Macy's Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
    How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
    How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
    How would you make customers come back to you?
    How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Interview

applied online, sending email to ask me to schedule an interview in person within 2 weeks.
    I was 15~20 minutes for my interview, HR assistant took me into the room and interviewed me with few short questions and the interview ended within 20 minutes. I asked her when will I know if I have a second interview, she told me the position was filled not open but they just accumulating resume for future use.
    By the way she is not the manager who supposed to interview me; however, she was honest and told me she is not familiar of what kind of people does the manager wants/needs.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if your coworker gives you a hard time or being difficult ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Salem, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied online via their website and got an email the next day to schedule an interview. You schedule it yourself online so you can pick the most convenient time for you. I interviewed a week later for about 20 minutes and received a job offer right then.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about applying makeup to someone's hands and/or face?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of one time you worked as a team to accomplish a project or goal?   Answer Question
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

It was veeeery quick, she was so nice! We even laughed! I arrived very early so thats a plus and I was so nervous but it all seems to turn out great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager of urban decay will call you this week, hopefully ill see you soon!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process took me about an hour and a half to complete. Including the questionnaire that goes with it. The interview went really well. My interviewer was very professional, she was not the makeup manager hiring, she read questions out of a packet and wrote down my answers. The questions were basic retail questions. She let me know that she was going to pass on my information to the makeup manager, so I should expect another call for another interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell someone a Macy's card?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable applying products on a person's hand/face?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you worked under pressure and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time that you and a team got together to accomplish the same end goal and what your role in that was.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I filled out an application online. Got emailed a few days later, went in to give the interview. I wait in the HR room, after 20 minutes got called in. The lady was nice, she said she was the young HR director or something. She was basically reading of a paper in front of her. The questions were easy I would say. After the interview was done she want to talk to the beauty manager. She came back after 5 minutes to say NO JOB WAS AVAILABLE. I'm thinking wth? Why did I come in to waste my time and give an interview then. I think they might of done that because I was overqualified and would have negotiated on pay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you lead a team?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with putting makeup on peoples face, touching them with your hands?   Answer Question
    • How would you make clients come back to you? What is important for you to do with clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's (Toledo, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went great! I literally just got out of the interview an hour ago! Not only was the cosmetic department manager super cool but she made the interview process extremely comfortable. The questions were pretty brief and there were additional questions that she could've asked but felt she had already had the gist of my personality and dedication down. I am waiting for a call to meet with the store manager. Only thing I was iffy about was the fact that I didn't feel comfortable just yet asking about the pay and she never said anything about the pay. I will approach that in the next interview. Online it said they were hiring part time/full time beauty advisors, there were two openings and they both ended up being full time. I was told Clarins was one of the vendors unfortunately I was not told about the other and was told I would be great to work in Clarins. She also stated the woman who had worked in Clarins got promoted to the manager of Estee Lauder!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to work as a team to accomplish a task and as a leader how did you educate this team?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a customer to sell a product, not only sell but also educate and inform them about this product?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Macy's?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about applying product on a customers face?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downtown Crossing, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Downtown Crossing, MA).

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. The initial interview was just basic questions like why did you apply for the job and all that. Then I had an interview with the cosmetics manager and then lastly I had an interview with the benefit cosmetics manager.

Interview Questions

• what are some of your favorite products ? Sell me something. What is your greatest weakness and greatest strength?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online at 11 a.m. And by 2 p.m they had emailed me back to schedule an interview online.. They told me I would hear from them to do my talent interview in a week or two. while I was at my interview the supervisor told another sales associate that he would interview her after lunch and go from there. So I felt like it was a waste of my time to even be there when they were promoting from within. I guess they just needed to do at least one interview from the outside I did hear back from them 3 weeks later, explaining I wasn't experienced enough for the job. I have my cosmetology license and worked for Dillards Estee Lauder counter for three years. they also told me that it only paid minimum wage which I know for a fact is a load of bull. Waste of my time

Interview Questions

• explain a time something unexpected happened at work and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in February 2015.

Interview

it was my 3rd time that I make a job interview with macys! Exept one of them,all of these interviews went really good and I got the job!
    But one thing that I do not like about macys is that they schedule a job appointment, they tell you that it is a kind of full time job and then when you go to the interview you realize that's the part time job!
    But I should say that I love its enviroment, all the managers that I have met were professional and makes you feel comfortable about the job interview , you can ask them to repeat their question if you don't understand their meaning

Interview Questions

• did you have a team working experience? What was your role? Explain the situation   Answer Question
    • As a cosmetic sale associate you should help the company by persuading customers to give a macys card, how would you do that?   Answer Question