Macy's

Relevance Date Difficulty

GIFT REGISTRY ADVISOR Interview

GIFT REGISTRY ADVISOR
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

Interview Details – The online application is lengthy. Then you are required to fill out a questionnaire that is a bit of a psychological profile. It's over 50 questions. I was invited to schedule an interivew, which I did. The entire process up to this point was automated. When I arrived for the interview, I was told that the person hiring for the position was off that day, and I would be interviewed by the office manager. It was clear this was a waste of my time. We went through the interview, however, which consisted of a shorter version of the online questionnaire. "What would you do if you saw a fellow employee steal." "Give an example of a time you showed integrity at work." Stuff like that. The next day I received an email telling me I was not being offered the position because of the times I indicated I was available to work. I found this humurous since I had indicated in written and verbal form that I was available days, weekends, night and holidays. When else is there?

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you showed integrity at work.   Answer Question

VPSM Interview

VPSM
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2013.

Interview Details – Internal Process, expected to articulate vision for store, people/performance management (how you have and would address), process improvement, skills and abilities as a coach. Very straight forward, company is looking for individuals committed to talent development, and that can quickly identify opportunities to deliver comp sales growth through its people.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got an email to schedule my interview online. I scheduled it and when i went in for the interview I talked with the interviewer for about 10 minutes and she hired me on as soon as my interview was over.

Interview Question – The questions were all fairly easy.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Cedar Park, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2010.

Interview Details – it was an easy interview, the manager was Great.

Interview Question – no, difficult, it was an awesome interview and easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was not what I thought I was being interviewed for. Hired on spot for temp work I stead of FT

Interview Question – When wss thwre a time you performed outstanding customer service   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations could be done.
I thought it was a f/t cosmetic position and turned out to be p/t temporary in a complete different department.

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied many times online. for sales associate postion. after few days i finally got a email to schedule a interview, i went to my interview, waited for an hour, wasted my time and didnt get the job.

Interview Question – They ask stupid questions just work in folding clothes and picking up clothes from the floor.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in February 2012.

Interview Details – Easy, the interview took no even 10 minutes, The manager of the store in that moment make my interview, And i get hired on the spot.

Reason for Declining – Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Commissioned Sales Associate
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2009.

Interview Details – applied on line. Called in for interview with the counter manager. She then took me to Human resources director, and we spoke. I then met with the store manager. Very unstructured process. No one went over my application, or resume in front of me.
Very easy to get hired at the store I worked at.

Interview Question – When can you start.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted another line not the one offered

Clinique Counter Manager Interview

Clinique Counter Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Interview with the cometics manager
2. Talent Plus
3. Interview with Clinique Executive manager

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you help someone develop a skill   Answer Question

Got Cancelled On My Way There Interview

Got Cancelled On My Way There
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in November 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Scheduled interview. On way to interview, saw a voicemail received that morning that the positions had been filled and they hadn't processed the email to let me know sooner. I went in anyway and talked to them and filled out for more openings. Now I have another inverview tomorrow.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!