Macy's

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Interview process went very smoothly. I applied online and with-in a few days received an email saying they were interested in me. From there, I set up a date to go in and interview with the manager of the men's department. The interview took less than an hour and was hired on the spot. I was asked different questions about how I could benefit the company/increase sales, how I would react in different situations, etc. From there, they put me into a 3 day intensive training course on how to treat others and how to work the register. Overall, it was a very educational experience.

Interview Questions
    • When dealing with a difficult customer, how would you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. It was face to face interview. Interviewers were friendly. They were not able to provide much information about the salary, about how they establish an hourly rate. They did tell me about an excellent benefit package. I was contacted very soon and was advised to go through a basic store training.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the hourly rate a little bit. But their power to do anything was limited.