Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome? How do you feel about touching peoples faces? How would you sell me a Macys credit card? How would you make customers come back to you? How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

One on one interview with counter manager and department mananger. It was easy just a lot of questions to answer. You must have good customer service to impress. You will have to interview with the counter manager and department manager. The department manager will ask a lot of questions compared to the counter manager.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I applied online, got an email to schedule a interview. A few days later went into meet with one of the Cosmetic Managers. Interview maybe lasted about 30 min or so.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and got a invitation to an interview within 24 hrs. Went to the interview and the hiring manager was really nice made me really comfortable and then she invited me to come in for a second interview to meet with the account manager and counter manager they all seemed to like me and the interview went great. The account manager told me the hiring manager will give me a call real soon.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions just be truthful, enthusiastic and make sure you show them that you can sell.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The process is very fast, I feel so lucky because the manager who had interview with me she is so friendly, clam my nerves and everything go so well. I went to glassdoor before i had my interview, the question is very similar with the website. I'm so glad about that. But somehow the counter manager not always here, the process took me about 2 and half weeks to get it done.

Interview Questions

• What is your retail experience? how you sell me about Macy's card?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I hope the process can be shorter, they look like they like me, but they never tell me which day to work.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

She asked me questions and I answered them. The interview process was easy. I went online and went on Macysjobs.com and clicked on careers and then the jobs showed up. I was not as prepared for this interview as I should of been. I have never worked in retail before so it was difficult to answer some of the questions. I learned that I needed to prepare myself for the interview such as look up facts about clinique and remember them.

Interview Questions

• She asked me questions about working as a team with the other co-workers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy, basic questions, and also quick. I had two interviews with two different locations. They were both fairly quick to me because they both asked the same exact questions which i was prepared for. I did not get an offer because my availability did not fit their needs/

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to be in charge of a team? What role did you play? How did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Northridge, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early for my interview, and sat in the Human Resources office for 15 minutes until I was finally interviewed. My name was called, and I was led into an office where my interviewer shut the door. I personally felt as though she was rushing things along and appeared to be in a bit of a hurry, being as she read the majority of the interview questions so quickly that I had to ask her to repeat the beginning of one of the questions. Over-all, this interview had the potential to be a lot more enjoyable had someone else been conducting it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked as a part of a team to accomplish a goal.   1 Answer
    • What steps would you take to ensure that new customers return to our store for future purchases?   1 Answer
    • Describe how would you handle a job that requires you to perform different tasks everyday, rather than the same tasks everyday? (I'm paraphrasing.. In other words: Are you comfortable with a job that requires you to do many different tasks?)   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2015.

Interview

Filled out application on Macy's , .com. Got an email to scheduel an interview. Sent in and had an interview with a really nice cosmetics dept. Manager. She asked me questions from a paper and was impressed by my answers. Then she gave me her personal cell number and told me to expect a call from talent plus. Talent plus contacted me in 3 days and set up an appointment for a phone interview in 4 days. They called me at exactly the right day and time and asked me a lot of questions witch I had studied and taken notes for from Glass door. She told me it would b a week until Macy's would contact me. Did hear anything for 3 days so I called the dept. Managers cell and asked her my status. She said I scored very high on Talent plusvasnd said she wanted me to meet the counter manager. Counter manager called me in a couple hours and I went in to meet her at the counter, we clicked and the dept manager came up and asked me my rate and I told her and she said she would call me as soon as Sher heard anything. She called me back that night and gave me an offer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview the next day. I liked being able to schedule my own interview, it's a lot more efficient than waiting around days or weeks for a call back. I went in for my interview the following week. I met with one of the department managers who was very friendly and made conversation with me. She asked a few basic interview questions, but mostly about my experience with Macy's/the cosmetic counters, and about myself. She complimented me even! Next, she told me to come back in 15 minutes to meet with the counter manager who was on her break. The counter manager was friendly as well and made me feel like I was her equal. She told me a lot about the company and asked me a few similar questions. The in-person interview wasn't too extensive, but the following phone interview I had with Estee Lauder was. After I did that, I received a call from the account manager of the brand I would be selling for. She was also very friendly and upbeat and told me everything I should know about the job before starting. She also told me more about my phone interview results, which I did very well on apparently. A few hours later, I received a phone call from HR offering me the job! The pay is decent for a part-time job. Quite a bit more than minimum wage, plus bonus pay for hitting sales goals! I go in to fill out paper work in a couple of days. You don't necessarily need retail experience when working for one of Macy's cosmetic counter positions. I recommend doing some research before the phone interview, it's immensely helpful. Stay positive and answer their questions with certainty, don't hesitate. Confidence is key!

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Why do you want to work for Macy's/Origins? Describe a time in which you worked as a part of a team? What was your role? What was the outcome? Are you good at handling difficult situations? Give an example of a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it. Would you sell products based on knowledge or experience? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Which is more important: customer service or reaching sales goals?   5 Answers