Macy's Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was hired through a phone interview. The phone interview contained personal questions mostly about prior work experience and many behavioral based "tell me about a time when" questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. It wasn't the hardest interview but it also wasn't the easiest. I advise to be prepared to link your experience with how you can benefit their company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Seasonal job. No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email the following week. I had a bit of trouble scheduling the initial interview, but after that it was easy. I arrived 15 minutes early, and had to sign in. Later, I was taken to another room where I met with an interviewing manager. I answered every question honestly, and even explained that there where some questions I could not answer at the time as I did not have all the information necessary. 4 days later I received another email explaining that my availability is what cost me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to purchase a Macy's credit card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online via macy's website, and was contacted for an in-person interview within a few days. I was offered an In person interview and was hired on the spot. They asked questions that I found on glassdoor website, I was asked about 5 questions, and I had a very friendly recruiter. Overall, the interview process is very easy going, no need to stress about it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could not negotiate because I had n experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

A few days after applying I recieved an email to schedule an in store interview. During the interview you go to the HR department and call for the manager. We met and went through routine questions "tell me a time when you had to sell to a stranger" after answering the questions I recieved an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a product to a complete stranger?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me the base pay and the percentage of comission. It was satisfactory so I agreed. Set up my schedule for the following week.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Interview

Easy. asks you questions that are fairly simple. Applied online, got invited for a next day interview and was hired right on the spot at the interview. The entire interview is just a list of questions that the interviewee asks you.

Interview Questions

• do you prefer a work environment that varies or stays the same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on line to Macy's and Bloomingdales. The first one was a seasonal part-time, the second an manager position (I have a BBA). The first one called for interview, the second one told me that I was overqualified!? That was funny. At Macy's You can feel a positive environment as soon as you enter the door. Everybody smile and greet you. The person who interview me was really nice. The questions where very assertive. I felt very welcomed from the very beginning.

Interview Questions

• When a person enters the store what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Ran into former school buddy who was a lower level manager at the store. She found out I was looking for work and that one of the departments had just had an employee unexpectedly quit. She introduced me to the department manager, who I interviewed with. I was then told to submit a formal application, and was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

What makes good customer service?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate the hourly wage in the commissioned departments. I was paid $14 + commission after a month

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Everybody gets hired. They don't care if people have previous background. I went formally dressed and took my resume but past experience is irrelevant. Got hired in the spot. I felt very bad knowing that they don't really care about criminals or people with problems

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be a part of Macy's .   1 Answer

Commission Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. Manager was engaging,. Sincere and interested in who I am and what I could contribute. He was extremely polite and attentive without being pretentious. Interview asked appropriate questions Odviously very intelligent with knowledge of the products in hie department.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy and to be expected for retail job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward . Professional, not a lot of unnecessary chatter.