Macy's Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Lakewood, CA).

Interview

They basically want to know how important your customer service skills are. Like most retail jobs common sense goes a long way. Have specific examples in mind regarding past customer experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you found out a coworker was stealing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The first orientation for jobs were in the job search center. The application is online, choose any job interest, later is the interview. The salary is comission. But not all jobs is for comission. The interview is one for one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the cosmetics manager. It took about 30 minutes. She asked me about general retail situations. If you have experienced getting interviewed with retail stores like Target, then you understand the basic process on this interview.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The Process was fairly quick. Got 3 interviews all in 1 week and got a job offer. I was told to apply at the store computers which reach to the management faster, then got called in 4 days. Got interviewed with Cosmetics Department Manager, 2 days later got interviewed by another Manager, and then same day got Interviewed by the Brand Manager, 2 days got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest points?   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Interview

You sit down with a hiring manager and you're asked about your experience within retail and also in the cosmetic field. Such as have you ever applied makeup to other people other than yourself. Are you quick on your feet? Can you handle work under pressure? And also can you handle multiple personalities? Once you are hired you are then put into a room where you will learn all of the following macys procedures.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a customer asked what are the benefits of opening a Macy's card?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It took few days. I applied through monster.com and booked interview through macy's site.
    I could choose the date and time. So I selected the convenient time for me.
    You can cancel and reschedul your interview if you have enough time before the interview, but you can't reschedule the interview if it's near future.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell macy's card?   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an email requesting an interview then next day. The process was really quick and easy, really basic. It's not hard at all. The job is a total shoe-in :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What would you do if you saw another associate stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward one on one interview. But for cosmetics there are two interviews one with a counter manager and one with the cosmetics manager. She was basically just explaining what our duties where and talking about the different lines of makeup the store has. She set me up with an interview with the manager of cosmetics later that week. The second interview was light she was just asking about my avaliability and what counter I would like to work at.Then after I filled out some papers and had to come in next week for training.

Negotiation

Depends on your experience. Cosmetic associates get commission as well.

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Macy's (Temecula, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got an interview. Interview went well & was invited to a second interview. The woman said that the manager from the cosmetics counter would give me a call in a couple days to set up the interview. Called a week or two later to check in about it & couldn't get ahold of anyone. Left two messages throughout the week and never got called back. About a month and a half later, I went in to the counter that I was supposed to interview for and asked the associate about my situation. She told me that it took them 8 weeks to call her and not to worry about it. Never got a call. This was months ago. Don't tell people that they have a second interview and then never call them. Very unprofessional.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Macy's is a very nice clean store where they assist you kindly and straight to the point.
    Very comfortable place and very friendly. But all of that can mislead you to over confidence that you got the job. They make it seem like you're right and are a right candidate but then decline so so positive but don't over think it.

Interview Questions

• If a customer only wants to buy lipstick how would you get them to buy something other then that?   1 Answer