Macy's Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Jul 6, 2015

1.9

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to a preview night where we learned more about the company and position. They brought in 4 managers and rotated around from group to group. You got a gift card for answering questions/participating. Then I was invited to a private Pre-night for people who received interviews. Then I had two 30 minutes interviews back to back. One behavioral, one coaching.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview and it took about 15 minutes. She asked why I wanted to work at Macy's and several situational questions related to customer service and sales. For example, tell me about a time when you helped a co-worker with a problem and what was the solution, and if you just helped a customer find a pair of pants they really liked, how would you encourage them to shop you specifically again?

Interview Questions

She offered me the job, but I declined because of the low pay, $8.55/hour for seasonal, part-time.

GIFT REGISTRY ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The online application is lengthy. Then you are required to fill out a questionnaire that is a bit of a psychological profile. It's over 50 questions. I was invited to schedule an interivew, which I did. The entire process up to this point was automated. When I arrived for the interview, I was told that the person hiring for the position was off that day, and I would be interviewed by the office manager. It was clear this was a waste of my time. We went through the interview, however, which consisted of a shorter version of the online questionnaire. "What would you do if you saw a fellow employee steal." "Give an example of a time you showed integrity at work." Stuff like that. The next day I received an email telling me I was not being offered the position because of the times I indicated I was available to work. I found this humurous since I had indicated in written and verbal form that I was available days, weekends, night and holidays. When else is there?

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you showed integrity at work.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I got an email to schedule my interview online. I scheduled it and when i went in for the interview I talked with the interviewer for about 10 minutes and she hired me on as soon as my interview was over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was not what I thought I was being interviewed for. Hired on spot for temp work I stead of FT

Interview Questions

• When wss thwre a time you performed outstanding customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations could be done. I thought it was a f/t cosmetic position and turned out to be p/t temporary in a complete different department.

VPSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Internal Process, expected to articulate vision for store, people/performance management (how you have and would address), process improvement, skills and abilities as a coach. Very straight forward, company is looking for individuals committed to talent development, and that can quickly identify opportunities to deliver comp sales growth through its people.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied many times online. for sales associate postion. after few days i finally got a email to schedule a interview, i went to my interview, waited for an hour, wasted my time and didnt get the job.

Interview Questions

• They ask stupid questions just work in folding clothes and picking up clothes from the floor.   Answer Question

Clinique Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

1. Interview with the cometics manager 2. Talent Plus 3. Interview with Clinique Executive manager

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you help someone develop a skill   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Easy, the interview took no even 10 minutes, The manager of the store in that moment make my interview, And i get hired on the spot.

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Ladies Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview is easy. You get contactover the phone, simple question, like schedule preference, if you ever work with goal and conditions. Then you get interview at the office in the store with the store manager (the same kind of question) and theyy tell you if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Situation : in the past how did u react when you have an angry customer.   Answer Question