Macy's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate
Corte Madera, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Macy's in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process went very smoothly. I applied online and with-in a few days received an email saying they were interested in me. From there, I set up a date to go in and interview with the manager of the men's department. The interview took less than an hour and was hired on the spot. I was asked different questions about how I could benefit the company/increase sales, how I would react in different situations, etc. From there, they put me into a 3 day intensive training course on how to treat others and how to work the register. Overall, it was a very educational experience.

Interview Question – When dealing with a difficult customer, how would you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Corte Madera, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Applied online. It was face to face interview. Interviewers were friendly. They were not able to provide much information about the salary, about how they establish an hourly rate. They did tell me about an excellent benefit package. I was contacted very soon and was advised to go through a basic store training.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the hourly rate a little bit. But their power to do anything was limited.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's interview questions and advice in Corte Madera, CA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees and interview candidates.