Macy's

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Aventura, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got there on time but wasn't interviewed at least 20 mins later than the appointment. It was frustrating but I kept my cool, others simply rescheduled. When I was finally called, I was asked the same questions that others have posted

Interview Question – How would you get someone to sign up for a Macy's card?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wanted a non-commission position but only commission positions were available

Very Easy Interview

Aventura, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online of course and got an email to set up an interview for the next 4 days.My interview was at 2:45 I got there at 1:30. the manager came at 3:35.I had applied for beauty advisor and when I got in their the manager interview me for it and then I asked him to swith it to sales associate since I don't have no experience they wouldn't hire me for beauty advisor.I went on the computer and change cosmetics sales to regular and then the manger had interview 3 people behind me and 2 of them got bench for a job because they told them that there's no position available at the moment the other one didn't get it. when they finished he call me and he told me he's gonna get another manager to interview me to wait in the meanwhile. when the manger came he called me he was gay and really nice to me. he asked me several questions like what is customer service to you? Give an example of a great customer service, why should they hire me? After that he gave me the job right in the spot on the ladies shoes, and I had to come to training in the next 3 days.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Well whenever you go to a macys interview act like you a people person and also you love working with people, and help people.

Very Easy Interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Aventura, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in July 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed at the Aventura Mall location and although its a beautiful macys it was really unorganized. The interview itself wasnt difficult. It was actually quite easy and took no time at all. They asked basic questions like why do you want to work at macys and what experience do you have working retail. Also if I would be comfortable working different counters every time I came in. He hired me on the spot and since no one told me I had to bring my birth certificate I had to return home to get it and bring it back. Then it took forever to get my paper work in order. I accepted the position because I needed work but to be honest I would have just walked out based on how poorly run the HR office was. Granted it was busy but thats no excuse.

Interview Question – Would you feel comfortable working in an work environment that is constantly changing?   Answer Question

Aventura, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Ok, so this was my first ever interview for my first ever job. I am 18 and have no experience what so ever, unless you would consider volunteer work. I applied online to Macy's and was E-mailed for an interview about 5 days later. I wore a light blue dress shirt and black slacks. I studied and prepared myself, of course, for the interview. My appt. was at 4 but due to meetings I wasnt seen till about 5. I had to be interviewed by another manager. Long story short, one on one interview that went FANTASTIC! I kept my head high, talked with confidence and was very assertive. This is what they look for. I was told, and i qoute "You are one of the BEST interviews I have had in years." A load off my chest. It went so well that since there were no positions open at the time, he talked with his boss and had him open me a position! GREAT! I am now currently in the process of setting up training and paper work.

Interview Question – Through my interview, questions dealt with selling a product.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Havent started that yet, but since this would be my first job, I wouldnt chance it.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Commissioned Sales Associate
Aventura, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in June 2012.

Interview Details – My interview was scheduled at 11:00. I was worry not be on time, so I arrived 30min before. The first thing that happened and brought doubts to my mind about the company and organization was that the manager (or so) who supposed to interview me was at lunch. Probably he didn’t even know that the interview was scheduled. There were few more people waiting for the interview with the other managers. So as I figured out later the administrative support or assistants at the Human Resources Department are unorganized. That is just a start…After interview which was great, a lot of questions, some about previous jobs (if you worked before), your attitude, your ability to work as a team and with the customers. Be prepared for these questions. So next, they told me to come for an Orientation day. But they didn’t tell me exactly where to go and what does it mean…If you familiar with the Aventura Mall there are few Macy’s buildings there and on different levels. I was running all over the place until one of the employers told me the same story happened to him...ha-ha At least I got some exercises. The Orientation took few hours of talking, watching videos, listening, and going to the lost prevention department. We never went to the store, to the place where we suppose to work. Is it right? I didn’t see the manager…I heard her name at least. The next day I started Training. I started at 1p.m. and left the office at 9p.m., without any break. I was by myself at the room with almost no assistance, learning for the first time how to work at POS. So when I put down the headsets and was ready to tell to the administrative assistant that I finished...I found out that I am by myself in the office. They finished their job and went home, leaving me alone without next instructions. So I didn’t hear from them for the few days. I tried to reach them by phone, nobody answers. That is another story how I found their phone numbers…Now I am going back to the office, hope they will tell me what to do next. It is not because I didn’t ask the questions, I did. I hope your experience will be better at this place. Something needs to change…

Interview Questions

Aventura, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in April 2011.

Interview Details – Everyone in the HR department was busy. Therefore, my interview was much later than the scheduled time. I was first interviewed by a general manager, who asked me if I had ever worked on commission. I responded that I hadn't but that I had worked for the company in a different location. He inquired about the department in which I worked. I told him handbags. He then called the manager of that department to interview me. She asked me some questions regarding how I deal with strong personalities because those who work in that department have strong personalities. She then got the hiring paperwork and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Sell me a high end item   Answer Question

Aventura, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview in the mid April for Sales Associate position in Macy's Aventura. I applied online 2 weeks before and had an 1:1 interview after I got an e-mail from them and scheduled the interview. I wasn't able to negotiate, got a FT position and my training and orientation started the very next day .

Interview Question – Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be relax and don't forget your smile:)

Aventura, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was invited to an interview via the next day. I was able to schedule an interview for the following week. On the day of the interview, I spoke with a hiring manager, was asked a variety of situational questions, then the person I was interviewing with asked if I would be flexible with placement. Since I was interested in part time, I had no preference on department. Another department manager was called in and interviewed/ informed me about another position. After I gave a brief description of my work experience (none in retail) I was offered the position on the spot. I filled out paperwork and was scheduled for orientation.

Interview Question – Why was Macy's your choice for a position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Retail Cosmetics Sales-beauty Advisor Interview

Retail Cosmetics Sales-beauty Advisor
Aventura, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in March 2011.

Interview Details – hey

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – apply for macys job

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!