Macy's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

1.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Long process two phone interview and two onsite interviews

Interview Questions
  • Mention a time when you have a difficult situation and how you handle it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

Sat in a room with about 10 other people who were waiting. Interviewed with one manager. Tell about a time u dealt with a difficult customer. How would u sell a top? What would u do if u saw a manager stealing? Hired on the spot.

Not much wiggle room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

hiring process was quick and easy.. one interview then offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's in December 2011.

I applied for Macy's online and in 2 days received an email to schedule an interview. When I got there the manager that scheduled my interview wasn't there so, I had to wait for the HR rep to call in another manager which took an hour. When the manager came in he was very easy going and professional. He asks basic interview questions from a script and offered me the job, I accepted the job offer and he left out the room to get my papers ready but after 30 minutes of waiting the manager returned only to tell me that the previous manager who scheduled my interview had scheduled a surplus amount of interviewees. Needless to say, they retracted my job offer and told me to reapply for another position, but I didn't bother.

Interview Questions

Frustration from the manager's mistakes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in November 2011.

It was a very weird interview. Very low energy from the recruiter. Seemed like she did not want to be there or asking me questions. Then out of no where she sparked up. It was almost like a good cop/bad cop situation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer service problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in June 2011.

Every bit of Terrible! I was sent an email to schedule an interview, I was sent another email confirming my interview for the next day...... I arrive 10 minutes early, for them to tell me (before the interview) that "there aren't any positions available, do you wish to continue with the interview process?" I tell them "yes" she asks my availability i tell her im available any time. she asks what my hours will be during the school year, i tell her anytime after 12pm she says "GOOD JOB" well we only have morning positions. ( i was a little thrown off by her saying good job) so i sit there waiting for her to continue. she just stares at me for 1minute 1/2... i rolled my eyes and kindly asked them to reimburse me for the gas that i wasted getting there!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in May 2011.

I applied online with a resume through their website and was emailed that they were interested in hiring me. The email sent me to another website where I had to schedule a available interview date myself.
    They ask you the usually questions like what would you do in this situation and why Macy's and what position you are interested in. The employer was very nice and we laughed. Dress very professional this is Macy's not Hollister.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to sell something?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take the role as leader of a group.   Answer Question

Because they offered me another position that I was not interested in working. Which was early morning stock.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in September 2010.

Filled out an application in the store after walking in, telling the first HR person I met that I wanted to work there, and being told that I need to fill out their application. Did it on the spot, didn't mention desired pay as asked because wasn't sure what was standard. Got an interview in a couple of days, with the same person I met on my walk-in. Got the job offer right away. The extensive background check was done after a couple months of working in the store (my hiring manager already liked me by then).

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to explain why I wanted to work at Macy's.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's in August 2010.

I went in for a CSA position, I only needed it as a summer job and possibly to work a little longer after I graduated that fall. The interviewer decided I was better suited for sales and convinced me that a commissioned position in the shoe dept. would be best for me.

Interview Questions
    • What type of relationships do you expect to develop with your coworkers?   Answer Question

At first I was interested, at the conclusion of the interview I realized it was a long term position and I asked if I could just be a CSA because I did not plan on making it my career. I was told that either I could take the commissioned position or nothing at all. And that is what I decided to do.