Macy's Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online via macy's website, and was contacted for an in-person interview within a few days. I was offered an In person interview and was hired on the spot. They asked questions that I found on glassdoor website, I was asked about 5 questions, and I had a very friendly recruiter. Overall, the interview process is very easy going, no need to stress about it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could not negotiate because I had n experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

A few days after applying I recieved an email to schedule an in store interview. During the interview you go to the HR department and call for the manager.
    We met and went through routine questions "tell me a time when you had to sell to a stranger" after answering the questions I recieved an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a product to a complete stranger?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me the base pay and the percentage of comission. It was satisfactory so I agreed. Set up my schedule for the following week.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Interview

Easy. asks you questions that are fairly simple. Applied online, got invited for a next day interview and was hired right on the spot at the interview. The entire interview is just a list of questions that the interviewee asks you.

Interview Questions

• do you prefer a work environment that varies or stays the same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Ran into former school buddy who was a lower level manager at the store. She found out I was looking for work and that one of the departments had just had an employee unexpectedly quit. She introduced me to the department manager, who I interviewed with. I was then told to submit a formal application, and was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

What makes good customer service?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate the hourly wage in the commissioned departments. I was paid $14 + commission after a month

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. Manager was engaging,. Sincere and interested in who I am and what I could contribute. He was extremely polite and attentive without being pretentious. Interview asked appropriate questions
    Odviously very intelligent with knowledge of the products in hie department.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy and to be expected for retail job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward . Professional, not a lot of unnecessary chatter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Chula Vista, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied in October, right when they began hiring for the holiday season. They emailed me within 3 days of submitting the application to schedule an interview. I was able to choose a date and time and arrived 20 minutes before my interview to talk to some of the employees and to calm my nerves. I was called in and the manager asked me who are you, why do you want to work for Macy's, and then a question about how I would help a customer who comes looking for a certain pair of jeans. I answered and she told me she wanted me to interview with the women's shoe manager for that position. I came in the next day and was asked what I would do if I didn't have an item the customer wanted. I answered, he said okay, and got my paperwork.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in looking for a pair of jeans, that isn't your department, so what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable salary-base pay and commission after that

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Laguna Hills, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Must apply via the internet. I was contacted 1 week later for a face-to-face interview w/personnel. It was a one-on-one type screening interview. Representative said it went well and was going to setup a follow up interview with the cosemetic manager and myself. I am waiting for either an email or call to go to the next interview level.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever said anything that offended someone and how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

My interview was scheduled at 11:00. I was worry not be on time, so I arrived 30min before. The first thing that happened and brought doubts to my mind about the company and organization was that the manager (or so) who supposed to interview me was at lunch. Probably he didn’t even know that the interview was scheduled. There were few more people waiting for the interview with the other managers. So as I figured out later the administrative support or assistants at the Human Resources Department are unorganized. That is just a start…After interview which was great, a lot of questions, some about previous jobs (if you worked before), your attitude, your ability to work as a team and with the customers. Be prepared for these questions. So next, they told me to come for an Orientation day. But they didn’t tell me exactly where to go and what does it mean…If you familiar with the Aventura Mall there are few Macy’s buildings there and on different levels. I was running all over the place until one of the employers told me the same story happened to him...ha-ha At least I got some exercises. The Orientation took few hours of talking, watching videos, listening, and going to the lost prevention department. We never went to the store, to the place where we suppose to work. Is it right? I didn’t see the manager…I heard her name at least. The next day I started Training. I started at 1p.m. and left the office at 9p.m., without any break. I was by myself at the room with almost no assistance, learning for the first time how to work at POS. So when I put down the headsets and was ready to tell to the administrative assistant that I finished...I found out that I am by myself in the office. They finished their job and went home, leaving me alone without next instructions. So I didn’t hear from them for the few days. I tried to reach them by phone, nobody answers. That is another story how I found their phone numbers…Now I am going back to the office, hope they will tell me what to do next. It is not because I didn’t ask the questions, I did. I hope your experience will be better at this place. Something needs to change…

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

went into store and waited 20 minutes to be interviewed for shoe department.

Interview Questions

• why do i want to work on commission   1 Answer
    • what do I like about retail?   1 Answer