Macy's Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was hired through a phone interview. The phone interview contained personal questions mostly about prior work experience and many behavioral based "tell me about a time when" questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. It wasn't the hardest interview but it also wasn't the easiest. I advise to be prepared to link your experience with how you can benefit their company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Seasonal job. No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email the following week. I had a bit of trouble scheduling the initial interview, but after that it was easy. I arrived 15 minutes early, and had to sign in. Later, I was taken to another room where I met with an interviewing manager. I answered every question honestly, and even explained that there where some questions I could not answer at the time as I did not have all the information necessary. 4 days later I received another email explaining that my availability is what cost me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to purchase a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online via macy's website, and was contacted for an in-person interview within a few days. I was offered an In person interview and was hired on the spot. They asked questions that I found on glassdoor website, I was asked about 5 questions, and I had a very friendly recruiter. Overall, the interview process is very easy going, no need to stress about it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could not negotiate because I had n experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

A few days after applying I recieved an email to schedule an in store interview. During the interview you go to the HR department and call for the manager.
    We met and went through routine questions "tell me a time when you had to sell to a stranger" after answering the questions I recieved an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a product to a complete stranger?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me the base pay and the percentage of comission. It was satisfactory so I agreed. Set up my schedule for the following week.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Interview

Easy. asks you questions that are fairly simple. Applied online, got invited for a next day interview and was hired right on the spot at the interview. The entire interview is just a list of questions that the interviewee asks you.

Interview Questions

• do you prefer a work environment that varies or stays the same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Ran into former school buddy who was a lower level manager at the store. She found out I was looking for work and that one of the departments had just had an employee unexpectedly quit. She introduced me to the department manager, who I interviewed with. I was then told to submit a formal application, and was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

What makes good customer service?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate the hourly wage in the commissioned departments. I was paid $14 + commission after a month

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. Manager was engaging,. Sincere and interested in who I am and what I could contribute. He was extremely polite and attentive without being pretentious. Interview asked appropriate questions
    Odviously very intelligent with knowledge of the products in hie department.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy and to be expected for retail job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward . Professional, not a lot of unnecessary chatter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Chula Vista, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied in October, right when they began hiring for the holiday season. They emailed me within 3 days of submitting the application to schedule an interview. I was able to choose a date and time and arrived 20 minutes before my interview to talk to some of the employees and to calm my nerves. I was called in and the manager asked me who are you, why do you want to work for Macy's, and then a question about how I would help a customer who comes looking for a certain pair of jeans. I answered and she told me she wanted me to interview with the women's shoe manager for that position. I came in the next day and was asked what I would do if I didn't have an item the customer wanted. I answered, he said okay, and got my paperwork.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in looking for a pair of jeans, that isn't your department, so what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable salary-base pay and commission after that

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Laguna Hills, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Must apply via the internet. I was contacted 1 week later for a face-to-face interview w/personnel. It was a one-on-one type screening interview. Representative said it went well and was going to setup a follow up interview with the cosemetic manager and myself. I am waiting for either an email or call to go to the next interview level.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever said anything that offended someone and how did I handle it?   1 Answer