Macy's

2.3

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I applied about a month ago, and they sent me an email confirming my application. A week later after I applied I received another email saying they would be giving me a call soon to interview me over the phone. I never got a call, but they sent me another email asking me to schedule an appointment for a face to face interview. I scheduled it for 5:00pm. I dressed in all black, black dress pants and a black blazer and my makeup was done. The interview was fairly short, she asked me questions like " name a time where you had to sell a product to someone" and if I had experience. I have to wait a week to here back from them.

Interview Questions
  • The questions weren't that difficult for me because I'm passionate about makeup. But take your time and actually think about the question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in November 2014.

I received an email asking me to schedule 1 month after sending in an application, and I was scheduled, and ended up doing a group interview and was offered a job on the spot. I filled out all my paperwork the same day and am scheduled for orientation and training. It was a fairly relaxing interview, but the manager was distracted half the time. I thought we weren't going to get hired.

Interview Questions
    9.65 + commission, but I still have an interview with talent plus.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

The lady was very friendly, and put me at ease. We did a little bit of small talk before the interview which relaxed my nerves a bit. The whole interview was about 15 minutes. She asked me about six to eight questions that I gave very detailed answers to. Mostly things about my work experiences. I also talked about my education experience. I was super friendly and smiled a lot. The interview was very comfortable. She said I did a good job and was very talented and was sure I would be getting a call back from the beauty manager for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you helped a colleague? When was a time you worked as a group to complete a task?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied for a beauty advisor position, got an email 4 days later inviting me for an interview. Scheduled for an interview the following week. Interview went really well, the interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I stumbled on my words a bit, but at the end she said I did a great job and seem very talented. She informed me they had already filled the positions, but if anything opens up I may get a call from the Cosmetics Manager. Next day I got an email from Macy's stating that they didn't have any jobs available. Not sure if this was an outright rejection, but at least this gave me interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get a customer to come back specifically to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

The interview was as easy as pie. No really difficult questions. The candidate if selected will get an automated email saying to schedule an interview time online. 95% of the times that I did go to the scheduling website to schedule an interview, there was no dates available. I got an automated call a week later (after not being able to schedule the interview) saying they were still interested in a face-to-face interview and to go online and schedule. Within a couple of days after that, I was able to schedule an interview. The lady that interviewed me was pleasant and helpful. What I did not understand was that I was interviewing for an open position only to be told at the end of the interview there is no spot available. A week later got an email saying that "we are sorry but we have no available spots at this time". Thus, no full time no part time no seasonal help either.

Interview Questions
    • On scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being highest, how comfortable are you putting on makeup on other people?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Online. Quick. Interview was basic and brief. I was asked a series of standard questions. It helped that I was already a former employee so the process wasn't as stringent. I was essentially told that I was hired, but I would have to meet the cosmetic company's reps. They would have the final word concerning their counter, however, I would still be hired by Macy's no matter.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be willing to assist in a technical role if IT could not be reached in a timely manner.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation. Tandem Salary Quote between Cosmetic company and Macy's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Just a few basic questions asked by the manager followed the list. simple questions about customer services, team work, and so on. There were a lot of people in the waiting room. They didn't talk about the pay or any other things.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and was told via email to come in for an interview. My first interview was with HR, and it was fairly typical questions. I was told to come back the next day for a meeting with the cosmetics section manager who then brought in the manager of the specific counter I was applying to. I was scheduled for a final interview with a brand-specific ambassador, and she is who offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • In my meeting with the cosmetics section manager, I was asked how I would sell a product. In my meeting with the brand-specific ambassador, I was asked why I wanted that specific brand.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

I applied to an open position posted online and received an email a day or so later inviting me to schedule an interview. I choose a day and time that worked for me and went into the executive offices to interview. It went very well and was set up to meet the head of the cosmetics department the next day (she was not in on the day that I interviewed). After meeting with the cosmetic head, I was asked to interview with Talent Plus. It took a couple days to receive a phone call to set up an interview with Talent Plus and a couple more days to actually take part in the interview. Talent Plus is a over the phone interview that asks various scripted questions for about 30 minutes. When the phone interview is finished the representative lets your know that Macy's will be the one to contact you regarding what comes next. After my Talent Plus interview, I was called the next morning by the regional manager for the brand I would be representing. I scheduled an interview with her for that week where I was interviewed for 30 minutes and then needed to preform a 30 minute make-up application. About 3 days later I was called and offered the position!

Interview Questions
    • The Talent Plus interview is nerve racking because you do not know what will be asked. They are questions regarding your personality, life experiences, and character. Be yourself and answer honestly.   Answer Question
    I was offered what I initially asked for in the first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in June 2014.

I applied online through the Macy's website to multiple beauty counter positions. I received an email a few days later to set up an interview online. I was interviewed for the general/flex positions for beauty advisor, and the interviewer said she would pass on my information to the other counters for their own interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make customers want to return to the store/you specifically?   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation, I was happy with what they offered.