually. I was excited. I was ready to get out of the food industry and into retail. The questions were good, they weren't super difficult or anything. I loved how all the staff welcomed me with smiles and how they were very friendly. It was a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Basic customer service questions. They ask questions about how I have dealt with a difficult customer. How I work in a team. etc. Explain about all the changes that was going in the company to better serve the customers and asked if I was still interested.

NONE

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

This was my first interview so I was very nervous. I can called into the back and got interviewed with one of the managers there. The questions were pretty simple. Of course they ask "Why Macy's?" and the other standard questions. They were mostly based on group experiences like, "name a time where someone you worked with lied to you". You also need to explain how you'd sell a Macy's card. Just relax and be yourself it's not that hard. I liked my interviewer but they didn't have an opening in the department I was qualified for.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

My interview at Macy's was very laid back. I went in dressed up, met with a hiring manager, we discussed my past work experiences and how I'd go about handling things that could arise at Macy's. It's a pretty staight forward interview, it's not too difficult to pass. Macy's standards are pretty relaxed to me.

Wedding Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Macy's in January 2012.

Interview was held by a manager of another department who knew nothing about the position and read the interview questions. This individual had trouble reading and correctly pronouncing the words. When I asked the interviewer questions they did not know one single answer.

Interview Questions
    • Not one single question was challenging or difficult   View Answer
    It was all on their terms and they would not consider any negotiating whatsoever.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in February 2013.

Macy's uses a email system to contact you for interview's. For the Sales Associate position usually only requires one interview. The environment is great and you work with a wide variety of personalities and you work people of many different ethnic backgrounds. They are equal opportunity.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Interviewed at 2 locations. First location scheduled me an interview but had no open positions available. Applied to another location, no interview spots available for about 2 weeks. Interview Process was easy..getting an interview was more difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Easy Interview, Lasted about 5 mins max only question really asked is "Why do I want to work for Macy's?" Person that interview me did most of the talking. Wasn't really asked many questions. They do ask what dept you want to work in. But it really doesn't matter if that dept doesn't have any openings.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. First retail Job.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Went to an on campus information session then applied. Was contacted for a first round interview on campus, was contacted a week later to take online assessments. Its been over two months and I have not heard anything from them while I do know people who were flown to NYC for the final round and were given offers.

Interview Questions

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!