Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's
- Sales Associate (1017)
- Retail Sales Associate (284)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (219)
- Beauty Advisor (139)
- Executive Development Program (94)
- Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate (60)
- Visual Merchandiser (54)
- Sales Manager (51)
- Cosmetics Sales Associate (43)
- Retail Support Associate (35)
- Part-Time Sales Associate (34)
- Cosmetics Counter Manager (32)
- Support Associate (32)
- Sales Associate In Macy's (30)
- Intern (27)
- Cashier (26)
- Stock Associate (22)
- Merchandiser (21)
- Sales Support Associate (21)
- Commissioned Sales Associate (18)
- Customer Service Representative (17)
- Loss Prevention Detective (17)
- Administrative Assistant (16)
- Merchandise Team Associate (15)
- Store Management Executive Development Program (15)
- Seasonal Support Associate (15)
- Loss Prevention Agent (14)
- Retail Associate (14)
- Sales (14)
- Store Management (14)
Beauty Advisor Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Macy's (Fremont, CA) in January 2013.
I had to go through 3 separate interviews in order to get an offer. The first interview was with the Cosmetics Department manager. The second was with the brand executive and the third was with the brand manager and executive. They all asked very similar questions such as why they should hire you, what can you bring to the team and they ask many situational questions. It was overall very easy except for the fact that they take weeks to call back.
- If you gave cream samples to customers and you had to call back and ask them how they liked it, how would you respond to customers who didn't like the product? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Macy's
Beauty Advisor InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Macy's (Fremont, CA) in March 2012.
I applied in January and have gone to 4 interviews in the past 4 months. I am supposed to hear back in the next week or so. Each interview was followed by an interview with a higher up employee. Overall the hiring process is taking longer than expected. If you apply online for the Beauty Advisor position, they usually mean they are hiring counter managers but Macy's just hires under the Beauty Advisor title. (At least that's what I was told) Also even after four months I'm not sure if I'm being considered for an on-call, part time, or full time position because each interviewer gave me a different answer.
- Are you comfortable with applying make up on a customer's face? Answer Question
Beauty Advisor InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 days – interviewed at Macy's (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2010.
I started by getting a job interview and when I showed up, she was not available. I went back and it happened again, but HR found someone to interview me. I had that interview, then a phone interview, then another interview with a district manager. I was interviewed by the cosmetics manager in a hallway. I was then told I would get a phone interview with another manager and I did. I then was called back for another interview and I was interviewed in the mall in chairs next to lots of people and it was loud and hard to hear. I then had to go talk to a floor manager in her office and there were people coming in and out. I thought it was a very long process, for the job I was getting. I would think for a management position it would be fine, but this was a pt position for selling make-up! I was hired and went I went in, there was confusion about my paperwork. I trained on the cash register, but I did not think there was much training on make-up application. it was jump in and learn! It worked out.
- It was not a difficult interview, but it took many trips and time to land a $11 an hour job! Be sure to talk about current trends in beauty and where you get your information from-magazines, blogs, vlogs, etc. I was asked typical questions regarding customer service. Answer Question
I have a Masters in education so I was given the top salary of $11 plus commission. I did not want to work for such little money, but I had to take what I could get at the time.