Macy's

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – applied, received an email to confirm the interview, interview was rescheduled without my knowledge ( i only found out after i took the trip there ), had my interview with one of the managers, she was very nice and seemed very interested in my work ethic and background in fashion, easy.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for macy's when you have such a bright future ahead of you?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and the next day, was emailed for an interview. Went in that week for an interview and was told I would be considered but will be called somewhere within the next week. Soon after i was hired

Charlotte, NC

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – filled out online application was then told I did not have to fill out the questionnaire because convergys and Macys uses the same questionnaire and the one i filled out for convergys was still valid and macys would use that. got a email stating unfortunately they could not hire me. they did not give me any reason. The questionnaire I filled out for convergys that macys used was over 6 months old. I dont know how long they stay in the system.

Interview Question – got a email stating unfortunately they could not hire me. they did not give me any reason. The questionnaire I filled out for convergys that macys used was over 6 months old. I dont know how long they stay in the system.   Answer Question

Cashier

I interviewed at Macy's in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was very easy and they asked me about my experience and how I would sell their credit cards. I was able to answer to this question. I was offered a job . I worked there for two weeks. Stuffs are friendly but they prioritize those who works there ,I was a seasonal worker. Girls were jealous because they have to sales. In general, I had negative experience with them. Too low salary

Interview Question – How you would sell a credit card   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – The interviewer was late, and it took her about 10 minutes to figure out who I actually was

Interview Question – How would you handle a conflict with another employee?   View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – You have your initial interview and then two days of training. Very simple.

Interview Question – The interview just asks simple questions about your experiences working and asks what would you do in certain situations on the job.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Macy's

Interview Details – I got an interview waited and hour got asked prescreaning questions then got interview by someone else and then was hired, easy process/

Interview Question – there wasn't any hard questions just typical interview questions   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Macy's in September 2012.

Interview Details – oh well the best time to apply is seasonal, you would have to apply online. when you are in the interview they will ask you normal questions. why do you want to work for macys, your availability, tell about yourself, how would you sell a pair of jeans. The interview is really easy and they will tell you in the same interview if you are hired.

Interview Question – how would you sell a pair of jeans
what do you know about the company products
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they just offer you 8.00 dollars for cashier, on call because they just dont have enough hours to give

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in November 2011.

Interview Details – Sat in a room filled with others having 1-1 interviews as well. Asked me basic interview questions like: why Macy's? What would you do if you caught one of your coworkers stealing? And tell me about a time you've shown great customer service? After all questions I was instructed to wait to speak to another manager. After talking to that manager I was immediately hired on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you get a customer to buy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Durham, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy offered a job on the spot. Asked questions like why do you want to work at MACYS.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Macys?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No it was 7.25 an hr-a seasonal position

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's Cashier interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.