Macy's Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2014

1.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Macy's.

You go though phone interview where you answer several questions. Then you go though a face to face interview. Then you get an offer for you hourly wage the normally pay up to 12 an hour

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in May 2013.

Applied online and someone called within a couple days for an interview. At first they told me they didn't have any positions that would fit me but then I got a call about 2 weeks later asking can I work in a different department.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult about the Interview questions, mostly customer service. How do you approach a customer? How would you get a customer to apply for a credit card?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They have it set with how much you will make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's.

I placed my application online and they contacted me within a week since they wanted seasonal employees. They ask pretty basic questions . The lady that interview acted like she liked my answers but she was clearly rushed for time. If they don't ask you to fill out paper work on the spot chances are they wont hire you.

Interview Questions
    • She asked about working in groups and i answered honestly that i work better alone that was the one mistake that cost me the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in December 2012.

It was very straightforward but it was intimidating having to wait around for a manager to show up

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you got caught in a situation with people. how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in October 2012.

It was for a seasonal position so it all happened very fast but i was hired on the spot so that was nice.... The lasy who interviewed me was really nice but she was bery scripted which made it feel as if the interview was not important.... but like i said it was a seasonal position so that time of year im not surprised.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in September 2012.

Questionnaire, one on one interview, assessment, and they will or won't offer you a job in the same day.

Interview Questions
    • If you've never worked in customer service related jobs, customer service related questions may be a little difficult.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation other than asking me to leave my other job I had at the time due to conflict of interest (another retail store)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's in August 2012.

filled out the aplication online. About 4 days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was the next day. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was scheduled for an onsite interview the same day I did the phone interview. The onsite interview lasted the same amount of time. The same day, after the onsite interview, I was offered the position and completed new hire paperwork.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's in November 2011.

2 interviews-personality interviews

no negotiation, given hourly wage, however, you have to join a union to work at Macy's and all employees pay a flat fee (that keeps increasing)- no matter how many hours you work a month

Customer Service Representative Interview

I filled out the application and then was sent a email telling me to go online and sign up for a interview date and time. One interview, face to face. I was offered the job when the interview was done.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly can't remember he just asked me questions about myself.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Macy's in November 2009.

I filled out an application online, then I got an e-mail the next day asking to schedule an interview. I got there, had a good interview, and was asked to meet with the Men's manager. However, that meeting never happened because all of the positions were taken.