Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
    How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
    How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
    How would you make customers come back to you?
    How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview the next day. I liked being able to schedule my own interview, it's a lot more efficient than waiting around days or weeks for a call back. I went in for my interview the following week. I met with one of the department managers who was very friendly and made conversation with me. She asked a few basic interview questions, but mostly about my experience with Macy's/the cosmetic counters, and about myself. She complimented me even! Next, she told me to come back in 15 minutes to meet with the counter manager who was on her break. The counter manager was friendly as well and made me feel like I was her equal. She told me a lot about the company and asked me a few similar questions. The in-person interview wasn't too extensive, but the following phone interview I had with Estee Lauder was. After I did that, I received a call from the account manager of the brand I would be selling for. She was also very friendly and upbeat and told me everything I should know about the job before starting. She also told me more about my phone interview results, which I did very well on apparently. A few hours later, I received a phone call from HR offering me the job! The pay is decent for a part-time job. Quite a bit more than minimum wage, plus bonus pay for hitting sales goals! I go in to fill out paper work in a couple of days. You don't necessarily need retail experience when working for one of Macy's cosmetic counter positions. I recommend doing some research before the phone interview, it's immensely helpful. Stay positive and answer their questions with certainty, don't hesitate. Confidence is key!

Interview Questions

• Phone interview:
      Why do you want to work for Macy's/Origins?
      Describe a time in which you worked as a part of a team? What was your role? What was the outcome?
      Are you good at handling difficult situations? Give an example of a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it.
      Would you sell products based on knowledge or experience?
      Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
      Which is more important: customer service or reaching sales goals?

5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Short. Got to the human resources office, waited 20 minutes for my interviewer to come. She got there, we went to an office. Asked me 4 questions and told me she would call me on Friday. No eye contact and was rushing.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was emailed to schedule an interview about two days after applying. The interview process was relatively short no hard questions. The cosmetics manager was very serious about how they needed someone to atleast commit a year to the company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of makeup are you wearing?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

One of the counter managers had a paper and asked questions from that paper. If you do not look nervous and stay confident you should be fine. Open availability is very important.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable doing makeup on another person's face?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was very agitated to be there, yawned a lot, and wasn't very attentive. They called me in for a permanent job but then said it was for seasonal.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

Good experience asked a few questions about myself and how I was going to handle situations and basic questions about myself and my experiences and skills. Took 2days. Was called for training in a week and started in about 2weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself, how would you handle situations, what do u feel about commission pay jobs. Are u a competitive person. Why do u want to work for Macy's   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was in the Executive Offices, located in the store of Macys. I was interviewed by the Cosmetic Manager and he was really nice. He asked informal questions such as "How are you?" and common questions such as "what school do you go to," and "what do you like to do." And then we got into the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you Open a credit Card?
      Do you feel comfortable putting makeup on someone's face?
      If someone comes up to her and she has eczema, what would you advise her to use?
      Why should I not hire you?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (Troy, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very easy. Just sell yourself and what I mean by that is be yourself be honest. They can tell if you're lying. They don't really care if you have experience because they will train you. They want to know if you'll fit with the team. They just want you to be honest kind friendly

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to be a beauty advisor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I had to wait 5 min and he asked me a few questions and said "give me one sec" came back and said "all positions are filled up and to just keep trying " but when you go on Macy's website they have a lot of open positions. so I guess that's how Macy's work being that they are a historic company but whatever