Macy's

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

Interview Details – hiring process was quick and easy.. one interview then offered a position.

Interview Question – none. Its easy peasy   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in May 2012.

Interview Details – Sat in a room with about 10 other people who were waiting. Interviewed with one manager. Tell about a time u dealt with a difficult customer. How would u sell a top? What would u do if u saw a manager stealing? Hired on the spot.

Interview Question – How would you sell the store card?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room.

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Macy's.

Interview Details – Long process two phone interview and two onsite interviews

Interview Question – Mention a time when you have a difficult situation and how you handle it   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in September 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out an application in the store after walking in, telling the first HR person I met that I wanted to work there, and being told that I need to fill out their application. Did it on the spot, didn't mention desired pay as asked because wasn't sure what was standard. Got an interview in a couple of days, with the same person I met on my walk-in. Got the job offer right away. The extensive background check was done after a couple months of working in the store (my hiring manager already liked me by then).

Interview Question – Was asked to explain why I wanted to work at Macy's.   View Answer

Springfield, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Macy's in August 2010.

Interview Details – I went in for a CSA position, I only needed it as a summer job and possibly to work a little longer after I graduated that fall. The interviewer decided I was better suited for sales and convinced me that a commissioned position in the shoe dept. would be best for me.

Interview Question – What type of relationships do you expect to develop with your coworkers?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – At first I was interested, at the conclusion of the interview I realized it was a long term position and I asked if I could just be a CSA because I did not plan on making it my career. I was told that either I could take the commissioned position or nothing at all. And that is what I decided to do.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Macy's in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for Macy's online and in 2 days received an email to schedule an interview. When I got there the manager that scheduled my interview wasn't there so, I had to wait for the HR rep to call in another manager which took an hour. When the manager came in he was very easy going and professional. He asks basic interview questions from a script and offered me the job, I accepted the job offer and he left out the room to get my papers ready but after 30 minutes of waiting the manager returned only to tell me that the previous manager who scheduled my interview had scheduled a surplus amount of interviewees. Needless to say, they retracted my job offer and told me to reapply for another position, but I didn't bother.

Interview Question – Discribe a situation where you had to work on a team.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Frustration from the manager's mistakes.

Mason, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was a very weird interview. Very low energy from the recruiter. Seemed like she did not want to be there or asking me questions. Then out of no where she sparked up. It was almost like a good cop/bad cop situation.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a customer service problem?   Answer Question

Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online with a resume through their website and was emailed that they were interested in hiring me. The email sent me to another website where I had to schedule a available interview date myself.
They ask you the usually questions like what would you do in this situation and why Macy's and what position you are interested in. The employer was very nice and we laughed. Dress very professional this is Macy's not Hollister.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Because they offered me another position that I was not interested in working. Which was early morning stock.

Virginia Beach, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Macy's in June 2011.

Interview Details – Every bit of Terrible! I was sent an email to schedule an interview, I was sent another email confirming my interview for the next day...... I arrive 10 minutes early, for them to tell me (before the interview) that "there aren't any positions available, do you wish to continue with the interview process?" I tell them "yes" she asks my availability i tell her im available any time. she asks what my hours will be during the school year, i tell her anytime after 12pm she says "GOOD JOB" well we only have morning positions. ( i was a little thrown off by her saying good job) so i sit there waiting for her to continue. she just stares at me for 1minute 1/2... i rolled my eyes and kindly asked them to reimburse me for the gas that i wasted getting there!

Interview Question – What is your availability   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!