Macy's Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.0

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Easy. asks you questions that are fairly simple. Applied online, got invited for a next day interview and was hired right on the spot at the interview. The entire interview is just a list of questions that the interviewee asks you.

Interview Questions
  • do you prefer a work environment that varies or stays the same.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Ran into former school buddy who was a lower level manager at the store. She found out I was looking for work and that one of the departments had just had an employee unexpectedly quit. She introduced me to the department manager, who I interviewed with. I was then told to submit a formal application, and was hired shortly thereafter.

No negotiation phase. Minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

What makes good customer service?

Interview Questions
    You are able to negotiate the hourly wage in the commissioned departments. I was paid $14 + commission after a month

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Very pleasant interview. Manager was engaging,. Sincere and interested in who I am and what I could contribute. He was extremely polite and attentive without being pretentious. Interview asked appropriate questions
    Odviously very intelligent with knowledge of the products in hie department.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy and to be expected for retail job.   Answer Question
    Very straightforward . Professional, not a lot of unnecessary chatter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

I applied in October, right when they began hiring for the holiday season. They emailed me within 3 days of submitting the application to schedule an interview. I was able to choose a date and time and arrived 20 minutes before my interview to talk to some of the employees and to calm my nerves. I was called in and the manager asked me who are you, why do you want to work for Macy's, and then a question about how I would help a customer who comes looking for a certain pair of jeans. I answered and she told me she wanted me to interview with the women's shoe manager for that position. I came in the next day and was asked what I would do if I didn't have an item the customer wanted. I answered, he said okay, and got my paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • A customer comes in looking for a pair of jeans, that isn't your department, so what do you do?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable salary-base pay and commission after that

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

Must apply via the internet. I was contacted 1 week later for a face-to-face interview w/personnel. It was a one-on-one type screening interview. Representative said it went well and was going to setup a follow up interview with the cosemetic manager and myself. I am waiting for either an email or call to go to the next interview level.

Interview Questions
    • Have I ever said anything that offended someone and how did I handle it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in June 2012.

My interview was scheduled at 11:00. I was worry not be on time, so I arrived 30min before. The first thing that happened and brought doubts to my mind about the company and organization was that the manager (or so) who supposed to interview me was at lunch. Probably he didn’t even know that the interview was scheduled. There were few more people waiting for the interview with the other managers. So as I figured out later the administrative support or assistants at the Human Resources Department are unorganized. That is just a start…After interview which was great, a lot of questions, some about previous jobs (if you worked before), your attitude, your ability to work as a team and with the customers. Be prepared for these questions. So next, they told me to come for an Orientation day. But they didn’t tell me exactly where to go and what does it mean…If you familiar with the Aventura Mall there are few Macy’s buildings there and on different levels. I was running all over the place until one of the employers told me the same story happened to him...ha-ha At least I got some exercises. The Orientation took few hours of talking, watching videos, listening, and going to the lost prevention department. We never went to the store, to the place where we suppose to work. Is it right? I didn’t see the manager…I heard her name at least. The next day I started Training. I started at 1p.m. and left the office at 9p.m., without any break. I was by myself at the room with almost no assistance, learning for the first time how to work at POS. So when I put down the headsets and was ready to tell to the administrative assistant that I finished...I found out that I am by myself in the office. They finished their job and went home, leaving me alone without next instructions. So I didn’t hear from them for the few days. I tried to reach them by phone, nobody answers. That is another story how I found their phone numbers…Now I am going back to the office, hope they will tell me what to do next. It is not because I didn’t ask the questions, I did. I hope your experience will be better at this place. Something needs to change…

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

went into store and waited 20 minutes to be interviewed for shoe department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's in March 2012.

I interviewed first with a sales manager, who offered me a position, but said I needed to come in the next day to talk to HR. That day I received a call from HR who said that manager needed to reschedule. It took me nearly 2 weeks of persistent calling and emailing to get them to reschedule the interview. I was hired on the spot when I came in to meet with the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in February 2012.

Saw the ad online and applied through MacysJobs.com. Was sent an email inviting me to schedule an interview. Showed up on my scheduled date, dressed well. I wouldn't go in there wearing all black like some people are suggesting--- after all you aren't working for them yet. Had to wait a little bit for my interviewer to arrive, maybe 10 minutes late (she turned out to be my future manager). The interview began with a few generic questions about my experience, etc. and she just reacted to my answers and responded with more questions related to my response-- like a normal conversation. Then after this went on for a little bit, she went to a piece of paper where she read off a list of questions. Just read through the other reviews on here and you will learn all the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you saw something illegal. What did you do?   View Answer
    Not really. I was told it was a draw vs. commission salary and what I earned was based on what I sold.