Macy's Interview Questions in Aventura, FL

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL).

Interview

I applied and got an invitation for an interview the next day. They were late - my interview took place 30 minutes after it was supposed to. They offered me a commission job when I applied for non-commissioned sales.

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to vome in for an interview. I have no experience in retail and I am in high school so I'd only be able to work in the evenings on weekdays and I'm free all day on weekends. I was basically told I'm good for retail but my availability makes it difficult for me to work in retail. I was told that they attempt to place me in the "Support" department.

Interview Questions

• Many scenarios were being asked. "How would you meet your sales goal for that day", "what would you do if you saw an coworking doing something unethical", "how would you get someone to sell something they can afford" and "how would you ask someone to open a Macy's card."   1 Answer

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was very short and to the point. If you apply for seasonal and have some type of sales background and customer service, THEY WILL HIRE YOU. I didn't have any, but i made up some and answered the questions. I prepared by reading some reviews on glassdoor, and all of the questions i read on here were the exact same ones they asked. You may not get the position you apply for. I applied for cosmetics and got a position in shoes.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to sell a customer a product   1 Answer
    • In a group which person are you, are you most likely to lead?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at macy's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL).

Interview

Make a NEW account because I wasn't receiving any interview appointment. After a week i haven't finished the training.... takes long to get a PC at that Macys. It help a another woman was before me, she was wearing a very low rise white jeans and a small t-shirt. No very professional. I was wearing 3 pieces, all BLACK WITH a pink shirt. And boots.

Interview Questions

• What should do when see someone doing something illegal or inappropriate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

$8per hour on Draw vs com

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Very profesional and easy, I was waiting for 30 minutes, the interviewer asked me for my experience in retail sales, and very basic questions, I applied for cosmetic and fragance but they offer me a position in men's department, and I accept their offer.
    The interview took just 10 minutes as much.

Interview Questions

• Describe me a situation when you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

You get asked previous customer service experiences and how you would approached them at macys. You have to know what you're talking about. If you don't have retail experience they will ask about like experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Choice of textile of kids clothing

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I got there on time but wasn't interviewed at least 20 mins later than the appointment. It was frustrating but I kept my cool, others simply rescheduled. When I was finally called, I was asked the same questions that others have posted

Interview Questions

• How would you get someone to sign up for a Macy's card?   1 Answer

I wanted a non-commission position but only commission positions were available

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied and was scheduled for an interview that Monday. Interview was straight to the point, no negotiating. Interviewer only concerned about availability. After interview, I waited a few days for my background check results to come back and started training immediately afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work early mornings?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online of course and got an email to set up an interview for the next 4 days.My interview was at 2:45 I got there at 1:30. the manager came at 3:35.I had applied for beauty advisor and when I got in their the manager interview me for it and then I asked him to swith it to sales associate since I don't have no experience they wouldn't hire me for beauty advisor.I went on the computer and change cosmetics sales to regular and then the manger had interview 3 people behind me and 2 of them got bench for a job because they told them that there's no position available at the moment the other one didn't get it. when they finished he call me and he told me he's gonna get another manager to interview me to wait in the meanwhile. when the manger came he called me he was gay and really nice to me. he asked me several questions like what is customer service to you? Give an example of a great customer service, why should they hire me? After that he gave me the job right in the spot on the ladies shoes, and I had to come to training in the next 3 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Well whenever you go to a macys interview act like you a people person and also you love working with people, and help people.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Easy, but they don't explain the pay structure. They won't tell you that you will owe Macy's if you don't sell enough to cover the hours that you work. They also don't really train you so you will start working on the floor with major sharks that will easily run over you..

Interview Questions

• How would I sell this blouse to a lady?   1 Answer