Macy's Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Online test. Then I scheduled an interview online to go into the store. I took the first date available because I heard sometimes nothing is available. I went to my scheduled interview with an HR manager. It went well and a cosmetics counter manager called me the next day to schedule an interview with the Clinique counter. Then there will be one more interview.

Interview Questions

• How I would sell credit cards.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email to arrange an interview for this position. It was a great experience, I interviewed with the Cosmetics Department Manager. She was lovely and made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Didn't get the position as they were looking for someone for at least a year. But she told me to come back and re-apply if my availability/plans changed. Seems like a good work environment from what I saw - but of course this varies from location to location.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The first interview was online, the second and third in person. It was a basic interview with generic questions. The time frame in between the three interviews was disastrously long. If you are looking for a quick job, do not expect Macy's to be an ideal candidate.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to the Macy's legacy on a personal level?   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online - meeting scheduled online - generic meeting with a dept manager then second meeting with cosmetic manager. 3rd meeting with vendor rep then telephone interview with vendor coordinator. Stock interview questions throughout - no proper interview space. People seemed harried and stressed.

Interview Questions

• Are you the hungriest in the room?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and I received an email to set up an appointment. I had interview with cosmetic manager and floor manager. After that I had interview for talent plus and now today I have interview in store again.

Interview Questions

• How loyal are you? What would you do if you see one of the employee stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Newark, DE).

Interview

Very long process, normally two to three interviews. I applied online, got an interview the next day. Met with the cosmetics manager, I had met with her previously on another interview. It went well and she wanted to know about my availability and to call her. I called her back about two days later and never received a callback.

Interview Questions

• How would you close a sale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (Pembroke Pines, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a woman from the cosmetics department and she asked some basic questions and wrote down the answers. She asked about my experience and if I'd be willing to apply makeup to people's hands and faces. I applied for a part-time position but since I'm going back to college in a month, she just put me down for a temp/as-needed position. She said cosmetics training takes longer than most retail positions because you need training from Macy's and from the vendor. Be prepared to commit to a long training process if hired. Also, she mentioned that they use a 9-point system so if you miss work, are late to work, etc., you lose a point, and if you lose all 9 points they fire you, no matter how good you are.

Interview Questions

• How can you assure that a customer will return to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Milford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a little nerve racking. The manager for cosmetics didn't interview me because he wasn't there. So I was interviews by some other lady. She was nice and kind. Very interested in my other job that I am employed at. I wore all black. Black pants, top, blazer and flats. I also wore makeup but not heavy makeup.

Cosmetics Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I had the interview with department manager and the brand assistant manager,they ask me to introduce myself, and ask what products I am using, and do a demo sale in front of them, ect. And a week later, I go to the counter, meet the brand counter manager, and account execusive.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent in my application and by the next day I was told to schedule my interview. I scheduled it for the closest time possible which at the time was the 22nd of June at 5 o'clock. I dressed professionally. Got to the interview in time but my interviewer took about 30 mins before she called me in for the interview. I didn't mind. I was just nervous because it was my first interview but I was doing my best as well. I had a lot of confidence and she kept saying good answer to the answers for the questions she asked me. At the end I got a chance to ask her a few questions like how she enjoyed working there and how she gets along with her coworkers and then I couldn't really think of much else to ask so we ended the interview with a firm handshake.